Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cowardly trophy hunters shoot a male lion, then run away when the tables turn.

Smh. I have no words to express myself. What are your thoughts on this?

I think I would run too if a lion was coming at me! Then again, I wouldn't put myself in that situation.

Would have better if the lions killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I think I would run too if a lion was coming at me! Then again, I wouldn't put myself in that situation.
    I agree, but I think if they're man enough to outnumber and shoot one lion with high powered rifles, they're man enough to face the lion's family. But no, they run away when the playing field becomes level.

Bunch of pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSandman View Post
    I agree, but I think if they're man enough to outnumber and shoot one lion with high powered rifles, they're man enough to face the lion's family. But no, they run away when the playing field becomes level.
    What would you call "level"?

That's . . . not how hunter/prey relationships work. If that lion caught a baby rhino or whatever and it's family turned on him, he'd run like a bitch too.

I don't approve of trophy hunting, but your assertions are ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's . . . not how hunter/prey relationships work. If that lion caught a baby rhino or whatever and it's family turned on him, he'd run like a bitch too.

Rhinoceros are mostly solitary.

A equal chance of killing or being killed.

They should be forced to hunt their trophies with spears and pocket knives. Or better yet, their teeth and nails and fists.

Assholes. Shame the lions didn't catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post

How? This is not hunter/prey as the lion is not a prey animal. It's predator killing predator. The difference between this and a lion hunting a baby rhino is the lion, no matter how big the prey animal is, has to get up close, risking injury and possible death, in order to make a kill. These guys can just shoot from whatever distance they want to without risking injury or death to themselves. Prey animals are dangerous to predators. A single kick or gore is enough to put a predator out of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    How? This is not hunter/prey as the lion is not a prey animal. It's predator killing predator. The difference between this and a lion hunting a baby rhino is the lion, no matter how big the prey animal is, has to get up close, risking injury and possible death, in order to make a kill. These guys can just shoot from whatever distance they want to without risking injury or death to themselves. Prey animals are dangerous to predators. A single kick or gore is enough to put a predator out of action.
    And the lions are clearly dangerous to the humans in this case, hence why they ran. I don't agree with trophy hunting either, but saying "You shot at something and when it became a threat you ran, what a coward" is stupid because that's literally what any sane person or animal would do.

I guess you owe those chicken a few pecks for all the KFCs you've been eat'in and finger lick'in.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    I guess you owe those chicken a few pecks for all the KFCs you've been eat'in and finger lick'in.
    I'm vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Why are people getting triggered about hunting?

It's how the world works. Predator and prey. Just like you doing your daily job, and being helpless against your boss keeping all the profits.
    Trophy hunting and hunting for a meal are completely different things

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    And the lions are clearly dangerous to the humans in this case, hence why they ran. I don't agree with trophy hunting either, but saying "You shot at something and when it became a threat you ran, what a coward" is stupid because that's literally what any sane person or animal would do.
    Actually, it's not stupid. It's just wanting to see justice served. The humans were dangerous to the lions, which is why the lions fought back to defend their brother. Why are the humans putting themselves in that type of danger in the first place? They aren't looking for food. They're looking to kill for the fun of it. Hence, they deserve what was coming to them. I have no problem with hunting for food, but hunting for sport is a different story.

Why are people getting triggered about hunting?

It's how the world works. Predator and prey. Just like you doing your daily job, and being helpless against your boss keeping all the profits.
    Nobody's getting triggered about hunting (I assume you mean hunting for food).

We're getting triggered about killing for the sheer fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why it matters.
    One is for complete fun. The other is for subsistence.

Not sure why it matters.
    Because it's wasteful? Can damage the ecosystem? Generally a characteristic of mental illness to derive pleasure from killing living things?

Take your pick.

Is this one of those situations where the dude pays a ton of money to go shoot an animal which makes the conservation the animal lives on a ton of money which gets invested in making more animals and the population of the animal actually benefits in the long run?

Because if it is, then good?