Poll: How will we defeat Sargeras?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We will defeat Sargeras by wiping many times until we finally get it.

We hand him a Pepsi and all is forgiven.

think power rangers but with our weapons, they will all turn into a megazord and then sargaris will get bigger and then he will be defeated by the power of happy thoughts focused into one giant kick to the face

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    L.K is not a god. Nor Deathwing was.

In lore, none of their status is "deceased". As far as I know, Old gods were first imprisoned/weakened by godlike titans underground of Azeroth so they were in weakened state and one of them was dead already (killed by those same titans). We are not godlike titans and Sargeras is not weakened by our fight during Legion. I really do not believe that you can weaken a god, like you could weaken Deathwing (and he is not a god) within one-expansion-timespan.
    The Lich King isn't a god, but he was STILL amazingly powerful, so was Deathwing. You don't have to be a God, in order to have extreme strength. Goku has taught me this....

And Goku isn't even a God GOD, he just wields godly energies...

Deleted
    i really don't care how (it seems non-important detail), but i hope my class and spec at the time is playable, so i actually can play game and be valuable in raid.

I agree with that even though I don't follow Goku stuff. My argument was that we probably have to defeat something of extreme strength again instead of going directly to god attacks.
    Kil'jaeden/Archimonde: Stronger than a Random Warlock capable of Busting a Planet, Commander's of the legion, Fleas to the Dark Titan!

Sargeras: Defeated the pantheon in 1 fucking battle, capable of cleaving entire planets even before his fel boost, Creator/Master of The Burning Legion, likely capable of destroying entire Galaxies, mainly due to the fact that Algalon stated that "The Pantheon are capable of raising/birthing entire planetary systems in 1 mortal heart beat". And, where are they now? Yeah, ass-raped by Sargeras.

You must be EXTREMELY powerful in order to do that shit with ENTIRE PLANETARY SYSTEMS in 1 mortal heart-beat....

Not to mention the fact that The Legion has expanded across different timelines/realities, hence making them a Mutliversal+ threat. However, they're like child's play when compared to the Dark lord. Not to mention the fact that "Likely" Sargeras is stronger than Elune....but that's LIKELY....

- - - Updated - - -

So...yeah...I can see why you'd think that! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Kil'jaeden/Archimonde: Stronger than a Random Warlock capable of Busting a Planet, Commander's of the legion, Fleas to the Dark Titan!

Sargeras: Defeated the pantheon in 1 fucking battle, capable of cleaving entire planets even before his fel boost, Creator/Master of The Burning Legion, likely capable of destroying entire Galaxies, mainly due to the fact that Algalon stated that "The Pantheon are capable of raising/birthing entire planetary systems in 1 mortal heart beat". And, where are they now? Yeah, ass-raped by Sargeras.

You must be EXTREMELY powerful in order to do that shit with ENTIRE PLANETARY SYSTEMS in 1 mortal heart-beat....

Not to mention the fact that The Legion has expanded across different timelines/realities, hence making them a Mutliversal+ threat. However, they're like child's play when compared to the Dark lord. Not to mention the fact that "Likely" Sargeras is stronger than Elune....but that's LIKELY....

- - - Updated - - -

So...yeah...I can see why you'd think that! LOL
    I don't want to really get in this debate but the Legion is not a multiversal+ threat lol.

Just a threat in multiple universes, there's a difference.

Yes, there is difference but Legion does exists across multiple universes and they are also a threat, even though, I find word threat a bit weak. It's more like a tsunami which you can't avoid.
    To me a 'multiversal+ threat' implies something or someone which can destroy a multiverse by itself, not one universe at a time, but this is so nerdy and pointless I'll drop the argument, I know what you mean.

Sorry for a selfquoting, but I made a thread with precisely same question and tried to answer it, so I'll just copy it here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...stroy-Sargeras
    yeah, I remember, biggah dun plenit.
    Let's make a very likely proposition, which is supported by various facts.
    Sargeras CAN manipulate his size and shrink himself. Without losing his power, too.
    Evidence to the latter: Archimonde in HFC, Hyjal etc is TIMES larger than Kil'Jaeden in ToS, latter is quite tiny compared to Archi, but it's obvious that it no way diminishes his magical power.
    So, Sargeras, too, can manipulate his size at will. I even have a hypothesis - in his "planet-size" form he is comprised of more ethereal matter, like stardust, titans likely use this form to travel. He surely can utilize it to fight and manipulate his energy, e.g. to project a blade to slice some watermellons, planets etc.

