Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bobby Kotick is now the 5th highest paid CEO

Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision Blizzard Inc.) recently got a raise of his salary from $8 million a year to $33 million a year (not including incentives/stock options/etc.). This ranks him as having the 5th highest salary of all CEOs.

Do you think he deserves to be paid that much?

Activision-Blizzard has 753 million shares outstanding, so his pay is roughly $0.04 a share that could have gone into the dividend instead. Would you give up that 4 cents a share, considering the over 500% gain the stock has had in the last 8 years?

I'm particularly interested in hearing opinions from any ATVI investors, but all are welcome.

Guy buys and runs a successful company, so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because he is an asshole so he is well paid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Bobby Kotick (CEO of Activision Blizzard Inc.) recently got a raise of his salary from $8 million a year to $33 million a year (not including incentives/stock options/etc.). This ranks him as having the 5th highest salary of all CEOs.
    That's awesome! Good for him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is about to lose all of the longstanding employees. Their concern has been nothing but stocks, and stock options, since the merger.

Good for them... bad for us. I think you'll find a lot of founders cashing in their chips over the next 2-3 years... sooner if stocks take a dip.

Only thing that sucks is most jobs at Blizzard are below average wages for most positions. Yet this guy get's a fat increase in pay.

I made this meme for uses of Activision greed. Enjoy.

Almost $25 million of the $33 million was from stocks he is given as part of a new restructured compensation package.. His actual pay not counting stocks was reduced. Stocks given are performance based. SO what is the issue?

Popular video game maker Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) has detailed a new employment agreement with CEO Bobby Kotick, who has led Activision for 25 years, after Kotick's prior employment agreement from 2012 expired. Kotick is technically getting a reduction in his base salary from $2.4 million per year to $1.75 million per year, effective Jan. 1, 2017. The CEO will be eligible for target annual bonuses that are twice his annual salary, and Kotick could potentially receive over $56 million worth of stock over the next three years if Activision Blizzard is able to meet performance-based operational targets.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...n-package.html
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2017-05-26 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its well deserved. He does a great job and the company has been continuing to have record profits.

If everyone is so mad at Bobby Kotick, then maybe you should vote with your wallets instead of continuing to pay their salaries in the form of buying their games. Obviously a lot of people like and buy the games they produce, so he deserves every penny of his salary. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think its well deserved. He does a great job and the company has been continuing to have record profits.

If everyone is so mad at Bobby Kotick, then maybe you should vote with your wallets instead of continuing to pay their salaries in the form of buying their games. Obviously a lot of people like and buy the games they produce, so he deserves every penny of his salary. Good for him.
    Jaylock is Bobby Kotick confirmed.

I am not naive enough to think that this somehow makes Kotick an evil overlord or something. He is not supposed to care about gamers. He is out to make money just like millions of people out there. It's not good or bad. It's just how it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of my best stocks. The guy has earned it.

Edit
    I bought at ~$11 4 or 5 years ago. The stock is now floating around the mid to high 50s. Pretty fucking happy with the performance.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-05-27 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Wow Jaylock Bobby Worshipetish, who could've seen that combing

Deleted
    Whether or not something like that is deserved or undeserved, the numbers are just insane.

If you put it in context, he made more money in one year, than 10k average people. Yet all of those have to also make a living from it.

Bobby Kotick should explain to all his employees why he needs 25 million more dollars per year and why he needs them to survive even at the risk of bankrupting/firing them

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Not sure why they hate you for Jaylock. That is most legit comment I could have see. Also, it's quite known that people hate success of others because - humans
    Your comment makes no sense, probably because- humans, ' see what I did there?

Hes doing great right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I made this meme for uses of Activision greed. Enjoy.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2iDsOsC.jpg[IMG]
    I am stealing this.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Do you think he deserves to be paid that much?
    Oh, I for one am sure that every single CEO, athlete, actor and musician out there who makes millions totally deserves every single penny that's given to them.

It's irrational, but my hatred for him knows no bounds. He's probably no worse then any other CEO of a big company, but if I could beat him senseless with no repercussions I would not hesitate for one second.