Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should concentrate on making skimpy armor for males before making any more for female characters. WoW is sorely lacking in that regard.
    See how great it could be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    A part of the problem with the bigger armors is that they'd simply be to cumbersome to even move in. Likewise if you're going to argue a dragon, I dont see how you're supposed to fight one in either plate armor or bikini. Either way the dragon is twenty times your size. I dont know how that argument could be any worse.
    For wow to be successful, players had to be able to fight dragons and other larger than life bosses, which fits the fantasy better, that these warriors and mages, shaman and paladins got out of bed, threw on a bikini and then went to face Azeroth's largest threats or that they put on full protective plate gear? Historically, knights and warriors did in fact wear plate armour, they did not wear steel bikinis for protection.

That said, I find skimpy armor visually appealing. Not just because its sexy. I find many of WoW's full plate armor to be vastly overblown and kinda goofy looking.

Having options is not a bad thing, and skimpy armor has fit the setting for ages.
    Speaking of ages, wow has a fairly young player base, from at least 10 years old and up, do you really think kids that young need to be exposed to skimpy outfits when they log on to play a fantasy game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You're really desperate to be anti-me right now when you pretend that there's no fact to the statement of some current cultures policing how women cover themselves and those cultures being run by males. Same goes for the west in historically recent times.
    I ain't asking for that. I'm asking for your facts based on your assumption that most people complaining about this are men and most of those men are anti-feminist.

I'm fully aware of the atrocities that women face in the real world. I'm fully aware of those facts. What I'd like to see though are facts based on your statement above.

As a (male) druid, clothes just get in the way when shifting into cat or bear form... Sides, I'm a worgen, I don't need anything more than maybe a loincloth for decency as nature itself protects me :P
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    For wow to be successful, players had to be able to fight dragons and other larger than life bosses, which fits the fantasy better, that these warriors and mages, shaman and paladins got out of bed, threw on a bikini and then went to face Azeroth's largest threats or that they put on full protective plate gear? Historically, knights and warriors did in fact wear plate armour, they did not wear steel bikinis for protection.

Speaking of ages, wow has a fairly young player base, from at least 10 years old and up, do you really think kids that young need to be exposed to skimpy outfits when they log on to play a fantasy game?
    Actually, the medium age for players of WoW in the latest stats they released, was 25-30 or something.

But the "think of the children!!!"-argument never grows old I suppose. I'd be more concerned with the kids having access to the internet than them seeing a revealing set of armor in WoW though if they were my own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I ain't asking for that. I'm asking for your facts based on your assumption that most people complaining about this are men and most of those men are anti-feminist.

I'm fully aware of the atrocities that women face in the real world. I'm fully aware of those facts. What I'd like to see though are facts based on your statement above.
    Those statements fall under the "my own opinion and experience"-folder. You can keep screaming all you like, the facts I brought up have been underlined and were in line with the discussion going on before you came in swinging.

My female belf warrior wheres her slut mog with pride. Close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Woffie View Post
    As a (male) druid, clothes just get in the way when shifting into cat or bear form... Sides, I'm a worgen, I don't need anything more than maybe a loincloth for decency as nature itself protects me :P
    I've seen many male worgens having pretty revealing armor, probably for this same reason.
    Female worgens tend to have their faces covered though... I wonder why?

()

Deleted
    Those statements fall under the "my own opinion and experience"-folder. You can keep screaming all you like, the facts I brought up have been underlined and were in line with the discussion going on before you came in swinging.
    Ah great so because it's opinion based and not based on fact then your bias leans towards sexism. Thanks for clearing that up!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the medium age for players of WoW in the latest stats they released, was 25-30 or something.

But the "think of the children!!!"-argument never grows old I suppose. I'd be more concerned with the kids having access to the internet than them seeing a revealing set of armor in WoW though if they were my own.
    Tbh in the era of plate bikinis and cloth stockings, vanilla, the average age of players was probably lower then what it is now.

Sure there was no transmog, but the vast majority of "exposure" was back then. Now you really really have to go out of your way of normal gameplay to even get some specific slutmog pieces. Back then it was all the content there was, since many slutmogs are dropped in the high 50s and 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Ah great so because it's opinion based and not based on fact then your bias leans towards sexism. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Heh, guess it's sexism to acknowledge that the game has more male players than female, and that by logical conclusion that would mean that most people being up in arms in this thread are male. It's also sexism to experience and see a lot of anti-feminist sentiment on this forum.

I don't think I've ever seen someone be so eager to wear the victim cardigan. But then I don't frequent Tumblr so my pool of specimens might be narrow.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-29 at 05:15 PM.

Historically knights also didnt fight dragons, didn't fight minotaurs, and didn't have to deal with magic.

Also, while yes kids dont exactly need to be exposed to skimpy armor, I would say they also dont need to be exposed to many of the other games themes. Like all the horrible crap the demons are doing in Legion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Tbh in the era of plate bikinis and cloth stockings, vanilla, the average age of players was probably lower then what it is now.

