Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    To each their own i guess lol, I hated GW2. Biggest waste of money ever for me, thought it would be more like one with better graphics and it was a huge let down.
    I knew what I was getting into with GW2 and that's why I got it in the first place. I also liked GW1 but not as much.

I prefer rich experiences that add to the sense of immersion and world-building versus an extensive overlay of game features. That's why I liked Vanilla WoW over BC or WotLK ultimately, despite the latter two being arguably superior; all the while preferring Legion to just about every expansion post Vanilla.

When it comes to one-off experiences for a quick fix I tend to lean more towards shooters like Overwatch. I'd rather MMOs lean towards their RPG roots and be something I get on when I want to delve deep into something for several hours at a time.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2017-05-30 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Just a quick consideration that no matter what they do, how good an expansion can be, there is always something BIG that kinda screws up everything.

Legion has a ton of good things. And then you see that this expansion is a total grindfest , repeating the same shit over and over taking up ALOT of time for nor eason and no fun really.
    And then they come up with artifact weapons, They have awsome art and stories, too bad you cannot fkign switch spec because guess what, you have to grind like a motherfucker all over again for that spec.
    I don't know when this idea started but burns out people very quickly, especially those who do'nt have time for this shit. Remember the days when you log into WoW and YOU DECIDED WHAT TO DO?!?. Yeah it Was long time ago. Cataclysm to be precise.

Pandaria Had an avalanche of daily quests to do rep and shit, WoD well.. was terrible and turned WoW into Farmville. Legion now is the grand master of grinds.

I'm not complaining for no reason, because it just do not udnerstand the logic here. IT GOES AGAINST EVEN WHAT THEY SAY!!!

Remember when in WoD they removed flying immediatly and they wanted you to feel more part of the world and go from point a to point B etc?? Well, then tell how the fuck you go against everything you jsut said by forcing up to stay in garrisons and have eveyrthing there?!?!?

Same story with legion. The fact that they removed the limit of the double spec and gave you free acces to all your spec made you think they wanted you to feel free about what you play, right?? But no. Let's force you into one spec until legion end becasue of fking AP.

So what's the problem with Blizz brain?? they cannot think straight apparently, and i'm sad to see that over the years, no matter how hard they try for an expansion there is always something fking up the entire thing.
    On one hand I respect them for trying new things each expac, but on the other, you're right, there is always one big mechanic that really puts me off.

this expansion is a total grindfest , repeating the same shit over and over taking up ALOT of time for nor eason and no fun really.
    When was the game EVER NOT this? That is what wow is. Totally confused as to what game you were playing. What was your expansion of choice?

One thing that Blizzard tends to do is throwing out baby along with the bathwater. I understand they want to make each new xpac fresh, but there are always some really awesome systems they have in prior xpacs. Example in MoP with rep and how all of that worked. Why didn't they keep that?

It's things like these where I think Blizzard's really over thinks certain system which really don't need to.

Deleted
    i dunno What game ARE YOU playing instead. Wow always had elements of grind, but were never exponential like this and were never so mcuh influencing you character power. If you want to be decent in a normal raiding guild you have to do all the stuff i mentioned jsut to stay relevant with others.

Things got worse and worse from pandaria onwards

i dunno What game ARE YOU playing instead. Wow always had elements of grind, but were never exponential like this and were never so mcuh influencing you character power. If you want to be decent in a normal raiding guild you have to do all the stuff i mentioned jsut to stay relevant with others.

Things got worse and worse from pandaria onwards
    I'll assume this was to me. What you're seeing is where Blizzard is going from here on out, exponential and never able to reach 100%. You say it's because they haven't learned from mistakes, I say it's this way exactly because they learned from their mistakes. Say goodbye to the game you loved. It's gone forever. I wish you luck on finding your new game.

Deleted
    Guess they gonna say goodbye to half theyr customers then, couse i can garantee you, this thing will get old VERY FAST

ITT: People still surprised that the entirety of the MMO genre is effectively pay-to-play time wasting in TYOOL 2017.

Also- even the higher end mythic people don't give a shit about putting points into convergence.

Guess they gonna say goodbye to half theyr customers then, couse i can garantee you, this thing will get old VERY FAST

Because your OP wasn't hyperbolic enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Here are my thoughts on the OP:

1. AP after Concordance is pointless
    2. At AK40, getting Concordance on all weapons will be super easy since you can LFR all the previous content and should only take a week or two of not even grinding, but just playing existing content once.

A bigger concern would be bis legendaries for switching specs, or different secondary stat itemization on gear, but it seems like Blizz may have a plan for the legos.
    Is not that pointles as you think 3 level above and you get almost 1k more prock it doenst look much but still is close enough to force you to keep going atleast to 55 before ToS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phailox View Post
    TBc released 16 dungeons, 9 raids with 49 bosses over 15 months.
    Wrath released 16 dungeons, 8 Raids with 53 bosses over 15 months (not counting ruby sanctum)
    cata released 14 dungeons, 6 Raids with 30 bosses over 12 months
    MoP released 9 dungeons, 6 Raids with 34 bosses over 13 months
    Wod released 8 dungeons, 4 Raids with 34 bosses over 8 months.

And now to legion, with ToS included:
    12 dungs, 4 raids 29 bosses, released over 10months.

Not to mention that retarded gear inflation makes older raids in legion redundant. So we actually only have 1 raid available at a time. tfw nighthold on 3 different difficulties and mythic 10's spam for 6 months. m-muh content.
    don't confuse repetition with "content".

