Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question What class was most fun for you?

This just continues from my last curious question about why did you choose your faction?

Most of us have either played for years or atleast have different toons, which one was the most fun and why?

Vanilla:
    Feral Druid, because I played on a PVP server, and didn't want to main rogue. Stealth was so handy. I didn't raid, and therefore wasn't pushed into playing Resto

Burning Crusade
    Feral Druid: Holy shit, bears can tank.
    Shadow Priest: multidotting, restoring mana to the group, being effective, whee!

WotLK, Cataclysm:
    Feral Druid: Holy shit, cats can dps as if they were meant to actually do this. JOHN FUCKING MADDEN.
    Shadow Priest: See above

splitting Feral into Feral + Guardian was the end of my Druid main toon for three expansions.
    Similarly, they dicked around with Shadow priest, adding in a bunch of crap that felt different than what I liked.

MoP:
    Frost DK: DW Howling Blast spam with stacked mastery was such a joy
    Survival Hunter: Serpent Spread for the fuckin win
    Destruction Warlock: so OP I had to try it, and it was everything I thought it could be

WoD:
    Did not particularly enjoy my classes in Highmaul and BRF, but I endured them, and ended up liking them in HFC.
    Marksmanship Hunter - HFC tier bonus for instant Aimed Shot made this spec enjoyable for me for the first time. Still salty about what they did to Survival
    Frost DK: Blizzard shit all over me for the BRF tier, so I had to play unholy, which I am still mad about. Frost was great for two days at the beginning of HFC before nerfed back to normalcy.

Legion:
    BM Hunter: Because I can actually do damage while dealing with fight mechanics.
    Whoever is in charge of balancing talents, such that Breath of Sindragosa became the centerpiece of the cookie cutter dps build should be flayed for this abortion of a concept. Because of legendaries and artifact power, I am still invested in the frost DK, but the moments of frustration where Breath gets fucked up, and dps goes to shit, are way too common.
    Just leveled up my lock in Affliction like I did in MoP for flavor of the month, and it seems pretty cool. We'll see where it goes from here.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2017-05-31 at 10:32 PM.

Rogue/Assassination.

i got stealth/melee and i've got dots.. that's as good as it gets.(please copy vigilance guardians & watchman sentinels from swtor:P)
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Was? Hunter. Not anymore though.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Was? Hunter. Not anymore though.
    I came here to say this. So I will just say it again.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Enh Shaman, from when I first tried it in Wotlk until start of WoD.
    The utility, the damage, the burst, the healing, the movement, the sheer amount of buttons to press (39 abilities keybound at the height of cata/mop)
    Having played 6 other classes at max level I can say with confidence that nne of them are even close to as fun as enh shaman.
    I've no idea what to write here.

I used to like to play enhancement shamans when they could wield 2H weapons and weren't designed to dual wield.

I know they were sort of brokenly overpowered at the time, but I really enjoyed Brewmasters in MoP. I think they opened up tanking to a lot of folks.

MM hunters were pretty much the best during WoD.

And I know they're unpopular, but I actually really love the chaos of Legion's Demonology.

Mained a MM hunter in Cata, but I don't really remember enough about those particular mechanics to say whether it was good or not.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Brf Demonology Warlock was the prime for me. Still watch videos from time to time of bosskills. God I loved it.

Really enjoyed frost death knight and enh shaman in wrath. In mop it was fury warrior for the short time I played.

Nowadays it's frost mage I guess, fire is dead to me. Tried other speccs after emerald nightmare in to tov but nothing clicked, and the search will never stop. I think they ruined it overall, although feral looked promising something is just off with it.

Feelsbadman

enhancement shaman in WOD

I get the most enjoyment out of enhance, even now when we just spam Stormstrike, Been enhance since late BC and never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun? Shaman. Enhancement and Resto.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman001 View Post
    I used to like to play enhancement shamans when they could wield 2H weapons and weren't designed to dual wield.
    Damn those were the days I tell you. better not sit down and drink to regen your HP and Mana u little mage you. there could be a garanteed stormstrike-tripplewindfury crit coming right to you.

I enjoyed Cataclysm Balance druid the most in all my 12 years of play. Currently playing Paladin and i like those aswell as they are now.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbc36f39f; 2017-06-01 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    This just continues from my last curious question about why did you choose your faction?

Most of us have either played for years or atleast have different toons, which one was the most fun and why?
    I have each class at level 100, with dupes of some classes. I started as a Restoration Druid just as the Burning Crusade was released, playing that character until MoP's release, where I switched her out to become a Mistweaver Monk. A month and half before Legion is when I retired her, because I needed a break from healing. I had excelled to a level where I felt it was time to do other things (ten years as a healer will do that).

Outside of healing, I only used the other roles sometimes. I was always decent with tanking and okay with DPS. With the mention of the DH class during Blizzcon 2015, I decided to keep up with it and switch to one with the early release of the class. It was a new opportunity in my eyes, well as a fresh start. As of October 2016, I've been taking short breaks every so often, debating between the DH and Mage class (other class/specialization comparisons were brought up as well), trying to decide on which to go with. I started leveling a new Mage in March, because I wanted a new version of that class. I had another Mage already who I leveled at the end of the Burning Crusade and was my second character that I leveled during my career.

