https://www.ft.com/content/7edcebea-...6-896b95f30f58

Rumor: Nintendo to produce 18 million units during this fiscal year, which ends March 2018.

Also, warning, paywall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Once again, if you're expecting an AAA Pokemon RPG it's never going to happen.

They're always going to be lower budget handheld style games even when they eventually move onto the Switch. So I guess I "don't know what's so hard to understand?"

Also welcome to gamecube era if you think playing a handheld pokemon game on your TV is revolutionary.
    It is revolutionary when you realize the Colosseum games weren't Pokemon games like the handhelds got. Lack of Pokemon, doubles only, catch other trainer's Pokemon, lack of wild battles (too few in GoD), the shadow Pokemon mechanic, lack of the gym journey, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    It is revolutionary when you realize the Colosseum games weren't Pokemon games like the handhelds got. Lack of Pokemon, doubles only, catch other trainer's Pokemon, lack of wild battles (too few in GoD), the shadow Pokemon mechanic, lack of the gym journey, etc.
    Uhh, I was referring to the GB Player for the gamcube not Colosseum. Not sure how that flew over your head.

Pokemon games are still going to be low budget handheld style Pokemon games regardless when they migrate to the switch. Game Freak trying to make an AAA game would be LULZ worthy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, if you're expecting an AAA Pokemon RPG it's never going to happen.

They're always going to be lower budget handheld style games even when they eventually move onto the Switch. So I guess I "don't know what's so hard to understand?"

Also welcome to gamecube era if you think playing a handheld pokemon game on your TV is revolutionary.
    Hell, the SNES could already do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Definitely still the 3ds version but with higher res textures and models. Looks like a decent looking Ps2 games, or bad ps3 game. Still much more playable than the 240p for the 3ds. Hoping its 60 fps, thought they might keep it 30 to have it at parity with 3ds players during crossplay.
    *Shoves money into monitor*

But real talk:

It's the SAME textures and models from the 3DS one. The 3DS games textures and models are higher resolution than the system can actually display (something most games actually do). So when they put them on a system that CAN display them, it looks like they are possibly "improved" versions. The only thing really improved is they are running at 1080p instead of the 240p of the 3DS.

That alone makes it worthwhile. Noone really plays MH for the graphics. But that said, I hope they do give us one soon that is on a new engine, they've been using this same one for a long time (or at least the same assets). I'd like to see a main MH series title that has graphics more like MH Online (which, is a failure at being a Monster Hunter title, but looks prettier than the normal releases, likely do to running on Unreal 3 engine.)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Uhh, I was referring to the GB Player for the gamcube not Colosseum. Not sure how that flew over your head.

Pokemon games are still going to be low budget handheld style Pokemon games regardless when they migrate to the switch. Game Freak trying to make an AAA game would be LULZ worthy.
    Ah you said Gamecube, my mind went straight to Colosseum games. Completely forgot about the Game Boy Player. My bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Hell, the SNES could already do it.
    And don't forget the N64, the Transfer Pak, and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If they made a new DKC i would be extremely excited. Seems unlikely, but so did a portable console.
    Retro is busy with other projects at the moment. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do another DKC down the line, unless Nintendo has someone else handle it before then.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Retro is busy with other projects at the moment. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do another DKC down the line, unless Nintendo has someone else handle it before then.
    We don't actually know what Retro is busy with outside of speculation.

Yes everything points to Retro working on a new IP but the same could be said about SSM when the PS4 released, low and behold that new IP got scrapped pretty early in dev because Sony told them to get their asses working on a new GoW.

Until something is officially announced from Retro, we don't really know what's going on down there.

I would love to see another DKC get announced simply from the salt it would bring(along with DKC being an amazing franchise and a much better one then Metroid Prime tbh). The only thing I would want to see Retro make more would be a 2D Metroid using their DKC engine.

I would be skeptical of any new IP coming from Retro simply because we have never seen them do it, and with ARMS and Splatoon I'm not sure we even need another new Nintendo IP in the wild right now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-28 at 10:13 PM.

