Page 1 of 108
... LastLast

US Pulls out of Paris Climate Accords

Ushering in a huge giant backwards step for the future of humanity.

The US emits around 15% of global emissions relating to climate change, however its policies drive much of the world via the technology it creates (or doesn't create).

At this point, we have to look to China to save us I suppose.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...deal-reports2/
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-05-31 at 12:26 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Another reason to take America and put it in the bin

Deleted
    The guy behind Trump got the coolest hat ever.

Covfefe. 10charactez

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

We are going to hit the full +6 degrees anyway. Humanity is too dumb to think beyond their own timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Covfefe. 10charactez
    Covfefe idd.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

While I'm against pulling out and want to see multilateral commitments to reduce carbon emissions, it's worth noting that the Paris Agreement isn't just a positive slam dunk that's the obvious and unmitigated good that it's been painted as by its supporters (and general global opinion). In particular, it's not as good of an agreement for nations like the United States as it is for signatories that stand to directly gain from it; notably, there is no enforcement mechanism, which creates the ability for smaller nations to free-ride and cheat the agreement without real punishment. Perhaps even more notably, the wealth transfers in the agreement are more than a little unsavory if you're not someone that's in favor of global egalitarianism; shunting wealth transfers into the agreement charges it politically more than is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    The guy behind Trump got the coolest hat ever.
    right click to get xmog info

I love the American Government. 'The ozone layer is fake!'

If part of the whole climate change 'accord' deal wasn't a giant redistribution of wealth to 3rd world shitholes I think more people on the right would be behind it. It's not like you don't find an over representation of outdoorsmen family types there, so the grassroots has lots of incentives to aid and support a healthy environment.

Fatcats who owe their allegiance to nothing except the buck are always going to stand against it, because they can benefit from both ends of the spectrum.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    If part of the whole climate change 'accord' deal wasn't a giant redistribution of wealth to 3rd world shitholes I think more people on the right would be behind it. It's not like you don't find an over representation of outdoorsmen family types there, so the grassroots has lots of incentives to aid and support a healthy environment.

Fatcats who owe their allegiance to nothing except the buck are always going to stand against it, because they can benefit from both ends of the spectrum.
    I'm skeptical of the American right (broadly construed) ever being supportive - there are too many people that just outright deny climate change and make utterly idiotic arguments. Take James Inhofe, the dipshit that thinks this is an argument for an example:

10+ Year Old Account
    Naturally, Merkel and the bad, bad Europeans said nasty things! Trumpy-dumpy got to punish!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is fake news!

/sarcasm123

Trump's ability to do the wrong thing literally every time is truly impressive.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    anybody suprised with fuckin Covfefe in charge?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Can he just unilaterally do that or will it have to go through congress first?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Joining the great company of Syria and Nicaragua.

Pro-Trump people....there is no way you can defend this latest act of stupidity from your idiot-in-chief.

Why couldn't Trump Sr. pull out instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Pro-Trump people....there is no way you can defend this latest act of stupidity from your idiot-in-chief.
    Well, there is. Climate change is fake and a chinese hoax after all.