Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it if other players are 'slutmogging'. You do you.

The closest I'll ever do to a skimpy transmog is a mid-riff exposing chestpiece in some situations (hunter, rogue, etc.). Can't see myself mogging into a plate swimsuit any time soon.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Sexism is physiological because the effects our understanding of sex(and sexual drive) has on our entire nervous system has to reflect itself on our thinking and reasoning. Gender and sexuality are social constructs according to whatever book you didn't refer me to, but it doesn't change anything about the fact that the sexual disire drives our thinking and actions.

Please don't bring up the med-relates scientific base for this to me because I can easily sink your ship by explaining the base physiology of it. Unlike you, I've studied it a few years back.
    Good thing that, as I mentioned, Gender and Sexuality are social constructs, not biologically determined. Biological responses related to them have psychological triggers, and Psychology and Sociology are my zones of confort, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    There are only 2 reasons anyone would have for disliking skimpy outfits.
    1. They are gay and find women unattractive.
    2. They are single and are constantly reminded how much they suck for their inability to get a girl.
    It's stupid to get upset about this. Skimpy outfits are find, as long as it doesn't go too overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Good thing that, as I mentioned, Gender and Sexuality are social constructs, not biologically determined. Biological responses related to them have psychological triggers, and Psychology and Sociology are my zones of confort, friend.
    I'm talking about the medical baseline behind all of it; this baseline determines how someone will behave. We can talk about psychiatry, which is a science that is based on treating and interacting, rather than just theorizing.

In order for something to be wrong with overly sexualized themes being all around us, you need to have a valid point as to what is wrong with it from a scientific and physiological point of view.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-30 at 06:27 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not in the habit of repeating myself this much unless the listener has some form of impairment, such as my half-deaf grandfather.

You see what you said? "Why I think Sylvanas shouldn't show any skin". Not "should", but "shouldn't". As if covering up was not the norm. You, my dear, are part of the problem.

There are several thematic reasons a male character could show skin.

There are several thematic reasons a female character could show skin.

Archimonde displays some of them (Intimidation, Savagery, the Greek model of perfection for arrogance). Sylvanas displays none of them(her main traits are being vengeful, a genius tactician, and amoral)
    I don't like repeating myself either but you clearly have reading comprehension issues which means that I have to.

Covering up isn't the norm in the world of warcraft, you're forgetting the fact that this is a high fantasy fictional world where your views on how women should dress may not apply. You, are part of the problem because you, refuse to accept the fact that a female might want to show off her belly, but you defend a male wearing nothing but underwear.

Also, if you think Sylvanas isn't intimidating then you don't know her very well. She is also an Elf, known for their perfection and beauty in many fictional settings. Based on your own logic, she should be able to wear underwear to battle same as Archimonde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't see how that makes sense. A Cloudwing Hippogryph is "cool" and liking it doesn't come with the prerequisite of being a pathetic virgin dweeb, like slutmogs do. Not sure what's there to discuss. It doesn't seem as if you made sense here.
    You're playing a video game, spending hours on end to obtain items that you think looks cool, many would consider you pathetic and immature for this reason alone.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-05-30 at 06:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    There are only 2 reasons anyone would have for disliking skimpy outfits.
    1. They are gay and find women unattractive..
    That's actually one of the reasons for liking skimpy outfits.
    Newsflash - both men and women can wear revealing clothing, and both male and female characters should have the choice of wearing items that cover up their bodies, or reveal them. Giving us a mix of different-looking armor is never bad, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like skimpy armor as it is simply very shout-y. Much more than a set of matching full plate, even if there are spiny wheels and such. Full deck armour speaks to me that the player is ready for combat, skimpy armour speaks to me that the player wants to only be noticed and is attention seeking which bothers me on some level and i don't like it.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You're playing a video game, spending hours on end to obtain items that you think looks cool, many would consider you pathetic and immature for this reason alone.
    Possibly. The whole slutmog thing however takes it to a whole new level, and it has to do with a lot more things than just the time investment. It just tells so much about one's personality. There's no sense in arguing against it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is what I prefer to look at after login. Not some armored tin can.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    I dont like skimpy armor as it is simply very shout-y. Much more than a set of matching full plate, even if there are spiny wheels and such. Full deck armour speaks to me that the player is ready for combat, skimpy armour speaks to me that the player wants to only be noticed and is attention seeking which bothers me on some level and i don't like it.
    This is a video game which gives you incentive to want to stand out and be noticed.

- PvP prestige rewards.
    - Mage tower artifact weapon appearance.
    - Mythic tier pieces being more visually "cool" and "badass" than Heroic and below.
    - Mythic mounts.

