Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    You know I have people on various online games that log in and proclaim they are wasted on a friday night. I have people in voice chat who feel they need to proclaim what alcoholic beverage will be responsible for wiping us later. I even have people coming in talking about their trendy coffee starbucks drink....

What makes them different then us?

"We get it, you're an alcoholic"
    "We get it, you like coffee"

- - - Updated - - -

Also, all the idiots claiming pot turns people into morons, etc...

How about you take a trip to your local watering hole and drink sodas for a few hours. Watch. Listen.

You will soon find out who the real wretches of society are.
    Long term, heavy pot use does make people lazy, reduce cognitive function, and promotes lethargy. Not only are there multiple studies that show it, I've seen it firsthand many, many times. Luckily, those issues are decreased when someone stops smoking, or significantly reduces their usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Long term, heavy pot use does make people lazy, reduce cognitive function, and promotes lethargy. Not only are there multiple studies that show it, I've seen it firsthand many, many times. Luckily, those issues are decreased when someone stops smoking, or significantly reduces their usage.
    Could you also outline the long term effects of alcohol abuse?
    Becsuse I bet being lazy pales in comparison...

This is the hypocrisy. Coffee has harmful effects, so does sugar (especially long term), so does booze

Why is it that out of all the harmful vices, the least harmful is made illegal? Why are its users made to feel such shame while alcoholics beat their wives and start fights?

This is from me typing into google "Long term alcohol effects"
    I didn't click the "view more"

Disrupts normal brain development;
    Liver damage and cirrhosis of the liver;
    Brain cells die, decreasing brain mass;
    Stomach and intestinal ulcers and destroyed organs;
    Blood pressure increases, causing heart disease, heart attack, or stroke;
    Male sperm production decreases

Not to mention that unlike pot, alcohol develops a CHEMICAL ADDICTION that will flat out kill you.

The effects of a tolerance break from pot usually amounts to, "Bummer man... bummer...."

Edit: I also like that apparently if pot smokers stop or reduce their usage, the negative effects stop.

It is almost like pot smokers might want to think about taking breaks every so often. A "Tolerance Break" if you will.

OH FUCKING WAIT--
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-05-30 at 01:33 PM.

I also hate people like this who make themselves high and mighty becuse "They won't smoke anything!"
    I'm sure they don't give a shit about your hate.
    I don't put anything in my lungs that isn't clean air...or as clean as it can get...
    Also, all the idiots claiming pot turns people into morons, etc... How about you take a trip to your local watering hole and drink sodas for a few hours. Watch. Listen. You will soon find out who the real wretches of society are.
    The wretches are those that can't find a job because drug tests are a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    all things in moderation.

if you want to smoke like it's going out of fashion, sure, you'll be a lazy ass good for nothing stoner.

smoke in moderation and you can live a full and active life without any of the drawbacks. smoke responsibly, live responsibly.

much like alcohol, drink responsibly, live responsibly. drink like and asshole, become an asshole.
    <insert witty signature here>

Could you also outline the long term effects of alcohol abuse?
    Becsuse I bet being lazy pales in comparison...

This is the hypocrisy. Coffee has harmful effects, so does sugar (especially long term), so does booze

Why is it that out of all the harmful vices, the least harmful is made illegal?
    I don't think any of them should be illegal. I want to legalize all drugs. I just don't happen to want to smoke pot, and have had a great deal of experience with potheads earlier in life. Most of my friends smoked pot, and they seemed to smoke far too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    all things in moderation.

if you want to smoke like it's going out of fashion, sure, you'll be a lazy ass good for nothing stoner.

smoke in moderation and you can live a full and active life without any of the drawbacks. smoke responsibly, live responsibly.

much like alcohol, drink responsibly, live responsibly. drink like and asshole, become an asshole.
    I agree, there's plenty of people who drink and smoke, and it does not have any negative impacts on their lives.