We don't actually know what Retro is busy with outside of speculation.

Yes everything points to Retro working on a new IP but the same could be said about SSM when the PS4 released, low and behold that new IP got scrapped pretty early in dev because Sony told them to get their asses working on a new GoW.

Until something is officially announced from Retro, we don't really know what's going on down there.

I would love to see another DKC get announced simply from the salt it would bring(along with DKC being an amazing franchise and a much better one then Metroid Prime tbh). The only thing I would want to see Retro make more would be a 2D Metroid using their DKC engine.

I would be skeptical of any new IP coming from Retro simply because we have never seen them do it, and with ARMS and Splatoon I'm not sure we even need another new Nintendo IP in the wild right now.
    TBH, I have enough trust in Retro that no matter what project they ARE working on it'll likely be a solid title. Between the MP series and DKC:R series they've done a pretty good job with everything they've worked on.

And while I would prefer a new Metroid title over a DKC title.....DKC always holds a special place for me. I played so much of it on the SNES (I only owned the first one as a kid), it was one of my favorite games on the SNES. And I second wanting a 2D metroid on that engine. A 2D style Metroid with those slick 3D graphics would be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    We probably shouldn't be worried that the switch only sold 25k last week in Japan? Most previous weeks it was around 40-50k. Supply constraint or drop off of interest. Probably the first, but interesting. I think Japan is set for at least a year now though. Now we worry about games for the west. Need Pokemon or something surprising.

- - - Updated - - -

So switch only sold around 300k units in April compared to around 180-250k in Japan. Should they not have shipped more to the US considering its such a big market?

- - - Updated - - -

Switch sales nonetheless were probably closing in on 4m by the end of April and assuredly passed 4m by this point in time. If you break down the numbers, Switch sold what 900k in US, 500k in Japan in first month. Switch has sold around 300k in April in US, and 200k in Japan. Japan and US were around 50% of the worldwide market in launch month, so using those numbers, Switch was around 3.5-4m by end of April. I see the Switch having no problem hitting 5m by the end of June. Wasn't I laughed at for that prediction 2 months back?

- - - Updated - - -

7-8m by September 31st. 10-13m by December 31st. It all depends on wheather they can produce enough, But I easily see Switch reaching 10m by the end of the calendar year.

Actually Japan only selling 25k is a bad sign, not for the sales of the Switch but for Nintendo shipments keeping at pace.

It's still sold out in Japan, yet the numbers have declined every week since launch outside of the MK8 boost and golden week boost.

That means shipments are getting lower, not higher. Which means Nintendo is not meeting demand, which is not a good sign since Japan has the best shipments to market ration on the Switch as a whole.

Also the argument was The Switch reaching 6 mil before July. We don't even know for sure the console is over 4 mil at this point and with the Nintendo shipment decline it's certainly not assured.

Nintendo plans to ship 10 mil in FY17. That means even if they meet their goal and sell every single one of those that's only 12.7 mil sold by March 31st 2018. I will take Nintendo's word over random guy on a message board with a bad track record of ass pulling but that's just me /shrug.

July will be a big boost to the Switch, and August will be another one(in Japan only) after that it's going to be pretty dead until Mario drops and Nintendo shipments will likely be just as dead.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-29 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Japan only selling 25k is a bad sign, not for the sales of the Switch but for Nintendo shipments keeping at pace.

It's still sold out in Japan, yet the numbers have declined every week since launch outside of the MK8 boost and golden week boost.

That means shipments are getting lower, not higher. Which means Nintendo is not meeting demand, which is not a good sign since Japan has the best shipments to market ration on the Switch as a whole.

Also the argument was The Switch reaching 6 mil before July. We don't even know for sure the console is over 4 mil at this point and with the Nintendo shipment decline it's certainly not assured.

Nintendo plans to ship 10 mil in FY17. That means even if they meet their goal and sell every single one of those that's only 12.7 mil sold by March 31st 2018. I will take Nintendo's word over random guy on a message board with a bad track record of ass pulling but that's just me /shrug.