BUT.

He likely can shrink and appear just BIG, like Ragnaros, or Avatar, or any. Reasons: on his first crusade, he FOUGHT demons, not WIPED them like we wipe dust from cupboard with a rag. He might had a reason - not to wipe all being on the planets he wisited, but specifically demons. But he had to land in full powers, because there were hordes and lots of them, if he projected only avatar, they would destroy them with numbers one by one until he would be drained out of powers. Not an option.

Secondly, he prepared to enter Azeroth during WotA through a portal in the Well. Well is a lake, not a hole of entrance for a planet-sized creature.
    But amounts of energy at work was unparalleled, not avatar-sized. So he was entering in full power, but in comprehensible size. And Brox actually scratched his leg. You can't scratch a leg of a planet.

Arguably, he also personnally fought Toranaar, King of the Aldrachi, and the latter wounded him in the chest, bleeding the titan. Yes, nathrezim write that could POSSIBLY be an avatar. But it was not stated as a fact, and I doubt it can be the case. Reasons: firstly, powers at work. Even regular Aldrachi are describe supremely powerful, one warrior at cost of hundreds of demons. They were WAY above us, Azerothians. Yet, our champion, Aegwynn, was able to defeat the Avatar, of which Sargaras never cared a bit.
    Yet it's unlikely that king of Aldrachi was weaker that he could to nothing to the Avatar. If he's weaker that Avatar, Archimonde would pwn him, too, and then it's no reason for Sarg to take any action. So likely Toranaar rpwned Archimonde, that was unique and thus demanded Sargeras' attention. So I think Sargeras actually came in his full power, toyed with Toranaar for days of fighting, but king tricked him and dealt a blow, wounding Sarg, who was ENRAGED. Yet he never shown ANY concern or emotion over losing Avatar to Aegwynn. Looks like he was scared that even HE himself, can be wounded by other than his kin.

So, my statement: Sargeras can shrink his size while traveling through the Twisting Nether and arrive on planets through portals. It this state, he is just as strong in terms of magic, as he usually is.

What is his exact power? Simply, it is equal to a sum of magic of a whole planet. Which is immense and not comparable to any single creature, but still has a limit, planets can be broken. It's much harder to break a titan than a planet, because he, too, can use his power against you.

Now, why he will arrive at Argus in shrinked size? I see 2 reasons. First - he doesn't want to destroy his main base only to kill us, invaders, for same reasons as before, just reversed sides.
    Second: he is physically far away from Argus, but can easily access it via Nether, through portal, which requires smaller size to enter. Likely the case, first thing Kil'Jaeden must've done is to build a stable portal on Argus for his master to activate and enter in urgent cases quickly, when necessary.

And he's not a bit feared to appear being small, because his power is still the same, we are no threat in his eyes.

So finally, HOW do we defeat him? So, we will be able to technilally fight him. But his power is equal to magical energy of a planet. Simply - we need same. And we can have it if we blow Argus AND focus all the energy of its explosion not just outwards, but focused at a spot, at him.
    So, Illidan has already made needed calculations, I guess.
    But some power will still be lost, so we need more.

Here go ARTIFACTS. They are all powerful. Warblades once actually pierced his skin and bleeded him. Sataiel planned to use Ulthalesh on him, considering to rival him one day.
    Scepter was strong enough to shatter Draenor. And so on.

BUT HE KILLED WHOLE PANTHEON!
    Just read more carefully, okay? He was backed up by thousands of demons to distract titans. AND, they, as pure Arcane, had EXTREME vulnerability to Fel. Just pressed a great weak spot on them. But Light and possibly Nature are far more resistant to Fel. So, ARMY OF THE LIGHT and NAARU in person will aid us on Argus, and so we can withstand his attacks. Then we use artifacts to their full power to wound him, break some defences, EXACTLY like we did with Deathwing and his plates, then kite him to a designated spot, wounded and armor exposed, for the focused blow of Argus being imploded, which will vanquish him for good.