I really don't see how revealing armour is any more attention seeking than someone who tries to go for the "badass" and "cool" look.

I don't like repeating myself either but you clearly have reading comprehension issues which means that I have to.

Covering up isn't the norm in the world of warcraft, you're forgetting the fact that this is a high fantasy fictional world where your views on how women should dress may not apply. You, are part of the problem because you, refuse to accept the fact that a female might want to show off her belly, but you defend a male wearing nothing but underwear.

Also, if you think Sylvanas isn't intimidating then you don't know her very well. She is also an Elf, known for their perfection and beauty in many fictional settings. Based on your own logic, she should be able to wear underwear to battle same as Archimonde.
    Jesus Christ, it's like a brick wall.

"World of Warcraft" isn't real. The writers are very, very real, and live in the same society we do. Shocking, I know.

That means the fictional Azeroth was still made on the same set of values we have. Things were not "developed differently", they're different without being developed naturally.

So no, Sylvanas is not intimidating. No matter how much ruthless and sick shit she pulls off, she's still wearing a bikini. This is just how fictional characters work.

If you're trying to write a militaristic and vengeful amoral sniper

Don't put her in a fucking bikini

Write a village bike like Isabela and put her in a bikini instead

I'm so done with pointing out obvious design flaws resultant of sexism

Okay? Sexism is one problem. Bad design is another. CAUSED by the first problem. So let's not perpetuate the first and we diminish the second.

You'll still get your strippers. They'll just make sense instead.

I'm out
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2017-05-30 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Possibly. The whole slutmog thing however takes it to a whole new level, and it has to do with a lot more things than just the time investment. It just tells so much about one's personality. There's no sense in arguing against it.
    Takes it to a whole new level, for you. I think people who play Male Tauren with some ridiculously oversized weapon and armour says a lot about that persons personality, doesn't mean I don't think less of them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, let it be true, please, let it be true.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

At the same time that I want to have the freedom to make a character look the way I want, like an Orc DH with a mix of plate/mail mogs, I don't want the game to become over-sexualized, where most of the characters are the player's wet dream. It makes me feel like I'm playing some kind of kinky jrpg with a bunch of perverts, not warcraft.
    Mother pus bucket!

Want to win that xmog contest do you ?

Oh look, it's the complete reverse. Are they being consistent now?
    Yes, because that is totally an artistic decision and not because of ESRB ratings, TOTALLY the same thing as making one thing a pair of paints and another thing a thong

Deleted
    Jesus Christ, it's like a brick wall.

"World of Warcraft" isn't real. The writers are very, very real, and live in the same society we do. Shocking, I know.

That means the fictional Azeroth was still made on the same set of values we have. Things were not "developed differently", they're different without being developed naturally.

So no, Sylvanas is not intimidating. No matter how much ruthless and sick shit she pulls off, she's still wearing a bikini. This is just how fictional characters work.

If you're trying to write a militaristic and vengeful amoral sniper

Don't put her in a fucking bikini

Write a village bike like Isabela and put her in a bikini instead

Okay? Sexism is one problem. Bad design is another.

CAUSED by the first problem. So let's not perpetuate the first and we diminish the second.

You'll still get your strippers. They'll just make sense instead.
    Yes, you really are like a brick wall.

Sylvanas is intimidating, do you know anything about her? You think she's some precious flower who needs to be protected? She's an arrogant Elf who thinks highly of herself and less of others, she would kill you and raise you as a forsaken just as easily as Archimonde would take your soul for fuel for their ships. She's not kind and gentle, she's evil and cruel.

Yes, sexism is a problem, and you're part of it. You don't think female characters should show any skin if there is any risk what so ever that they would ever see combat, but you're perfectly fine with Archimonde wearing underwear. I'm done repeating myself to you, seeing as you are incapable of seeing past your own double morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    That's right, when your argument is poor, terrible and inadequate, default to attacking the poster instead. You've made the assumption that people who wear revealing armour fap to their character, mind backing up that claim with any evidence, or are you just projecting your own insecurities on a forum hoping for some sort of affection given to your moral ego?
    I'd rather not see that kind of "evidence", if you know what I mean..... -_-;

10+ Year Old Account
    These prudes definitely should never play Bayonetta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Yes, because that is totally an artistic decision and not because of ESRB ratings, TOTALLY the same thing as making one thing a pair of paints and another thing a thong
    Does it matter? In your example the female variant is more revealing than the male, in my example the male variant is more revealing than the female. You wanted consistency, there you have it.