Sure there was no transmog, but the vast majority of "exposure" was back then. Now you really really have to go out of your way of normal gameplay to even get some specific slutmog pieces. Back then it was all the content there was, since many slutmogs are dropped in the high 50s and 60s.
    True, I'd argue more kids were exposed to slutmogs back then than they'd be now. Not sure what the medium age was back then, but I'm willing to bet it was a bit lower.

The fantasy trope has always included skin. When my worgen transforms, where do my clothes go?!

Deleted
    In a world, where frostwolves drop 2 hand axes, armor could also protect if it was skimpy.

It's a fantasy world. Where amazon men and woman with large ears beat the shit out of dragons with the help of their weapons of mass destruction.

Deleted
    Historically, knights and warriors did in fact wear plate armour, they did not wear steel bikinis for protection.
    Historical knights and warriors did not go without head protection, did not have spikes or other big ornaments on their armor that risk transform a glancing blow to a solid hit or act as a lever helpe overturn the knight and add unnecessary weight.

My point is that some male plate armor in wow is atleast as unrealistic as steel bikinis.

do you really think kids that young need to be exposed to skimpy outfits when they log on to play a fantasy game?
    Are you serious? Killing Innocent people in the DK quest is kidd frendly?

Deleted
    Heh, guess it's sexism to acknowledge that the game has more male players than female, and that by logical conclusion that would mean that most people being up in arms in this thread are male.

I don't think I've ever seen someone be so eager to wear the victim cardigan.
    1. You've not provided evidence of the claim that there are more male than female players. While I am inclined to believe you I think the split is a lot closer than you think, as about 50% of gamers in general are female.
    2. The demographic of a fansite isn't going to the the same as the demographic of a game.
    3. The entirety of this doesn't change the fact that you seem to have no problems making sexist statements.

Also, I'm not claiming to be a victim. I just enjoy calling out the bullshit that people spout and watching them attempt to justify themselves.
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2017-05-29 at 05:20 PM.

It's rather boring tbh. It defeats the entire purpose of armor. The only comedic relief I'd get from it is if the person RP's that the armor has been enchanted to attract attacks to whatever little surface the 'armor' has left. That's sortof funny...stupid funny, but hey.

Otherwise it just gives me impression that the person playing such a toon is some horny 'kid' who likes to get off to their pixels a bit too much. Somewhat exempting demon hunters from this, since they lore-wise favor wearing very little armor (defeated by some of their very plate-esque sets...which are more aplenty than their simpler ones), so they can stay mobile and unhindered. Still, if you go out of your way to wear only a pair of panties, I will silently judge you a little bit. Less than other classes, but still.

I won't tell people that I think their toons look utterly retarded/ridiculous/shamelessly bad and an embarrassment to the rest of their class, but I sure as hell will think it...not my place to police anyone in terms of fashion, not my toon or game design, so whatevs in the end...

And most warrior tiers are also not suited for a battleground, whats your point?
    In what way? Most warrior tiers (pretty much all of them in fact) are armored from head to toe. The armors aren't realistic, being way too heavy and having way too many spikes and gaudy ornamental bits for ''real'' armor, but that's not the point, no one wants 100% realistic armor in fantasy. But they look like armor, they're steel plates that cover most of your body, like what a Warrior would want to wear because they need protection in the think of the melee.

At least, stuff like Sonya's armor posted upthread also looks decent. It shows skin, but it's obviously not made for sexyness in mind at all. It's way to emulate the Conan look while looking badass and appropriately savage. I can stomach it even if I wouldn't put that gear on a female warrior myself. The male equivalent would be something like Garrosh's getup, which I'm not overly a fan of but it does convey the look across.

The old platekini that suddenly have half the armor vanish when a female character decides to wear it? That looks awful in my opinion. IDGAF if someone wants to wear it, but I never will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Historical knights and warriors did not go without head protection, did not have spikes or other big ornaments on their armor that risk transform a glancing blow to a solid hit or act as a lever helpe overturn the knight and add unnecessary weight.

My point is that some male plate armor in wow is atleast as unrealistic as steel bikinis.
    As sad as it may sound, I actually like looking at all the armour and weapons and see if any of them could POSSIBLY work in reality and, if not, could they be altered just enough to be functioning properly, and still keep the same design look?

Obviously it's not going very well. ;_:

Deleted
    Well, not being sexist is more requested than being sexist nowadays, obviously. And in special a family MMORPG like WoW seems more suitable to the less sexist approach.

Dont blame me. I am all for skimpyness everywhere ingame, but on the other hand i think it's a large audience blizzard has to cater to, which includes minors and old conservative people, feminists and "SJWs", right wing wannabe-massmurderers and fanatic raiders.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-29 at 05:29 PM.