Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Chat serves absolutely no purpose the ping system doesn't otherwise tells you, i disabled that long ago.
    It's decent, but I wouldn't say it covers everything. Building a trap at the boss mob sure isn't covered.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'd probably use it a lot more if you could talk to the enemy team too. Not for trash-talking either. Just makes it a hell of a lot more interesting. Pings usually suffice for instructions/calls except at the highest level.
    What this person said. Pings can signal almost anything you need and 90% of the time when someone types in chat, it's to argue and shit-talk teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It's decent, but I wouldn't say it covers everything. Building a trap at the boss mob sure isn't covered.
    I use a couple of Defend pings on the bushes for it. People usually get the point of my pinging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You can trap easily with pings, even in LoL you can make people do a trap simply by pinging a bush, just as you can in HOTS.

7+ Year Old Account
    No time to reply. Doing so can result in a death, delayed reaction to an objective, or missing out on experience. Sometimes I'll use it when dead, but even then, usually not.

No time to reply, so I use pings.
    Other players aren't using chat nor pings.
    Generally a troll or a diver (A lot of the time it is a D3 monk) complaining, so don't feel like feeding their ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use chat just for quick 'commands' you can't express with pings like "Give up objective", "Don't fight, level 16 vs 15", "Force fight, level 16 vs 15" or how we should lane in early game "Genji + Anub roam, Rehgar, Varian, Greymane solo". Sometimes when my team loses fight to a specific tactic, I state how we should prevent it and approach enemy team next time. Then there are also situations when a guy protests, so I try to provide my reasoning.

However if you have good team that understands it intuitively, you don't have to use chat unless something big and bad happens. I only write while dead, moving from base or passively soaking experience.

Of course you have idiots to argue with from time to time, but you are losing the game already because of it and it is good way of using wasted time to see their responses. Yes, I am guilty of liking to stir angry people even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall my chat experiences haven't been bad so much as pointless. Majority of QMs I do people don't really respond much to what I say when I tell them not to commit when the enemy is Lv.10 and we're Lv.9, but dropping 2 retreat pings tends to get their attention.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I use a couple of Defend pings on the bushes for it. People usually get the point of my pinging.
    LOL, not with me they don't. Ping the bush, ping is ignored, ping the bush, ping is ignored, ping the bush, have someone else ping back as fast as they can, or tell me "wtf with the pinging?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I turned off my Allied Chat a long time ago. I realized I had reached a point where I didn't actually need it anymore for keeping an overview of the match, and people were mostly obnoxious anyway when they did talk.
    100% this

I got a warning for being toxic by a GM so just turned it off. Game became a lot more fun after that and I climbed way higher too

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because the MOBA genre is known for being very toxic?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it in every game, if for nothing else but to say hello.

7+ Year Old Account
    didn't you notice all the toxic dickheads are using it????

7+ Year Old Account
    1. people usually use it to be toxic
    2. a ping is much faster
    3. hots is a very fast game, whatever they are typing out, it is too late, in something like lol you can see an enemy leave your lane and go "X is ganking south" they have a good 15 seconds to react, in heros it can be 5 seconds
    4. voice chat is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

As many have already pointed out, pinging is way faster and covers like 90% of communication, so chat is pretty much useless.

That said, I always have it on in case somebody wants to communicate through it instead of pings. Also, sometimes people type something funny or encouraging there. Of course, sometimes it's the opposite, but to be fair I don't encounter toxic people too often.

I almost exclusively play with friends on voice, so the only place I heavily use chat for gameplay is HL.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    People sure get emotional over being called a noob online these days.
    We can't all be emotionally stunted pieces of shit.

Infracted: Flaming
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-05-30 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    We can't all be emotionally stunted pieces of shit.
    Please stop You're gonna make people think im commenting on my own comments to prove my point!

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the shit I want to say to my teammates can be communicated and communicated better via pings. I don't really have too much reason to use the chat.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2017-05-30 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Well for starters the game seems to be a lot more fast-paced than the alternatives, with less downtime. That's one reason.

Another is; After years of experience with MOBAs most of the time it is used to be a "cunt"... so i prefer to just ignore it or turn it off all-together.