Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree with the sentiment of many that this should have been part of a Class Order Questline or something..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Yes, it is confirmed. Here's the link to the post on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...11706799882240

It's absolutely ridiculous. I despise this legendary system. And putting such powerful items behind it further angers people.

They KNOW that a lot of the playerbase don't like the system, yet they double down on it so much? Why? This worries me.
    Because they're bankrupt on ideas it's pretty obvious looking at the broken shore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Nothing is "confirmed". They are still effectively placeholder items on the PTR and probably won'teven be obtainable until 7.3

I'd reallylike there to be an earnable legendary, one of the things I hate about the damn things is that they drop at random from very low level content. Just churning Broken Shore dailies seems one of the best sources, when you turn in and get the Legion recompense.

Making them earnable, and allowing a third legendary but having the rings not count towards the two unique slots, would be fine.
    If you do your weekly EN/TOV/NH normal+heroic runs, you are almost guaranteed a legendary every 2 weeks.

At least it has been like that for me and many others, just play, don't think, you'll get all of them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Legion is 9 months of Damage Control so far.

Now I still play it and not hating on it. (just to keep out the "why dont you go away and play something else?")

I actually have slowed down a bit before 7.2.5, not doing WQ for a few days now, I did 9000 in 8 months :P

Really hope 8.0 is a completely new concept instead of Legion 2.0.
    I have been playing up to this point and over the memorial weekend I finally had some time to spend several solid hours straight in game without interruptions. I realized all I was doing was WQ, Emissary quests, and mythics on several toons just at a chance for RNG gods to shine down upon me. At this point I suddenly became aware I was not having fun anymore. I was doing this treadmill grind at a slim chance in hell of getting the correct legendary I needed for the given toon. I wa slike why I am going through these motions.

It is not worth it. There is a chance of a payoff, but even then is the juice going to be worth the squeeze if I get the juice?
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Yes, it is confirmed. Here's the link to the post on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...11706799882240

It's absolutely ridiculous. I despise this legendary system. And putting such powerful items behind it further angers people.

They KNOW that a lot of the playerbase don't like the system, yet they double down on it so much? Why? This worries me.
    Yeah, I am not a fan of rngaries either. I do like the idea of them giving you an extra talent or boosting one though.

I didn't really like the quest for a legendary model either though or the completely random drop off a boss legendary.

So, I have yet to see a legendary system I like unfortunately and I can't even think off a good one.

The problem is: how do you make the item still feel legendary, yet it is still balanced (gameplay wise) and it is possible for most players to get/ experience and if you don't get one- you are still completely viable.

That is a tough one.........

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So... you think you catched up with that?! O.o

You are still behind the curve by quite alot.
    I mean if he's gathered that much in only 2 weeks and his AK is still increasing, it's a pretty good catch up mechanic compared to any previous expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    true, except there's new legendaries in the loot tables outside of the rings.
    That's true too. It's more time we're battling with at this point than RNG.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I'm a little ticked because I've been trying to get the Execute ring for my warrior, and now do I not only have to worry about getting that stupid fucking Sephuz ring, but now this new ring as well...
    i been trying for the heroic leap shoulders and those 2 rings are the last 2 other then the shoulders i want
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    1) If it takes you an hour for daily quests per character you should really spend some time learning how to play. I figure you are exaggerating to try to win your argument, but it really shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

2) I have a number of characters I hardly play at all that I can easily raid with. You're talking about heroics and normals in the 'good old days' and acting like you can't do the equivalent now. 42 traits is plenty to run full clear heroic NH unless you're really bad, so I have no idea what you're complaining about in this regard. I have characters that I've done maybe a third of the dailies on since 7.2 launched and they're all 45+ traits. Just because some dumbass wants 52+ to join their stupid normal NH PUG doesn't mean you actually need that to crush the content easily. But I don't think PUG requirements have ever been rational, so that's nothing new ... I remember that kind of thing going back to MC.
    1) It usually does. I dunno maybe I'm slow. I don't group up for them ever and maybe that slows me down significantly. I'm talking about every single Broken Shore quest and emissary for the day. I didn't think people were finishing 10-12 WQs in less than an hour though. Maybe emissary but the Broken Shore usually gives you more caches than that.

2) Of course I'm talking about pugging mainly and I guess this problem might just be inflated in my mind since my main is 913 item level. I guess I expect that the item level from all the raids are inflated because of the stupid titanforge system. The problem though is that nobody would take you in gear less than what is possible to clear M NH. The first guilds killed it in 904 so I doubt anybody would take any alt less than that item level even though that's obviously excessively high especially with the new traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, now I just have to pray for two specific Legendaries instead of just one for my Havoc Demon Hunter alt to be able to enjoy him properly. If I recall they are both rings too, intense!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected it, but it still sucks. Blizzard keeps people subbed by keeping them chasing orange items. Whether or not it pays off in the long run is still yet to be seen. I've never seen so many people burn out in the first tier of an expac. I don't think most people are used to a WoW with this style of grind.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The whole 'impossible to catch up' thing is exaggerated. I've been back two weeks and have all 3 of my DK's weapons at item level 900 with 35 traits on two and 42 on another. It's not hard to achieve at all, and if anything, there's a load of artifact power available for the taking.
    You are not cought up until:

- You reach 52 traits on all weapons
    - You get your BiS legendaries on all specs

That'll take you another good time, I'd wager.

Deleted
    It just feels so lazy and cynical. You get a sort of cool questline to get a vanity mount, but they just dump the class ring legendaries into the leggy loot table and they are random drops. Great your order hall genuises can reward you with some fucking horse with horns, but a powerful ring that's actually useful? Nah, you just have to hope that drops off a daily chest or something equally lame that no one owuld ever touch with a baregpole except for the legendary chance. Hell the crappy other new legendaries feel like they are there just to pad the table to keep people grinding even more for the ring. The warlock chest for example is pretty terrible and feel slike it's there so that even people with ten legendaries can be disappointed by a new one, and go right back to the hamster wheel.

The legendary system itself was just a bad idea from beginning to end, I don;t know anyone who thinks that the game's most powerful items are random drop off trivial content was a good thing, they created a fair amount of ill-feeling between the lucky and unlucky (and still do if you luck out and only have a few of the crappier ones compared to the guy next door who has all the best ones)

This just feels cheap, like a few pennies spent by the devs to chuck in some new oranges for people to chase. As someone said in an earlier post, Activision's only interest is getting good "hours played" scores whilst spending the minimum to achieve that.

Dangling carrots like the ring is a way to do that. No one is doing the emissary quests or legionfall handins because they are fun, surely?

It's a misse dopportunity. A class ring tied to an orderhall questline with a guaranteed legendary at the end just feels right. This doesn't, and the overwhelmingly negative response to it shows

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    JUST SAY IT ALREADY! SAY IT!

legiondaries
    Legiondaries sound like it's a type of food like Legion Dairy or something.

On topic, I never thought they would drop from any other source. The legendaries that came out at 7.1.5 or whenever were the same, so why expect something different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    You are not cought up until:

- You reach 52 traits on all weapons
    - You get your BiS legendaries on all specs

That'll take you another good time, I'd wager.
    And that second part takes forever. Literally a soul sucking experience.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    it's like the people in charge of this want to make people hate their game.

I agree that "confirmed" is simply wrong to claim when all you have is the CURRENT PTR implementation to go on.
    Even if there was a statement on twitter, the forums etc then that is only at best the current plans.
    A way off yet, and many things can change even after release with feedback/wider testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I agree that "confirmed" is simply wrong to claim when all you have is the CURRENT PTR implementation to go on.
    Even if there was a statement on twitter, the forums etc then that is only at best the current plans.
    A way off yet, and many things can change even after release with feedback/wider testing.
    do you 'it's only the ptr' people never learn?

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    do you 'it's only the ptr' people never learn?
    Things have changed from their initial version, and afterwards.
    Do silly people like you never bother to look beyond the cases which didn't ?
    Silly question - of course you do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I really don't see how this is even an issue if its true.
    I hardly play at the moment but I am still on 8 legendaries just like every single person in my raid group.
    That would mean if it goes live right now I would have a 33% chance to get the new legendary ring, and if I don't get it 50% after that and 100% after that.
    Really don't see the issue.