So, our mission is EXTREMELY hard. We must repel all the might of Legion on it's own base, cut off opened reinforcements portals, repurpose them to make planet-blowing trap ready, clear his remaining generals in the Palace, do all that before his emergency portal is ready and he enters.
    It will take all artifacts powers, all buffs from Keepers, all the Army of the Light and the Naaru only to withstand his assaults and just wound and weaken him a lilttle before he unleashes his full power.
    Then he must be kited to a very certain spot. Likely Illidan wants us to somehow not just blow Argus, but to reflect Sargeras' own attack that could break planet, back at him, blowing a planet and adding this expulsion to his own unleashed attack, focusing it right at him. That would take constructing IMMENSE and wery complicated trap, way bigger than for Archimonde or Deathwing. Yet still, power of exploding planet + his reflected own blast on weakened and wounded Sargeras should be enough to tear him apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    gonna go full power rangers and combine the weapons into a super lazer cannon.

We won't kill him. At most we weaken him to the point he retreats because his connection to the world is weakened.

The heroes of Azeroth will compete against Sargeras in the Trial of Style transmog competition. Everything seems lost, but out of nowhere Jaina makes her return using the best transmog ever and beats Sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilara View Post
    There will be some special plot weapon that weakens him.
    I was thinking the combined artifact weapons of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever voted for Illidan sacrificing himself, they couldn't be more wrong. He is destined to be the warrior of the Light as per Xe'ra. Read the Illidan novel for a deeper explanation.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Whoever voted for Illidan sacrificing himself, they couldn't be more wrong. He is destined to be the warrior of the Light as per Xe'ra. Read the Illidan novel for a deeper explanation.
    And what Xe'ra tells is 100% the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    We will defeat Sargeras by wiping many times until we finally get it.
    Dem determination stacks, doe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    To me a 'multiversal+ threat' implies something or someone which can destroy a multiverse by itself, not one universe at a time, but this is so nerdy and pointless I'll drop the argument, I know what you mean.
    Actually, The legion is invading multiple realities at a time, not just 1 Universe at a time. They're also invading a ton of timelines, realities, and so forth. :/ I thank the Illidan novel for said info.

He is destined to be the warrior of the Light as per Xe'ra
    Is wow lore could be more stupid than this? I loled.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Ehhh, if you read more into the actual in game lore, it looks more like an old god, and Sargeras will not even be in this Xpac. There is all sorts of different twists, including only fighting Sargeras for a moment before he departs. Along w/ we haven't awoken Azeroth's Titan...so yea I'd say you're just pulling the idea of Sargeras from the "legion" label. Note, it says Legion, not Wrath of, Warlords of, etc...during the "Burning Crusade" we ended w/ Illidan and Kil'jaeden. Considering we haven't been to the Twisting Nether, Archimonde is capable of returning, along w/ every other known big demon.

At no point is it set, or even more than a hope we fight the strongest titan w/o Azeroths help.

Beyond that we will need someone and something strong enough to kill Sargeras i.e Broxigar The Red and King Toranaar himself along w/ their weapons.
    Fun fact: The Axe of Cenarius was SUPPOSED to be a Warrior Artifact weapon (Likely the Arms blade). But, due to lore complications, they had to change said idea...

Hell, the affliction warlock artifact actually makes Sargeras HIMSELF know fear...

"According to A Hypothetical Examination of the Legion's Weaknesses, a tome outlawed and deemed apocryphal by the Legion, the Deadwind Harvester is one of the few things in the universe that Sargeras fears, and Ulthalesh has been playing his game with the Dark Titan for millennia. He knows the meaning of patience." - Wowpedia

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    He will be asleep. We will sneak into his lair. And beat him with a stick while he sleeps.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/89c4332...d-21225c66a65c
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2017-06-01 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Fun fact: The Axe of Cenarius was SUPPOSED to be a Warrior Artifact weapon (Likely the Arms blade). But, due to lore complications, they had to change said idea...

Hell, the affliction warlock artifact actually makes Sargeras HIMSELF know fear...

"According to A Hypothetical Examination of the Legion's Weaknesses, a tome outlawed and deemed apocryphal by the Legion, the Deadwind Harvester is one of the few things in the universe that Sargeras fears, and Ulthalesh has been playing his game with the Dark Titan for millennia. He knows the meaning of patience." - Wowpedia
    ^Hell half of the artifacts are WMD's...when I read the artifact knowledge on some of them it kind of scares me that we are carrying around weapons that could kill everyone if we made a mistake...