I hit pause on my DH to play my Mage at the start of May, so that I could finish leveling her up from 102 (got to this level back in March). I played her for a few weeks in May, and hit pause on her a week and a half ago. She is caught up somewhat to my DH though, which didn't take long at all. Anyway, both characters lay in the graveyard until I figure out who I'm going with (Character Restoration is available this Sunday). It has been overwhelming, because going with the DPS role, it opened up a new door. Plus I'm an individual who only likes to worry about one character. Anyway, both have been fun, especially in PvP. I probably will go back to my DH, as I put more time into her and means more to me than a Mage.

Looking back on everything, each character who was my main focus, their specializations have been fun to play. With every switch it only got better. I love specializations with strong mobility. Playing a Havoc DH has been the best out of all these classes/specializations. With the drastic changes that Mistweaver Monks went through, it was nice having something that I could switch to and enjoy.

Druid since day one. The whole idea of shapeshifting to perform certain role was (and still is) so unique. Also those little QoL things - travel form earlier than mounts for faster movement. Swimming form. Flight form 2 levels prior the rest. Private "heartstone" to Moonglade. Can fill all 4 roles. Instant casts and dots/hots. Can stealth and bypass lots of obstacles. No to mention feral was depicted in vanilla's opening video as one of few.

Hunter was fun too. Leveling alone and learning things just to be granted ability to tame your pet. Later caring for that pet, mending, feeding, keeping it happy. Sure ammo and pet food were sometimes PITA due to limited bag space but it provided such a feel. Current Hunter lost lots of that vibe.

Warlock. At first it was really weird concept. Sacrifice your own HP to get mana? What shit it this? You have to keep your HP as high as possible and we get a class that literally kills itself just to be able to fight? But when I got into this and learned how it works (VW tanking!) it was awesome. dotdotdot, neeext!

Paladin was rather fun. Slow but steady, holy light filled. Warrior with deeper purpose. I enjoyed Paladin much till holy power.

Rest was interesting but not as much fun as above.
    Priest was horrible. Simply horrible till ~70. 2-3 spells, OOM and then wanding the target for all eternity. And if you managed to survive it was 0 mana and 3%HP so heavy drinking/eating after each fight.
    Rogue - despite being feral cat never understood the love for rogues. Probably chain stun and all that easy ganking it provided. One day I like Rogue for its ambush burst, other day it's meh.
    Shaman - second last least favorite class. It was great while LK and Cata (insta drop all 4 totems), alter changes made it gutted. Shaman used to be unique and interesting class with nice mechanic, now it's just another caster.
    DK - never really l;earned how to play it properly (until now). Started as blood dps, when blood was turned pure tanking spec I switched to frost. For all the time I was facerolling on my keyboard to do dps. Right now I'm discovering UH. And I liek it.
    Monk - was fun only because completely new mechanic, asian vibe while 1-10 and Pandaria.
    Mage - another one of least favorite class. Bouncing between arcane and frost I somehow managed to get to 100. Probably due to heirlooms and old content being nerfed to the ground long before I got there with a Mage.
    And DH now - made one, got to 100 day one, haven't touched since. I may level it to 110 as my next alt.

Deleted
    Old:
    • Subtlety (x9 chars before WoD)
    • Feral (x3 chars before T18)
    • Mistweaver (x2 chars since MoP)

Actually:
    • Nothing, but playing Mistweaver
    • Because 4 buttons gameplay for everyone
    • Because Legendary RNG
    • Because it's cool to play a forgotten specialization

7.2.5:
    • Nothing, but i'll probably play Mistweaver
    Last edited by mmocf2b6c3b75f; 2017-06-01 at 07:39 AM.

Paladin and Warlock used to be, but they kept changing them repeatedly and often so I stopped playing them. Death Knight was amazing with blood in WotLK but they removed that so I stopped caring. Hunter was amazing for quite awhile until WoD onward, so I stopped caring there as well. Rogue is in a fun spot now since its reworks, so I'll go for that in terms of Assassination -- but it wasn't amazing before then for me. Monks overall are still enjoyable to play since MoP, their playstyle is enjoyable and active -- and ever since the Legion change I'd argue they are the most fun and active out of any other DPS.

Healing is alright but all my healers I enjoyed to the fullest were gutted and ravaged ever since WoD and Legion. A lot of changing the way things played.

7+ Year Old Account
    In order:
    1) Warwick - Destruction
    2) Affliction
    3) DH - DPS
    4) Druid - Feral
    5) Druid - Resto
    6) Anything else.

I kinda enjoy MM hunter now. I was BM but got a bit bored of it, so MM is quite nice.

Most fun I am not too sure... I guess legion fire mage? Close to MM, too. Probably MM hunter in wod with instant aimed shot.

WW in MoP/WoD, MW in MoP/HFC, Demo in MoP/WoD, Feral Wrath onwards(because it's essentially been the same spec since then), Sub in WoD, Balance in Cata, Blood in BRF, StM Shadow in Legion. That's having played every class in every expansion since Cata(not necessarily every spec in every expansion) and druid/paladin/DK since Wrath.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU