Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Cool, now go and actually count both of them to see who makes real mess.

Relatively very few still defend Trump (at least here) and they would've probably shut up by know already if half of entire first page of any thread wasn't directed at them. Then the rest of any thread gets infected with yet another Trumpy offtopics caused by that.
    Plenty of people still constantly defend Trump, roughly 40% of the involved voting public. Of course, much of that is simply trying to whine about people insulting Trump. I'd rather people be consistent and realistic. Instead, people are blinded by partisanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    are they all in the same groupme/wahatsapp group?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's closer to 100 meters. You can hit 70 meters just with the ice caps on Greenland and Antarctica.
    The 100 metres also includes thermal expansion of the volume of water, which itself is scary enough. But yeah - 100m is a long way up.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    That's how you get Donald Trump King of America, for 20 years. Just sayin. In my experience, American's don't like being forced to comply by foreign powers.
    Then they suffer. The world can survive without the US. As I said, it would be rough for a couple years, but things would adjust, while the US will continue to fall into decline.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Why not focus those funds on geoengineering? The climate accords do very little or nothing to stem the tide(besides make you feel good and divert your attention from the real problem). Why not focus on using science to solve the issue, which is the inevitable outcome anyway?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Trade wars --> isolationism --> nationalism -> fascism.

Pretty much exactly the path Trump and co want to follow.
    And if it becomes US vs the World, the US will lose every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah it's okay. I don't like breathing clean air anyways.

Fuck you Donald Trump. I hope you fall into a volcano.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Then they suffer. The world can survive without the US.
    That's assume we get nothing at all from the US, which seems unlikely ... I mean 5000 nukes need exporting.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Why not focus those funds on geoengineering? The climate accords do very little or nothing to stem the tide(besides make you feel good and divert your attention from the real problem). Why not focus on using science to solve the issue, which is the inevitable outcome anyway?
    Well, that's simple, people are very paranoid about geoengineering, especially in the United States. You are talking about people who think GMO foods and vaccines are terrible, and that Obama was born in Kenya.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's assume we get nothing at all from the US, which seems unlikely ... I mean 5000 nukes need exporting.
    The rest of the world has its fair share of nukes as well. Of course we get stuff from the US, but nothing that can't be replaced by other countries. Adapting would take a few years, but we can adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Bullets, if Europe has any sense left.
    Yay, killing people, its fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    And? Those ruins sank because of land subsidence, not rising sea levels.

The issue with your argument that it was "rising sea levels" is challenged by the simple fact that there were no major changes in sea level in human history. Local sea levels rising because the land is sinking is not a demonstration of a global phenomenon.

This is just wildly false. Cities like Alexandria weren't flooded by rising sea levels, largely, but because the land they rested upon subsided.

There are no cities that date back to when "sea levels rose", during the start of the current interglacial. And that shift happened before human civilization emerged at all, let alone major cities being built.
    You might be incorrect.... Amsterdam is -5 meters below sea level, a city lost to the waves = Seafthinge

People need to stop worrying about climate change. All you climate change proponents seem to agree that the climate has changed throughout the history of the planet and you all seem to agree that various species have been around during those changes, and you all seem to agree that human ancestors were among them. But what you seem to fail at is all the technological advancements that have allowed for the growth of humanity over virtually every other mammalian species would also protect us from simple things like sea level rise, colder temperatures, warmer temperatures, changing of climate zones from one to another. We already have multiple cities that are below sea level. And do you know what those cities should do should the climate change? How about move inland. You know kinda like our ancestors did. They packed up and moved.

If the climate is drastically changing then we should change with it. But to totally change our way of life b4 hand is stupid. If you presume a certian thing is going to happen and spend millions or billions of dollars to react to your assumption and then nothing like that ever happens what have you done with all that tax payer money? Created a system that doesnt benefit anyone but yourselfs and those you employed with that money. If some company wants to innovate and create jobs and sell some product that has a smaller effect on the environment the good for them. But to force companies out of business if they dont comply with some BS regulations only in place to force them out of business is stupid. Let the market dictate where we go and how we deal with climate issues. Forcing the market to shift isnt working because you dont have a solution nor do you yet have a problem.

Ushering in a huge giant backwards step for the future of humanity.
    Any proof?

I thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    You might be incorrect.... Amsterdam is -5 meters below sea level, a city lost to the waves = Seafthinge
    http://www.guideholland.com/histsinking.html

Seriously, why are so many people unaware that land subsidence is a real thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    People need to stop worrying about climate change. All you climate change proponents seem to agree that the climate has changed throughout the history of the planet
    Not as rapidly as it currently has, no. It has not.

and you all seem to agree that various species have been around during those changes, and you all seem to agree that human ancestors were among them. But what you seem to fail at is all the technological advancements that have allowed for the growth of humanity over virtually every other mammalian species would also protect us from simple things like sea level rise, colder temperatures, warmer temperatures, changing of climate zones from one to another. We already have multiple cities that are below sea level. And do you know what those cities should do should the climate change? How about move inland. You know kinda like our ancestors did. They packed up and moved.
    Kindly sit down for a moment and figure out the financial cost of "moving" New York City, by way of example. The issue is that we can spend hundreds of billions, proactively, and build adaptive cities that take coming changes into account, or we can spend tens to hundreds of trillions, reactively, rebuilding what gets destroyed by out obstinacy to refuse to acknowledge basic facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

All the data you could want.

Which I'm sure you'll find a reason to handwave, as you did in the past.

Climate change denial is as willfully ignorant as flat-earth theories. You have to literally refuse to look at the facts to believe that bullshit.
    All bunk because none of its measured. Its all estimated, modeled, calculated using methods we dont know 100% can be accurate like carbon dating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's plenty of real and measured data. I'm not talking about future models, I'm talking about the data that is concrete.

We both know you won't listen, that's not your thing.
    If it wasnt measured with a thermometer in the exact location and time that it supposedly occurred, then its not real and measured

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not as rapidly as it currently has, no. It has not.

Kindly sit down for a moment and figure out the financial cost of "moving" New York City, by way of example. The issue is that we can spend hundreds of billions, proactively, and build adaptive cities that take coming changes into account, or we can spend tens to hundreds of trillions, reactively, rebuilding what gets destroyed by out obstinacy to refuse to acknowledge basic facts.
    Don't you get it Endus, it was so easy for our ancestors to move their villages with huts and, at the most, extremely primitive infrastructure. So obviously it's possible to move a city like NYC just as easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    All bunk because none of its measured. Its all estimated, modeled, calculated using methods we dont know 100% can be accurate like carbon dating

- - - Updated - - -

If it wasnt measured with a thermometer its not real and measured
    You got that right!