And how is lock vs mage, any less distinct?
    THey're both casters, they cast spells sure. But in the past locks could do stuff mages couldnt, and mages could do stuff locks couldnt do. That isnt rly true anymore is it.

not to mention wow has lost half its gameplay over the years, namely pvp. which is garbage atm.
    Please calculate dungeons properly. We have more unique dungeons now than ever in the past, back then it was a lot of dungeons, but they mostly looked the same (Shadow labs, Mana tombs, Crypts).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    People who don't like legion will never be happy, it's objectively the best expansion they've made since wrath
    This right here .... is freaking hilarious! As if wrath was a good expac lol. Wrath was the beginning of the decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It's not a 10+ yo game. We aren't playing Halo1. The game is refreshed with every expansion. We're essentially playing WoW 5 with persistent characters. I think you know that.
    Do you understand how game engines work? WoW is running on the same engine created in 2003 or earlier. Blizzard didn't have the luxury of starting over every few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Please calculate dungeons properly. We have more unique dungeons now than ever in the past, back then it was a lot of dungeons, but they mostly looked the same (Shadow labs, Mana tombs, Crypts).
    Same in wrath, with azol and nexus, frozen halls.
    But i dont remember it as bad in any way. Maybe because i didnt run shadow labs, tombs and crypts 300 times. Like we've done with 3 different dungeons in legion.
    Either way, while they may have looked like each other, they were still different. I'd rather run 5 dungs that look alike 10 times, than i'd run 1 dungeon 50 times. but ey thats just me.

he fact that they removed the limit of the double spec and gave you free acces to all your spec made you think they wanted you to feel free about what you play, right?? But no. Let's force you into one spec until legion end becasue of fking AP.
    I completely agree, until about 2 weeks ago. Concordance is such a non-issue, minor power gain that AP basically doesn't matter. By AK 40 (next week) everyone will be able to have at least 2 specs up to concordance 1. After that the power gain from ap is so minor its very very close to not mattering.
    Like you get ap, you throw it into concordance, long term it has a minor effect, but its small. Your alt spec with 1 point into concordance is maybe .25% weaker than your main spec with 5 points in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is sure: Blizzard never learns from mistakes
    Your right, They keep trying to make the game better by listening to the toxic playerbase. Why would you ever make changes to your game based off someone who has no idea on how to make a game? Talk about that logic.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    A bigger concern would be bis legendaries for switching specs, or different secondary stat itemization on gear, but it seems like Blizz may have a plan for the legos.
    Really? What have I missed?

Deleted
    Just a quick consideration that no matter what they do, how good an expansion can be, there is always something BIG that kinda screws up everything.

Legion has a ton of good things. And then you see that this expansion is a total grindfest , repeating the same shit over and over taking up ALOT of time for nor eason and no fun really.
    And then they come up with artifact weapons, They have awsome art and stories, too bad you cannot fkign switch spec because guess what, you have to grind like a motherfucker all over again for that spec.
    I don't know when this idea started but burns out people very quickly, especially those who do'nt have time for this shit. Remember the days when you log into WoW and YOU DECIDED WHAT TO DO?!?. Yeah it Was long time ago. Cataclysm to be precise.

Pandaria Had an avalanche of daily quests to do rep and shit, WoD well.. was terrible and turned WoW into Farmville. Legion now is the grand master of grinds.

I'm not complaining for no reason, because it just do not udnerstand the logic here. IT GOES AGAINST EVEN WHAT THEY SAY!!!

Remember when in WoD they removed flying immediatly and they wanted you to feel more part of the world and go from point a to point B etc?? Well, then tell how the fuck you go against everything you jsut said by forcing up to stay in garrisons and have eveyrthing there?!?!?

Same story with legion. The fact that they removed the limit of the double spec and gave you free acces to all your spec made you think they wanted you to feel free about what you play, right?? But no. Let's force you into one spec until legion end becasue of fking AP.

So what's the problem with Blizz brain?? they cannot think straight apparently, and i'm sad to see that over the years, no matter how hard they try for an expansion there is always something fking up the entire thing.
    You mean doing nothing and unsubbing because of the lack of things to do? Like in Shitlords?

Daily quests in Pandaria? Fun for 1 month and then?

In Legion there is ALWAYS something to do. This is exactly how it's supposed to be.

As for the rest of your nonsensical rant: No matter what they do people are going to find something to be upset about. Always.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2017-05-30 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    yeah nosnensical rant. sure. Got ell that to be thousands of player that have to go to a daily routine of grind just to keep up with the others. YOu may have no work or no life i don't know.
    Also if you find world quests repeated infinetly remotely a fun thing to do you has serious mental problems

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    the sub numbers speak for themselves, clearly wow was doing something right back then
    It's more like, they didn't go down, they didn't go up either, in the 1+ year ICC patch. Wrath was the stop of the growth.

Also the Annual pass thing kept many people subbed for a year after that.

I disagree. They didn't make another Classic/TBC. Game has evolved each step of the way, for better (MoP), or for worse (WoD). Some "mistakes" are repeated due to good intentions but back execution, i.e. content droughts. I doubt Blizzard ever had droughts maliciously, they likely just sort of happened. But a lot of big mistakes, imo, were fixed (especially design mistakes, like attunements, Classic/TBC rep grinds, Classic/TBC quest design, Classic/TBC zone design, random legendaries off of the final boss of the xpac, cross-gearing, restriction to one spec, etc).

(Naturally these are just my opinions and it's totally fine to disagree with me...)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis