Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Assange: ‘Kushner correct to create channels with everyone’

It's ok though, him and Wikileaks totally aren't Russian allies, if not direct operatives. Nope.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Sunday said he thinks President Trump's adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner was "correct" if he attempted to set up backchannel communication with Russian leadership.

"Kushner correct to create channels with everyone," Assange tweeted Sunday, following reports that Kushner sought to set up a line of communication between the Trump transition team and Moscow.

"CIA has no authority over leadership and is financially motivated to increase conflict."

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/st...25311097618432

The Washington Post reported last week that Kushner in December sought to establish a backchannel line of communication between the Trump transition team and Moscow.

The move came during a meeting with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

The FBI is looking at meetings that Kushner fielded with Kislyak and Russian banking executive Sergey Gorkov in December as part of the law enforcement investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
    After this literally nobody should take anything Assange or Wikileaks says or does as some arbiter of free speech/freedom of information. They're clearly just another arm of the Russian propaganda machine.

I'm still waiting for some negative information about the Republicans/Trump. You know, like Assange said he would release on Bill Maher? Or even Russia.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-05-28 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It's ok though, him and Wikileaks totally aren't Russian allies, if not direct operatives. Nope.

After this literally nobody should take anything Assange or Wikileaks says or does as some arbiter of free speech/freedom of information. They're clearly just another arm of the Russian propaganda machine.
    I doubt he is. What he IS is a grandstanding little man that is incredibly happy sowing discord.

And we invited into our house.

Remind me why anyone should care about the personal opinion of Cockholster No 2?

Yeah, Assange just threw any meager shred of credibility he had out the window with that statement. People don't create secret communications channels unless they're doing things they don't want anyone else to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Remind me why anyone should care about the personal opinion of Cockholster No 2?
    Because one of the two major political parties in the US were trumpeting him as the purveyor of truth and freedom of information, when it seems like he was only using Wikileaks as an arm of Russia to help Trump. Democrats did it as well before this, and were just as stupid for doing so.

Are you people defending CIA? Seriously?

Deleted
    Better than defending a Putin agent like Assange.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Yeah if its a contest between the CIA and Assange, I'll take the CIA 100/100 times.

But you go ahead and defend the Russian propagandist.

The only reason the CIA even got mentioned to begin with was to throw some buzzwords into it. A secret channel with Russia has nothing to do with the CIA; it has to do with the public and the other branches of government. The CIA was probably happy about a "secret channel" they already tapped before Kushner had the thought.

Deleted
    Assange throwing the Trump administration under the bus. L freacking O L.

The only reason the CIA even got mentioned to begin with was to throw some buzzwords into it. A secret channel with Russia has nothing to do with the CIA; it has to do with the public and the other branches of government. The CIA was probably happy about a "secret channel" they already tapped before Kushner had the thought.
    Meh, more partisan blinders, "Enemies at the gates!!! Surveillance of suspected Americans is great if it is against Trump!!! 85% non-compliance with FISA rules?! Perfectly Fine!!! Secret services deciding what should or should not be shared about dealing with other countries?! Yes please!!!".

Keep going then.

...just don't be surprised when Trump will use the same levers against you eventually.

Meh, more partisan blinders, "Enemies at the gates!!! Surveillance of suspected Americans is great if it is against Trump!!! Secret services deciding what should or should not be shared about dealing with other countries?! Yes please!!!".

Keep going then.

...just don't be surprised when Trump will use the same levers against you eventually.
    Do you think anyone believes you aren't so blatantly biased and so past the point of credibility as you list to you? I'm just honestly wondering. What do you get out of still trying to convince people?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Do you think anyone believes you aren't so blatantly biased and so past the point of credibility as you list to you? I'm just honestly wondering. What do you get out of still trying to convince people?
    Why, i like to sow seeds of "i told you so!" early :P

...especially when it is completely obvious what is going to happen once Trump actually consolidates his power.

Meh, more partisan blinders, "Enemies at the gates!!! Surveillance of suspected Americans is great if it is against Trump!!! 85% non-compliance with FISA rules?! Perfectly Fine!!! Secret services deciding what should or should not be shared about dealing with other countries?! Yes please!!!".

Keep going then.

Me stating a secret channel behind the publics, legislative and judicative back is unnecessary is partisan blinders now? Sorry if we hold our democracies accountable and to a higher standard than Russia.

Me stating a secret channel behind the publics, legislative and judicative back is unnecessary is partisan blinders now? Sorry if we hold our democracies accountable and to a higher standard than Russia.
    Why is it unnecessary when it gets done all the freaking time? :/

Remember "more flexibility after elections" from Obama, supposedly "off-record" if it wasn't for hot mic? That's how those channels look like...
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2017-05-28 at 07:47 PM.

Criticising Assange isn't by default defending the CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Criticising Assange isn't by default defending the CIA.
    How about quoting his tweets in full then before criticising them?

Julian Assange‏ @ JulianAssange

Kushner correct to create channels with everyone. CIA has no authority over leadership and is financially motivated to increase conflict.

If we are to ever have peace, Trump should create Office of Leadership Engagement and cut out all bureaucracies that benefit from conflict.

CIA/State has always tried to insert itself between leaders to arbitrage the channel and prevent settlements which would reduce its power.

Over 6,000 WikiLeaks documents on US back channel communications

How about quoting his tweets in full then before criticising them?

Julian Assange‏ @ JulianAssange

Kushner correct to create channels with everyone. CIA has no authority over leadership and is financially motivated to increase conflict.

If we are to ever have peace, Trump should create Office of Leadership Engagement and cut out all bureaucracies that benefit from conflict.

CIA/State has always tried to insert itself between leaders to arbitrage the channel and prevent settlements which would reduce its power.

Over 6,000 WikiLeaks documents on US back channel communications
    Police / FBI / CIA / army / navy etc all benefit from conflict...

The full tweet makes me think you're even more stupid ^_^

In US that's obviously true as they fight for budgets and contractor profits.

Compared to defending Assange? Going to go with the CIA.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it unnecessary when it gets done all the freaking time? :/

Remember "more flexibility after elections" from Obama, supposedly "off-record" if it wasn't for hot mic? That's how those channels look like...
    And nothing he did was illegal, as he was the President of the United States. What Kushner did or tried to do is against the Logan Act. As he wasn't in any capacity of ambassador or tasked by the president to do so. He was a civilian at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

The full tweet makes me think you're even more stupid ^_^
    Well, he is from Russia, and he does spend a lot of time defending Trump and Putin, so I wouldn't put it past him.