July will be a big boost to the Switch, and August will be another one(in Japan only) after that it's going to be pretty dead until Mario drops and Nintendo shipments will likely be just as dead.
    You do not know that. E3 could change everything. Also, they are probably holding units for Arms and Splatoon now that im thinking about it. Though you cant deny Nintendo is being too conservative still. They could have sold well over 5 or 6m by now if they actually had consoles to sell. Also pretty much every analyst thinks they will sell 14-20m over the next year. Maybe thats a could prediction, but Nintendo really needs to up production. Are all of those numbers made up guesses? Sure, but for all we know Nintendo does plan to ship 15m or more over the next 11 or 12 months but is afraid to say so to investors.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time we talk about anything you try to make me look stupid. Maybe I am, but I do not have time to research everything. Do you? How do you know so much? Are you making stuff up too? So many questions.

Nintendo does plan to ship 15m or more over the next 11 or 12 months but is afraid to say so to investors.
    Nintendo usually is either right on the money or they cut forecasts.

They rarely ever over ship past their estimates. In fact, March going over estimate was largely due to them rushing units to shelves to capitalize on hype not exactly extra units or anything.

And yes, they are absolutely holding back units for their main releases. Which is the reason they won't go much past their estimate. E3 isn't going to change anything there is no major console seller coming between Splatoon 2 and Mario in the west. Will there be games? Yes, but not of that caliber and Nintendo will not ship the same amount of units as they ship for those launches.

August in particular might be dry as hell in the west as they will likely ship 300-400k Switches to Japan, and it's a pretty dead month in NA sales wise. Usually Madden and the Madden Xbox bundle win the chart pretty free. Past the initial Splatoon 2 boost I expect the Switch to be harder to find in August and Sep then it currently is now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-29 at 06:41 AM.

You do not know that. E3 could change everything. Also, they are probably holding units for Arms and Splatoon now that im thinking about it. Though you cant deny Nintendo is being too conservative still. They could have sold well over 5 or 6m by now if they actually had consoles to sell. Also pretty much every analyst thinks they will sell 14-20m over the next year. Maybe thats a could prediction, but Nintendo really needs to up production. Are all of those numbers made up guesses? Sure, but for all we know Nintendo does plan to ship 15m or more over the next 11 or 12 months but is afraid to say so to investors.
    Ill tackle this in order.

1) E3 isn't going to change dick for Nintendo. Unless Nintendo reveals big games that are coming out THIS YEAR that we don't know about already. Hell E3 really doesn't change anything for anyone anymore. Hell I'm impressed E3 is even still around.

2) Nintendo isn't holding unit's. They NEED this system to sell really well, They are not holding units for Arm's or Splatoon. They are trying to get them on shelves ASAP. Holding back systems would just hurt them in sells.

3) How offend are Analyst's wrong even more so when it comes to Nintendo Products.... The answer is a vast amount of the time.

4) Nintendo also planned the Wii-U to sell great, Spoiler it didn't. Also Nintendo can't hide what they plan to do from Investor's. If they plan to ship 15 million unit's the investor's will be the first to know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo usually is either right on the money or they cut forecasts.

They rarely ever over ship past their estimates. In fact, March going over estimate was largely due to them rushing units to shelves to capitalize on hype not exactly extra units or anything.

And yes, they are absolutely holding back units for their main releases. Which is the reason they won't go much past their estimate. E3 isn't going to change anything there is no major console seller coming between Splatoon 2 and Mario in the west. Will there be games? Yes, but not of that caliber and Nintendo will not ship the same amount of units as they ship for those launches.
    Im not willing to bet we wont get something from retro or a Pokemon until its over. You never know. I think Skryim will surprise people with how well it does too. Bethesda would probably be happy with 1m units but I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell 2 or 3m lifetime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ill tackle this in order.