As long as you still do your job, I couldn't care less if you enjoy drinking wine or beer or smoke tobaco or cannabis. Just be careful with your health, don't overdo it.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I couldn't care less about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm sure they don't give a shit about your hate.
    I don't put anything in my lungs that isn't clean air...or as clean as it can get...
    The wretches are those that can't find a job because drug tests are a thing...
    ACTUALLY, friend, those sorts of rules are usually only enforced in your backwards nation.

In fact in my country, someone who was fired for pot on the job recenly won a court case he brought up. I think the judge ruled that smoking pot on the job is not condoned, but not grounds to be fired. It might be a rare case but I remember seeing it.

Obviously this isn't an invitation to behave that way BUT compared to America where you apparently have to piss in a cup after the interview... well...
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-05-30 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think they're idiots destroying their lungs, but it's none of my business, it should be legal.
    Cannabis destroys your lungs? Where did you read that? Between the flat earth study articles?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Cannabis destroys your lungs? Where did you read that? Between the flat earth study articles?
    If he ever tries it maybe he should go the suppository route, which apparently gets you blasted.

ACTUALLY, friend, those sorts of rules are usually only enforced in your backwards nation. In fact in my country, someone who was fired for pot on the job recenly won a court case he brought up. I think the judge ruled that smoking pot on the job is not condoned, but not grounds to be fired. It might be a rare case but I remember seeing it.
    And just what country do you live in where liability isn't an issue...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What's your opinion on people who smoke Marijuana?
    Do you avoid them, despise them, indifferent to you?

If you smoke, share your stories, if you have any.

If you don't smoke, tell us what you think.
    How do you feel about people who drink alcohol?

I feel the same about smokers as I do drinkers. Just be responsible, and have fun.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's their choice. I don't have any issues with them, unless they're not productive members of society.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been smoking weed since I was about 17 years old. I am now 36. So for nearly 20 years I have been a habitual smoker. I have a full time corporate job with amazing benefits, my own place with my g/f, A newer car, and all the creature comforts I need.

I am a responsible, productive member of society. I also have many hobbies that get me out of the house and active in social groups.

By all of that, you'd never guess when meeting me that I smoke weed, but I do, a lot. Im not dumb or dirty or lazy. I am just like anyone else you would meet.

Also, as someone with almost 20 years of experience, I can say with absolute certainty that alcohol is WAY more dangerous than weed.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not an authoritarian who hates personal liberty and insists on controlling every aspect of someones life. So I don't give a shit what people ingest into their body.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-05-30 at 02:17 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont care if people do it on their own time, but i just cant stand people on voice coms talking about it or doing it with a open mic and all we hear is the sound of the bong bubbling. i REALLY hate when the person doing it cant even put the bong down for 15 minutes to complete a game(this is about when i was playing in a EA Sports NHL League and 1 player on my team literally would not put the bong down to play the game until it was finished. and it takes roughly 15-20 minutes to complete a game)

If they are responsible while doing so, I have no issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The smoke from cannabis is damaging but you don't generally inhale as much as you would as a regular smoker. Joint or two worth a day compared to a pack a day smoker. The tar is the real culprit in lung damage and so long as there is smoke (combustion) entering your lungs then tar is being left behind. Now whether its cancer causing is a whole other issue that I'm not familiar with but cannabis smoke is not consequence free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The smoke from cannabis is damaging but you don't generally inhale as much as you would as a regular smoker. Joint or two worth a day compared to a pack a day smoker. The tar is the real culprit in lung damage and so long as there is smoke (combustion) entering your lungs then tar is being left behind. Now whether its cancer causing is a whole other issue that I'm not familiar with but cannabis smoke is not consequence free.
    This is correct. I even tried to move to a dry herb vaporizer, but it wasn't without the same residue. Although there is a lot less, it was still there. The best way to go currently is liquid vapor, edible, or in the form of a tea.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    You smoke less, but you typically hold it in your lungs longer allowing for more absorption.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)