Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I find this interesting the whinging and QQing going on about this.. I wonder how many of those whinging know that Blizz have done this sort of thing before as far back as Burning Crusade and possibly even vanilla.. I often wonder about some people and their need to vent, I like it to be as painless as possible, and by that get it over and done with and don't have to worry about it after..

There is a saying "that patience is a virtue" which by this thread is sorely lacking, another is "life is short" and worry about this too much and you may end up six feet under before your time..
    The problem is that they pulled off this kind of thing quite well with Insurrection, so expectations are obviously higher for future ones, and the Legionfall campaign is a massive downgrade compared to Insurrection.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I expected the last two to have some sort of story again perhaps... Since the last two weren't datamined unlike the others... But nope, still an awful quest...
    Better than sitting around for 11 weeks picking ones nose I suppose.. This is the thing people want their uber cool class mount but can't be assed putting just even a shred of effort into doing it even if that effort is mundane to them..

So what who cares, get them done don't have to worry about it ever again.. Or they could have you collect 50 piles of demon dung what would you prefer?
    Take a look at literally any chapter of Insurrection, then come up with an equivalent sort of thing for Broken Shore and do that instead of the 3 follower mission crap. Spoiler: Insurrection chapters had a bit of story(maybe 2-3 sets of quests) and then sometimes a filler quest afterwards to kill a bit of time until next week. Legionfall cut out that bit of story and only has the filler.

- - - Updated - - -

I think somehow the ones complaining hard are probably the type that want it all done for them and they don't have to do anything..
    Except the main complaint is that there's too little to do regarding these quests, not that people don't want to do anything.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-05-30 at 08:14 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The problem is that they pulled off this kind of thing quite well with Insurrection, so expectations are obviously higher for future ones, and the Legionfall campaign is a massive downgrade compared to Insurrection.
    Maybe they might have the awesome part in the raid itself, have the lead up be so so and then spring a big surprise on everyone.. Will have to wait and see if that holds true or not, either way the 11 weeks will be over soon and we don't have to worry about it anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by SpookySkeleton View Post
    Please, blizzard,
    I die a little inside every time I see someone addressing Blizzard on mmo forums.

Better than sitting around for 11 weeks picking ones nose I suppose.. This is the thing people want their uber cool class mount but can't be assed putting just even a shred of effort into doing it even if that effort is mundane to them..
    How did you get that out of people wanting more to do in the quests?

MoP did it way better with Isle of Thunder and even Timeless Isle was way better.

Blizzard going back to that excellent WoD quality with this Broken Shore shit. May as well just expect crap like this to be the new norm.

But hey I unsubbed til Tomb release so there's no better way of showing how I feel than that tbh.

Maybe they might have the awesome part in the raid itself, have the lead up be so so and then spring a big surprise on everyone.. Will have to wait and see if that holds true or not, either way the 11 weeks will be over soon and we don't have to worry about it anymore..
    No idea what caused you to have that much faith in Blizzard with how the past 3-4 years have been in terms of content.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I normally defend Blizzard, but I do not understand what the hell they were thinking with the Legionfall campaign. I know what their excuse was, but it doesn't make any sense because even the story quests were so light at the start. I'm guessing they ran out of time to do Insurrection 2.0 - and that's ok, just don't replace it with short pointless busywork.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not angry about the campaign / Broken Shore, just disappointed. It's not like I haven't still felt compelled to login and play pretty much daily. I still really like the world quest / emissary system and greatly prefer it to the old Daily Quest / Bonus Objective / Rep Grind systems of past expansions.

Despite its flaws, it's certainly a lot better than the Isle of Quel'danas, for example, or the Argent Tournament. It however fails to live up to the Molten Front, Landfall Campaign, and the Nightfallen Campaign. I also think the Broken Shore itself is inferior to the Timeless Isle and Tanaan Jungle, which had more frequent and more interesting events that made them more fun places (IMO) to spend time. Better rewards, too -- mount drops and toys and such that gave you a reason to fight the various minibosses and do the various events as they spawned in.

What really disappointed me about it is that they didn't need to do that much to make it good, or at least decent enough to remain compelling.

