Thread: Far Cry 5

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Yeah, SJW's have pretty much poisoned that creativity pool, but make it a cult that's such a hodgepodge of other religions and cultures that it'd be impossible to say for sure who they're being "bigoted" against. Hell, most legit realworld cults ARE a mix of elements from big religions, ripped off wholesale by some charismatic person and twisted into something of his/her own making.
    That idea has already been employed in some facets in the BattleTech universe, in particular the Jihad era, aka the Dark Age in which a faction attempts to destroy multiple interstellar nations abilities at fighting war by attacking capital cities and military production factories. It isn't a hard thing to come up with, it just has to be done creatively with a sensible back story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Getting this day one.

Fearlessly predicting it to be 2017 game of the year.
    Considering the release date is Feb 2018 I don't think this will be the case. Admire your fearlessness though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I'll pass but focus on what's important, I said why I think this game doesn't deserve any special attention, why do you think the game is worthy of our attention looking back at the quality of the previous games ?
    Because

It

Looks

Fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Because

It

Looks

Fun
    a "hyped" game that looks everything but unique is sad to see, the industry deserve better

10+ Year Old Account
    a "hyped" game that looks everything but unique is sad to see, the industry deserve better
    Uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness also doesn't work. People here clearly seem to like it. Also it's just one game, why the hell you going on about the industry "deserve better."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We get it, you think the game will suck and you don't want to play it. So why do you keep posting the same tired shit in this thread over and over? Go post about games you actually do want to play; you're not being constructive at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Uniqueness for the sake of uniqueness also doesn't work. People here clearly seem to like it. Also it's just one game, why the hell you going on about the industry "deserve better."
    it's a good example on why the industry is growing that much based on decent game only, the companies are not taking anymore risks to create truly revolutionary games like the ones who built the games we play today, because consummers are fine with paying and playing decent game only that they would forget soon after.

we can create so much better, but so many seems to be fine with the current situation, just look at how many truly memorable games were released on the western world those 10 last years ? yeah, not more than 5. companies do the bare minimum and we should be fine with it, I don't agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    We get it, you think the game will suck and you don't want to play it. So why do you keep posting the same tired shit in this thread over and over? Go post about games you actually do want to play; you're not being constructive at all.
    well yes taking this game as an example of the current state of the industry and talking about it is constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the trailer. My initial response was "Wow I wanna play this." End of story.

What are you looking for here?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for revolutionary stuff just gets you disappointed. You say we can so much better? What do you mean exactly? So far you've been pretty nebulous and just seems whiny.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Suuuuuure, the cult which would have ended with a single call to 911.
    Yes, games are fantasy, but that fantasy has to have some logic and sense to it.
    Sorry, but this is too much for me.

far cry lost its appeal after they stopped supporting like the first game. so if yall think this game is worth a buy go rethink. not worth a buy.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh it's in Montana so that should narrow it down for you. Probably a mix of 1 and 2 with some weird cult controlling a small town in Montana.

Drug Empire in Montana LUL

I just hope there is a native reservation in the game.
    You know meth is like, super ridiculous in Montana right? Like, 90% of all drug offenses in the state are meth related.

So not terribly far-fetched.

OT: Looks good, I enjoyed 4 quite a bit

Looking great. Will most likely get this.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a good example on why the industry is growing that much based on decent game only, the companies are not taking anymore risks to create truly revolutionary games like the ones who built the games we play today, because consummers are fine with paying and playing decent game only that they would forget soon after.

we can create so much better, but so many seems to be fine with the current situation, just look at how many truly memorable games were released on the western world those 10 last years ? yeah, not more than 5. companies do the bare minimum and we should be fine with it, I don't agree

- - - Updated - - -

well yes taking this game as an example of the current state of the industry and talking about it is constructive
    You're goofy. Games have more freedom than ever to be creative and go where they want, the Indie game industry is booming.

If you're talking about AAA titles, then the answer is an obvious "They found what the market will pay for, and supply it". No need for "revolutionary" games when people will spend money on Assassin's Creed 16: Parkour In The City.

Creativity is there, you just have to actually look for it.

- - - Updated - - -

We get it you like "unique" indie games, that's fine, but stop posting hate(and nothing else) in threads about games that don't fulfill you hipster desires. There is nothing wrong with liking a tried and true franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You're goofy. Games have more freedom than ever to be creative and go where they want, the Indie game industry is booming.

If you're talking about AAA titles, then the answer is an obvious "They found what the market will pay for, and supply it". No need for "revolutionary" games when people will spend money on Assassin's Creed 16: Parkour In The City.

Creativity is there, you just have to actually look for it.
    don't tell me the industry has more quality game nowadays, this is wrong. video games are not in a better position to produce quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    We get it you like "unique" indie games, that's fine, but stop posting hate(and nothing else) in threads about games that don't fulfill you hipster desires. There is nothing wrong with liking a tried and true franchise.
    no hate, sorry if you felt it that way that would be just bad wording from me
    and like I said I don't care if a game is indie or not ? I would be the first to defend a masterpiece if it was successful, for instance I defend the pokemon games when I got the occasion to, even world of warcraft
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-05-27 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't tell me the industry has more quality game nowadays, this is wrong. video games are not in a better position to produce quality.
    There's been plenty of quality games in the past five years.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been plenty of quality games in the past five years.
    from the western world ? a game on the scale of the best zelda, the best mario, the best naughty dog or squaresoft games ? no, barely 5

10+ Year Old Account
    from the western world ? a game on the scale of the best zelda, the best mario, the best naughty dog or squaresoft games ? no, barely 5
    We're not talking about the best, we're talking about quality.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not talking about the best, we're talking about quality.
    there has been a huge amount of decent/good game yes, but very little exceptional game