Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dont care how Legion is doing business-wise. Pandaria was shit from that point, still had best raids (game was about raids, w/o diablo crap). It was amazing for raiders.

Havent unsubbed or stopped playing so i have to agree

More successful than WOD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In general, I'd have to agree. It is nowhere near as bad as most people say that it is.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Legion is my favorite expansion thus far, but I couldn't give a fuck about it "doing well." At this point, the less people playing the game the better. The people who complain about nonsense weren't playing the gameanyway, so I don't see they think their opinion matters. Sadly, blizzard will get again do a full 180 on these things and we will be back to having nothing to do outside of raids.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

They made a lot of classes that I used to really like playing, very boring in legion. This is the least played expansion for me. I have not played for weeks at a time.

Legion is as bad as WoD, most people that praise it play for an hour a month

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Warlords started off insanely strong, it wasn't till the end it fell apart. So a minor increase over what warlords was is very good.
    I guess if you consider "the end" to be the last 90 %, maybe.
    If not, you're just being oblivious at best, disingenuous probably, and a complete cretin at worst.

If it is doing a bit better than WoD, as they said at the last earnings call, then that's a win, since it means the game's longer term decline has been halted, at least for now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Like what then?
    Farming AP and legendary items. It sucks. And by the time you're finally finished you just want to quit the fucking game lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is an amazing expansion. The only thing I'd change is the legendary cap and make AP/AK character/account bound respectively. So far the only disappointing content was legion fall being gated but I understand it's necessary to avoid 100% content draught as they test TOS.

IMO how I'd rank the game thus far:
    Vanilla=TBC>Wrath=Legion>mists>cata>wod
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Despite its negatives in some design choices of content life extensions I would place the game better than WoD and even MoP due to there being a viable and engaging endgame for non-raiders.
    I think the raiding end game has also been improved for more players. Not mythic raiders, perhaps, but they are a minority even of players who do raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Farming AP and legendary items. It sucks. And by the time you're finally finished you just want to quit the fucking game lol
    Speak for yourself.

The only place I can say the expansion really failed was PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think the raiding end game has also been improved for more players. Not mythic raiders, perhaps, but they are a minority even of players who do raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Speak for yourself.

The only place I can say the expansion really failed was PvP.
    You cannot possibly tell me you enjoy doing every single AP world quest every single day because you need it. Did you know that Tomb Mythic was being tested on PTR with 12 fucking traits into Concordance? Twelve. They're balancing this shit for a grind and it's miserable.

And then you get classes like mage and warlock who are expected to have that shit in at least two of their three dps specs. That's just absurd.

You cannot possibly tell me you enjoy doing every single AP world quest every single day because you need it.
    I can tell you your "just want to quit the fucking game lol" comment was hyperbolic bullshit.

I can tell you your "just want to quit the fucking game lol" comment was hyperbolic bullshit.
    No. It seriously isn't. Do you know how many guilds have fallen apart this expansion due to burnout? I've seen half of a roster change in a matter of 3 weeks due to burnout. When 7.2 dropped my last guild lost 6 players in the course of 3 weeks because they burned themselves out doing every world quest for AP every single day. I had to step away from the game as soon as I hit concordance and play literally anything else or even nothing at all. It was safer for me to sit in my bed and stare at a wall than to even log on WoW. If my guild was still progressing in Mythic nighthold I would have quit a long time ago.

Deleted
    Lets compare what I need to do on a new character for expansions to play high end.

Vanilla-Mostly get blue quality gear from ubrs/ lbrs/stratholme (Get attuned to Ony and MC) MC attune takes no time

Wrath of the lich king- You need Sons of Hodir rep for shoulder enchant, Do 5 mans to start nax...THATS FKING IT

Now lets do legion...

Legion as new player-need your AK to be at the least 30-35 to get enough AP to do enough damage compared to everyone else. You need to put thousands and thousands of order hall resource just to equip your 2nd legendary, you need to level your followers, Run mythics/lfr to be raid ready(loot drops are more rare by the way), if you want the ability to fly you need to grind reputation where in wrath you simply pay some gold

GEE you would think a modern mmo would be smart and get rid of grinding. NAHHH burn players out and make then unsub faster than you can say WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Lets compare what I need to do on a new character for expansions to play high end.

Vanilla-Mostly get blue quality gear from ubrs/ lbrs/stratholme (Get attuned to Ony and MC) MC attune takes no time

Wrath of the lich king- You need Sons of Hodir rep for shoulder enchant, Do 5 mans to start nax...THATS FKING IT

Now lets do legion...

Legion as new player-need your AK to be at the least 30-35 to get enough AP to do enough damage compared to everyone else. You need to put thousands and thousands of order hall resource just to equip your 2nd legendary, you need to level your followers, Run mythics/lfr to be raid ready(loot drops are more rare by the way), if you want the ability to fly you need to grind reputation where in wrath you simply pay some gold

GEE you would think a modern mmo would be smart and get rid of grinding. NAHHH burn players out and make then unsub faster than you can say WOD.
    This times 1000. This is the problem with Legion. Too much grind.

No. It seriously isn't. Do you know how many guilds have fallen apart this expansion due to burnout?
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data". Yes, I am sure there are some that feel the way you do in your statement. No, it is not some universally true statement, or even close to it. To depict it as such is baldfaced lying. Please stop lying.

Deleted
    No. It seriously isn't. Do you know how many guilds have fallen apart this expansion due to burnout? I've seen half of a roster change in a matter of 3 weeks due to burnout. When 7.2 dropped my last guild lost 6 players in the course of 3 weeks because they burned themselves out doing every world quest for AP every single day. I had to step away from the game as soon as I hit concordance and play literally anything else or even nothing at all. It was safer for me to sit in my bed and stare at a wall than to even log on WoW. If my guild was still progressing in Mythic nighthold I would have quit a long time ago.
    I was in a mythic raiding guild also. The GM was getting so pissed how people were dropping like flies. Me myself was 2 steps away from quitting also. Then our main tank as a message to the state of the game was playing over watch when it was raiding time. GM was livid with how often he needed to constantly recruit new people to the guild. And of course raiding with new members means you are going to wipe and wipe again simply because they are new to the mythic encounters.

I quit the guild months ago and the guild fell apart with maybe only 4-5 main raiders still left. I never seen an expansion with this level of burn out. Simply the design of this expansion is beyond stupid. To stay competitive this expansion needs the most amount of time requirement than any expansion released. And this is an mmo in 2017. 2017 where people are lucky enough to have an hour to play everyday.

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment you realize you don't need anything past concordance +2 you'll realize the game is far less of a grind. I'm a mythic raider and my guilds downs m guldan every week. The ONLY people who need to grind 24/7 to the point of burning out are world first players and I'm sorry to say this but I honestly doubt anyone in this post is one of said players.... everyone who isn't anywhere near that level of play is burning themselves out while attempting to hold world first play standards while most can't even cut in in early mythic raiding. Just chill, play the game, if you MUST grind hit your 2nd concordance and just enjoy the damn content.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

Deleted
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data". Yes, I am sure there are some that feel the way you do in your statement. No, it is not some universally true statement, or even close to it. To depict it as such is baldfaced lying. Please stop lying.
    Are you living in lala land or something? Or some box where nothing bad gets in? The burnout is so bad, SOOO BAD that there is maybe 1 or 2 youtubers left that were originally wow channels. And one of them is a casual that never step foot in high end raiding lol.

Hell even in game just open your eyes.