PC upgrade - low budget

Hi,

So basically currently I'm using;

Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 651 Quad-Core Processor 3.00 GHz
    Graphic card - AMD Radeon HD 7700
    Mother board - ASRock A75M-HVS
    RAM - 8 gb
    HDD - 500gb

My budget is around 300 EUR. I'm mostly play WoW so no need for the beast PC.

Is it possible to combine current setup + something more powerful?

For 300 Euro you need to choose what you would rather change first since you will not be able to buy whole PC for that much imo. But you could just try to find cheap (used) gtx 970/1060 and use it while you gather more money for mobo/cpu/ram kit.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-05-28 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    300 Euro's is not going to get you much as Alexeht has said. However Wow will benefit more from a better CPU, going for a cheap i5 or a newish Ryzen will show a big difference in performance. But if you intend to play any other games in the future a better GPU will be a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by JManzTech View Post
    300 Euro's is not going to get you much as Alexeht has said. However Wow will benefit more from a better CPU, going for a cheap i5 or a newish Ryzen will show a big difference in performance. But if you intend to play any other games in the future a better GPU will be a good investment.
    It could be the case if his GPU would not be HD 7700. He will gain more performance by buying new GPU first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

You can absolutely get a massive performance increase for 300 euro:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor (€57.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€65.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€43.28 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB StormX Video Card (€114.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €282.01
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-28 14:37 CEST+0200

Would be night and day, easily twice the FPS in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You can absolutely get a massive performance increase for 300 euro:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor (€57.90 @ Caseking)
    Motherboard: MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€65.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€43.28 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Palit - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB StormX Video Card (€114.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €282.01
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-28 14:37 CEST+0200

Would be night and day, easily twice the FPS in WoW.
    Is it possible to fit all this on current motherboard? Or just add new cpu+gpu on current one?

I'm not that good when it comes to the motherboard slots.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    Is it possible to fit all this on current motherboard? Or just add new cpu+gpu on current one?

Nope you need all of that if you want a real upgrade.

You can not use your current Motherboard with an Intel CPU.
    If you mostly play WoW I highly recommend an SSD and a new CPU. The difference is huge.

For a new GPU that isnt too expensive I would buy a used GTX970 off of ebay. They are usually between 120€ and 170€ and it is a solid GPU that will last a couple of years.

Also I would make sure to buy a dual channel kit for memory (2x4GB). Although memory isnt really important, it is faster than a single memory bar.

Dont buy a new graphics card. You wont be able to get anything meaningful for that budget, plus it's WoW, a game that depends heavily on the processor. Also if you end up looking for a new videocard dont get anything from Nvidia until you can afford GTX 1070. It's not worth it atm.

For the build: I would look for a used 4690K/4790K + Z97 board + cooler (something like a 212 EVO) combo. You should have DDR3 so you're not gonna need new RAM this way.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2017-05-28 at 07:35 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

A gtx 1050 is like 3-4x as fast as his 7770, and while WoW does hit a plateu effect after a certain level of GPU the 7770 is below that line. This is before you even take into account the affinity WoW has for nvidia graphics cards.

I wouldnt mess with used parts if you can fit new parts into the budget, which he surely can.

I think Fascinate's build is very good. I would only try to go for 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400Mhz ram with lowest possible latency so you get most of that CPU, other then that system is very well balanced and with added SSD in future should allow you to enjoy in using it. Only other option is to either look for used computers or to wait till you gather more money.
    Last edited by pedja5; 2017-05-28 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the replays. I'm considering to buy Fascinate built.

I checked for other possible builts but this seems most reasonable.

To OP:
    Tbh, I would just save up to about 500 or 600 euro and then make a decision on what to upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    To OP:
    Tbh, I would just save up to about 500 or 600 euro and then make a decision on what to upgrade.
    Is it worth to spend that amount if I'm planning to play WoW?

It's worth it for more than wow, if you're ever inclined to play another game. I've never been under the belief that you only build a computer for one game, that's just my opinion though. If you upgrade for 300 euro though you'll likely be back here in about about year looking for another build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    It's worth it for more than wow, if you're ever inclined to play another game. I've never been under the belief that you only build a computer for one game, that's just my opinion though. If you upgrade for 300 euro though you'll likely be back here in about about year looking for another build.
    Have to agree with that. It's just better to save up little bit and buy something more decent.

You can find a used i5 pc for around that easily if you look.

Anything with that low of a budget new is going to be subpar value/performance wise. Most value purchases are slighly more expensive. Example: GTX 1060 3GB which you can for around 190-200 EUR is over two times faster on average than a GTX 1050/RX 560. Doesnt work that well with processors (i5-7500 which is 190-200 EUR is around 60% faster than a G4560) so as you're only going for WoW you should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You can find a used i5 pc for around that easily if you look.
    Can easily find an i7 aswell in most places.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    I would save a little more. the 4560 has its niche, but thats a lowend budget build with 2/4 thread cpu, I would even venture out to a R5 1400 before a 4560, I mean your talking 60 more for a 4/8 thread cpu that can easily OC to 3.7 GHz on a stock cooler, while Intels IPC is stronger, 4/8 would hold you off for a few more years.

Like others said, you'll be back in a year looking for more.

Again moremana, you have no perspective of price/performance. A 1400 is 170 bucks, a g4560 is 55. His main game being WoW, a 4560 is the ideal recommendation for this budget range. For under 300 dollars it would be a mind blowing upgrade.