Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Oh yes, do unto others before they do unto you, that's what I always say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It is something I strive for. But sometimes my emotions get the better of me.. or.. fuck it.. I need a laugh.

No, I would be lying if I said I did.

I treat some better than others. In some cases, for good reasons, in others just becuase I lack intrest or energy to care about every damn person on the planet.

So if you want your life to be controlled and regulated, you have a moral right to impose the control on the others? That's quite a dubious moral.

Yes, I try to do it.
    I think it is among the most important guidelines (if it's not the most important guideline).

10+ Year Old Account
    Golden Rule...
    That makes me cringe.
    Has brainwashed written all over it.
    Answer therefore.. nope.

I treat people exactly how they deserve to be treated.
    Respect is not a default state. It's instead something to be earned.

Default stance = politeness.
    That's however very fragile. Act accordingly and it remains. Act against it, and it quickly falls off. That simple.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to, but i'm human and I make mistakes.....often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Golden Rule...
    That makes me cringe.
    Answer therefore.. nope.

That's however very fragile. Act accordingly and it remains. Act against it, and it quickly falls off. That simple.
    Haven't seen you for quite some time here. Voluntary or forced forum vacation?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It depends on our first interaction. If you're a jerk to me before we even meet, don't expect good treatment. Otherwise, we're fine.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Even if it means hurting them however in some situations, because actions, with no consequences, leads to chaos. Example; I do not want to shoot someone and or be shot. But if someone breaks into my home, they will be shot, as I should be if I do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Golden Rule...
    That makes me cringe.
    Answer therefore.. nope.

How does it have brainwashed written all over it? I don't see how that is implied by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Many are bringing up the rape outcome as a real threat when solely following the golden rule. But, aside from the fact that you should have other rules which don't allow for this immoral manipulation of the Golden rule, the rule itself protects against rape. You obviously don't want others to sexually violate you, so don't sexually violate others.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thresh1 View Post
    Many are bringing up the rape outcome as a real threat when solely following the golden rule. But, aside from the fact that you should have other rules which don't allow for this immoral manipulation of the Golden rule, the rule itself protects against rape. You obviously don't want others to sexually violate you, so don't sexually violate others.
    Some people do.

And what is sexual violation to some, is business as usual to others.

This is why a rule like that is flawed.

People are different, and you can't assume what other people think.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I follow the 'leave me alone and I'll leave you alone' rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I believe it was Jesus... Soooo yeah...
    Buddha said it earlier. I give strangers a modicum of respect, and being polite doesn't cost me a thing..

Brothers may fight and fell each other, may sisters' sons kinship stain; hard is in the home, whoredom severe; axe-age, sword-age, shields cloven, wind-age, wolf-age, ere the world falls; no men will each other spare.
    -----------------------
    Seems we're already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Some people do.

And what is sexual violation to some, is business as usual to others.

This is why a rule like that is flawed.

People are different, and you can't assume what other people think.
    No. No one wants to be sexually violated by definition. Coercion against someone's will is inherent in sexual violation. You can't rape the willing, lol.

Also, no one lives their life by just one rule. Just about any rule can be manipulated or twisted out of context. That's why there are other rules to keep in check the manipulations of single rules. General empathy toward humans is a good rule.
    Last edited by Thresh1; 2017-05-27 at 03:50 PM.
    Humans are instrinsically valuable by virtue of the kind of thing that we are, a human. We are not valuable because of our size, our stage of development, our degree of dependency, our location, or a function we can immediately perform.

a lot of overthinking it. pretty sure this rule only cover basic politeness. we have written laws for everything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Justice exists only when maintained.

So you could say, you should be the example, if others are not practicing being decent humans.
    Going to be the pessemist, no point being the example if none end up following it. Plus you don't get anything for it in the end since any change that happens as a result won't really be noticeable until after you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Why would I kick someone due to their social status? That makes no sense.

I wouldn't associate with someone who is homeless nor talk to them.
    You are scum. If I ever felt this way I would want people to call me scum. Oh hey I answered the OP too.

I think the majority of people follow this rule, it's just all context. I'd like to be ignored but hope that when I ignore others they don't take offence. For example, I don't want to make conversation in a taxi, or if I go out solo for a pint I don't want one of the drunks to come chatting to me

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    You are scum. If I ever felt this way I would want people to call me scum. Oh hey I answered the OP too.
    How awful that someone doesn't want to hang out with that kind of people, must be awful that not everyone is like you. I'm literally hitler to you people by deciding who to associate with based on their social status.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-28 at 08:13 PM.