Instead of a single filler quest each week, they just needed to do what they did with Suramar and give a short little questline each week with a little bit of writing, to make it feel like real progress is being made. A bit less "kill 50 demons" and a bit more "travel to the Broken Valley and rescue so and so from the Legion jailers!" or "oh no, the Legion has attacked Illidari Stand in Azsuna, go with Illidan to help the demon hunters!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    How did you get that out of people wanting more to do in the quests?
    Was more a case of them not wanting to do them in the first place, I remember at the start of all this lead up business people were QQing that they had to wait 11 weeks to get their mounts and the raid to open..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No idea what caused you to have that much faith in Blizzard with how the past 3-4 years have been in terms of content.
    I just don't worry about it because well 1: It is only a game and 2: Life is too short to worry about things like this.. In other words I don't really care I just get it out of the way and be done with it..

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how this thread was made for venting, yet nerds still feel the need to rush in and defend blizzard.

They admitted to us, flat out, that parts of this campaign were just filler. Just empty bullshit to extend the time gate for yet another week. How is that an okay practice?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    I hate how this thread was made for venting, yet nerds still feel the need to rush in and defend blizzard.

They admitted to us, flat out, that parts of this campaign were just filler. Just empty bullshit to extend the time gate for yet another week. How is that an okay practice?
    And yet we all knew at the start that it was going to be an 11 week lead up.. If what we came away from WoD with is that it could have been a lot worse..

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Even after Blizzard said it was a pile of wank. Unbelievable!

It is pretty much Legion in a nut shell. Do the same thing you do anyways again and again and again. Unless Argus is mindblowing then Legion could rate lower than WoD by the end imho.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet we all knew at the start that it was going to be an 11 week lead up.. If what we came away from WoD with is that it could have been a lot worse..
    Patch 7.2: It could have been a lot worse.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookySkeleton View Post
    Complaining about too much content is ridiculous. Professions are becoming more and more useless, and AP farming is a waste of time with the way artifact knowledge works. You don't need to generalize me with a group of people you have lumped together which otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Please reconsider
    Just saying that it would've been way to fast to unleash the tomb raid right when 7.2 hit live like you were suggesting.
    Nighthold would feel useless realy fast, and to be honest it's realy fine how they are planning this with Tomd. You think otherwise, well go make your complain at the officials. Here you just look like many other created qq threads, maybe it's the name of your thread or the way you try to tell us idk.
    So please reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Get over it, would you rather have 0 to do while waiting for tomb to come out?
    Yes, actually. All this shit is now is a time gate for me to get my class mounts on my alts lol. It wasn't even fun or engaging at all. Would you rather rub your face in shit for 11 weeks or rub your face in nothing for 11 weeks? I think I'd choose nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm not angry about the campaign / Broken Shore, just disappointed."
    I'm disappointed from the aspect of my main and furious from the aspect of my alts. Like I gotta do a 15 part campaign for all 12 classes to get the super cool class mounts? Fuck me I guess.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be completely honest.. as someone who was very busy these past few weeks.. I didn't mind the quests. They fit right into my VERY casual schedule.

But, as someone who's also working in the industry, this feels like a VERY cheap way of sticking to the "but we gave you content"-mantra. It's pretty stupid. Almost all quests seemed like they were made up by interns.

But..... maybe they have a reason for it. Maybe this is a B-team working on it and the A-team is working on the new expansion or some awesome new content like Argus... who knows.
    Or, maybe the mount quest is actually pretty sweet.

I think it's silly, but life is too cool to worry about these things

It's not even rage. I don't get tilted at anything Blizz does in this game anymore and to be honest this entire thing reminds me of Bart Simpson and the "At Least You Tried" cake.

I still maintain this is a 6.1 (SELFIE CAM AND TWITTER INTEGRATION IS A CONTENT PATCH DOODS) situation where if they wouldn't have been so quick to suck their own dicks and call this "THE BIGGEST WOW PATCH EVER" people wouldn't give them half as much shit as they get for all this Legionfall stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Pretty much this. While the quests sucked (even blizzard was like "yeah sorry, we know they suck") they weren't hard, and something to do is better than just not logging into for two months until ToS comes out.
    Basically NO one is saying the quests were hard. Some were annoying (the chests, since they could disappear), but it's not that they're HARD it's that they're very simple, seem like make-work and have no flow or connection. I mean, Khadgar needs a shard... why? What becomes of that and how does it help the campaign?

AS for "something to do is better than just not logging into for two months until ToS comes out" that's the ONLY reason these exist. To keep you paying.