1) E3 isn't going to change dick for Nintendo. Unless Nintendo reveals big games that are coming out THIS YEAR that we don't know about already. Hell E3 really doesn't change anything for anyone anymore. Hell I'm impressed E3 is even still around.

2) Nintendo isn't holding unit's. They NEED this system to sell really well, They are not holding units for Arm's or Splatoon. They are trying to get them on shelves ASAP. Holding back systems would just hurt them in sells.

3) How offend are Analyst's wrong even more so when it comes to Nintendo Products.... The answer is a vast amount of the time.

4) Nintendo also planned the Wii-U to sell great, Spoiler it didn't. Also Nintendo can't hide what they plan to do from Investor's. If they plan to ship 15 million unit's the investor's will be the first to know.
    Aren't holding units, yet more units sold when Mario Kart 8 launched. They shipped a larger shipment for that. They definitely do hold units for holidays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yea, I'll take the bullshit card on this one.

Both NPD and Mediacreate confirm Nintendo shipped a metric fuck ton more Switches with the MK8 launch then they did in every other period outside of launch week.

Nintendo is absolutely holding stock so they can do big shipments on launch weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not willing to bet we wont get something from retro or a Pokemon until its over. You never know. I think Skryim will surprise people with how well it does too. Bethesda would probably be happy with 1m units but I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell 2 or 3m lifetime.
    I stopped reading at Pokemon.

Like I said, it could get games but nothing of the caliber of Zelda, MK, Splatoon and Mario. A retro game is never going to light the world on fire sales wise, their highest selling game of all time is DKCR and it was the Wii's premier holiday game in 2010... Yet it still sold far lower then most big Nintendo franchises did on the Wii.

I doubt a Retro game releases this year, but even if it did Nintendo is not going to treat it like it's a big deal of that caliber, nor will it sell like one.

Retro games scream Feb-May launch periods.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-29 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Both NPD and Mediacreate confirm Nintendo shipped a metric fuck ton more Switches with the MK8 launch then they did in every other period outside of launch week.

Nintendo is absolutely holding stock so they can do big shipments on launch weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped reading at Pokemon.

Like I said, it could get games but nothing of the caliber of Zelda, MK, Splatoon and Mario. A retro game is never going to light the world on fire sales wise, they're largest selling game of all time is DKCR and it was the Wii's premier holiday game in 2010... Yet it still sold far lower then most big Nintendo franchises did on the Wii.

I doubt a Retro game releases this year, but even if it did Nintendo is not going to treat it like it's a big deal of that caliber, nor will it sell like one.
    If Pokken gets ported do I technically get it right lol. IM not saying its coming, just its possible if even 1% likely.

Ya and it cost them much more money to do it as well.

Could they been sitting on unit's for the MK8D release? Ya sure, but I find it highly unlikely they are now.

But then again this is Nintendo, Even if they was it wouldn't surprise me. The rest of my points still stand tho, Even more so the E3 one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

If Pokken gets ported do I technically get it right lol. IM not saying its coming, just its possible if even 1% likely.
    Pokken is a Tekken game with Pokemon skins. Not a Pokemon game with Tekken skins. Most Pokemon fans give a fuck about Pokken and a lot of Pokken players actually don't even care about Pokemon...

That said, it's still not getting ported any time soon. In case you been in the dark the team responsible for Pokken has been working on getting Tekken 7 running on XB1 PC and PS4(launches this week) and will be busy for quite some time with DLC for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokken is a Tekken game with Pokemon skins. Not a Pokemon game with Tekken skins. Most Pokemon fans give a fuck about Pokken and a lot of Pokken players actually don't even care about Pokemon...

That said, it's still not getting ported any time soon. In case you been in the dark the team responsible for Pokken has been working on getting Tekken 7 running on XB1 PC and PS4(launches this week) and will be busy for quite some time with DLC for it.
    No I had no idea actually. Ive not played it, just know that it existed and was a Pokemon fighting game. Not even sure if it sold well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/28...nintendo-fans/

Natsume will have info at E3 which will please Nintendo fans.