Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Man shouting racists slurs slashes throats on Portland metro

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

Pretty shitty news to be hearing. Makes one wonder what the end game is when extremist behavior is being cultivated at home. How do you even begin to fight extremism abroad while doing nothing about it back here.

A man riding the MAX in Northeast Portland fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.
    The suspect is currently in Portland police custody. The stabbing occurred at about 4:30 this afternoon as the light-rail train pulled into the Hollywood Transit Center.
    Details of the triple stabbing, which killed two men, are still emerging. But eyewitness reports to KATU and The Oregonian indicate it was an anti-immigrant hate crime.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can only hope, that finding myself in similar circumstances, I have testicles as large as the two men who died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

Pretty shitty news to be hearing. Makes one wonder what the end game is when extremist behavior is being cultivated at home. How do you even begin to fight extremism abroad while doing nothing about it back here.

A man riding the MAX in Northeast Portland fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.
    The suspect is currently in Portland police custody. The stabbing occurred at about 4:30 this afternoon as the light-rail train pulled into the Hollywood Transit Center.
    Details of the triple stabbing, which killed two men, are still emerging. But eyewitness reports to KATU and The Oregonian indicate it was an anti-immigrant hate crime.
    Why do you think this has anything to do with ISIS?

Jesus. Some mentally unstable fuckers live here, apparently I need to keep abreast of my local news because I just saw this story like 20 mins ago (on social media).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you dont ride public transportation it attracts the psychos.

How is this in any way comparable to ISIS? Someone murdered someone?

White Knighting gone wrong.

Remember kids, if you gotta white knight, do it online.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I can only hope, that finding myself in similar circumstances, I have testicles as large as the two men who died.
    Most likely what happened is that they escalated the situation by mouthing off about what a dick the guy was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    This is why you dont ride public transportation it attracts the psychos.
    This is very true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Most likely what happened is that they escalated the situation by mouthing off about what a dick the guy was.
    I like to think that their base instinct was to defend the women being attacked which is what I would hope my base instinct would be.

Edit:
    Hmmmm, hopefully that doesn't make me sound sexist.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-05-27 at 06:15 AM.

I like to think that their base instinct was to defend the women being attacked which is what I would hope my base instinct would be,
    Yeah, that's a nice instinct but most of life tends to be in a grey area between being a dick and being a do-gooder.

I was on the MAX six or seven months ago and was sitting in front of a man who was talking to himself while also talking shit about the black people on the train (Oregon is 97 percent white, true statistic, so the number of black people on the train was exactly two people). What happened was that the two black guys got up, along with three other dudes on the train, formed a circle around him and threatened very loudly to beat the shit out of him. The guy backed down and ran off the train at the next stop (was still talking to himself the whole time, though).

Portland has some serious mental illness issues.

Deleted
    Do we have video of this? Seems like they escalated the situation with some asshole and got killed.

Homegrown ISIS. LOL

I like to think that their base instinct was to defend the women being attacked which is what I would hope my base instinct would be.

Edit:
    Hmmmm, hopefully that doesn't make me sound sexist.
    Wow you sexist pig. How DARE you assume women need defending "instinctively" by men.

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Wow you sexist pig. How DARE you assume women need defending "instinctively" by men.

/s
    Yeah, sadly, only on the internet does such a concern crop up.

its time to bin the knives

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Clearly the guy harassing people for maybe being Muslim is the innocent victim here, perhaps even the hero of our tale.
    Yes. We normally call our heroes "asshole".

Huh. I didn't know Portland had...erm...traditional values. I thought they were a modern city.

Portland is a magnet for the crazies because the city is very left wing and kind to homeless people. Same with San Francisco, the city smells like poop and pee.

If the the Department of Motor Vehicles won't give you a driver's license, you have to take the bus. I'm sorry he lost his mind and those two people died.

Here's the actual news article the blog post is based on

http://katu.com/news/local/witnesses...ally-motivated

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Huh. I didn't know Portland had...erm...traditional values. I thought they were a modern city.
    Cities have all kinds of folk in them, by virtue of their population size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your thread title is bad and you should feel bad.

It's a super bad idea to confront people that are acting out in public. These people are mentally unstable and often armed so if you want to do anything call the police (but make sure they can't see/hear you do it). Personally I've seen a man be stabbed to death for standing up to one of these types.