Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    90% of time I spent on desperate farming bis legos (my ring dropped as 8th lego, yay...), doing zerg runs of normal and hc raids. This expansion is beyond any level of frustration. This is what I will remember from this expac.

Deleted
    If you complain about the grind in an mmorpg then you're playing the wrong type of game. Please try a moba or a fps.
    Mmorpg are supposed to be grindy. You're supposed to gain more power slowly. And it's impossible to make content at the rate people are consuming it.

This is the first expansion that genuinely turned me off because of how RNG heavy it is. It's really hard to be competitive if you're a returning player or rerolling to a different class with how the legendary system works. Artifact knowledge/tier/trinkets is bad enough, but legendaries is just too much. The game does have alot going for it, but blizzards scheme to keep people logged on 24/7 is just too obvious for me to enjoy the game itself. Although i am not subbed to the game since I've killed guldan on heroic a while back, I still check up on it to see current lore/boss fights because I will always love this game. Imo this expansion is most definitely leaps and bounds better than draenor, but i wouldn't rate it very high on an expansion list. If only it wasn't so diablofied this expansion could've been great, at least in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicc View Post
    If you complain about the grind in an mmorpg then you're playing the wrong type of game. Please try a moba or a fps.
    Mmorpg are supposed to be grindy. You're supposed to gain more power slowly. And it's impossible to make content at the rate people are consuming it.
    Pretty sure wow got on fine these past few years without the need to farm 500 MoS to be able to raid the highest difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Giving us a cheap reason to do the same world quests and mythic+ dungeons over and over and over is not "content rich".

Artifacts are cool on paper, but in practice, it's just another long and boring grind, and the traits highlight the issues with the old talent trees. (wee, 1 more talent point!...oh, +3% damage to a single ability, wow so fun and amazing) That and, the AP grind is very alt-unfriendly. They should have at least made Artifact Knowledge account wide from the beginning.
    A lot of the AK can be transferred from your main to alts via the tomes you get from the vendor.
    Is giving us a cheap reason to do the same WQs really worse than the old daily system? At least there's a bit of variety from day to day, even if by now you've done each one a few times.
    As for dungeons, people have been crying out for 5-mans to be relevant again for ages from what I can see. We've got them now, and again unlike back then there's some variety in what you do via affixes.
    There are legitimate reasons to complain about aspects of Legion, but I really don't think it's as bad as people make it sound.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    A lot of the AK can be transferred from your main to alts via the tomes you get from the vendor.
    Is giving us a cheap reason to do the same WQs really worse than the old daily system? At least there's a bit of variety from day to day, even if by now you've done each one a few times.
    WQs are only a slightly less repetitive version of dailies. At least with dailies, once you hit exalted with the rep, you didn't have to do them anymore. With the neverending AP grind, there is no end to the WQ grinding.

Still boring and mundane, not really "content".

As for dungeons, people have been crying out for 5-mans to be relevant again for ages from what I can see. We've got them now, and again unlike back then there's some variety in what you do via affixes.
    It's still the same exact dungeon just with more health and damage, and some annoying trash abilities.

More rehashed "content".

There are legitimate reasons to complain about aspects of Legion, but I really don't think it's as bad as people make it sound.
    It's not horrible like WoD was, but there are still tons and tons of flaws.

It is not "content rich" in the slightest.

Deleted
    World of Diablo Rng bullshits

Deleted
    pve wise at least, legion does not have alot of content really
    it has a bunch of new systems that give the illusion of content through replayability
    but fact is, you can apply these systems such as world quests, legendary hunt, a warforge system if it doesnt go too far like now, mythic+, to any if the past existing wow expansions...imagine vanilla with all these systems...imagine wotlk...cata?

Expansion of Luck & Grind.

Luck out with titanforged and legendaries.
    Grind with forced farming of AP.

For me 2nd worse expansion to date, only Cata was worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    +world quests
    +decent raids (not amazing)
    +strong expansion theme
    +great dungeons
    +mythic +
    +paragon rep
    +alternate progression via artifacts
    +scaling quest zones
    +class fantasy & campaigns
    +more balanced talents
    +PvP talents & prestige system
    +more balanced instanced PvP
    +suramar
    - titanforging
    - legendarys
    - many professions still useless
    - small zones
    - flying being gated
    - world PvP is awful
    - dampening in arenas
    - demon hunters
    - some class design decisions
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Legion is repetition rich, not content rich.
    This pretty much nails it for me. Between my class being ruined, the nonstop AP grind, bullshit rng legendaries, and yes, the endless repetition, Legion has made me deactivate (for now atleast).

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    WQs are only a slightly less repetitive version of dailies. At least with dailies, once you hit exalted with the rep, you didn't have to do them anymore. With the neverending AP grind, there is no end to the WQ grinding.

Still boring and mundane, not really "content".

It's still the same exact dungeon just with more health and damage, and some annoying trash abilities.

More rehashed "content".

It's not horrible like WoD was, but there are still tons and tons of flaws.

It is not "content rich" in the slightest.
    When do you feel there was more content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Most of the gripe with MoP came from "Well it's about PANDAS." There was never really a good argument to say why MoP was bad, hence why people look back on it fondly.

Cataclysm was not looked back on very well, often coming in ranked lower than MoP on many people's scales. WoD... I mean, I can't even name a redeeming quality from WoD, although I'm sure someone can name one or two I doubt it'll get anywhere near a good reputation.

Wrath also had it's problems, from the introduction of Gearscore, the LFG tool, and the official end of 'progression' including previous tiers of raid. (All of these things can be viewed in a positive light as well is what makes people view Wrath as the best.) Legion has it's crappy systems which is going to hurt it a lot, but it'll be FAR from a Cata or a WoD.
    WoD had good raids, some good sets and good lvling. And for me personaly in wod i had the best guild ive ever been in prolly big reason why i still enjoyed hfc till before the prepatch made it so easy.
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-06-02 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    7.2 probably won't be looked upon fondly, but there is 7.2.5, 7.3, and likely 7.3.5 and 7.4 to recover. If 7.2 the pattern continues, it'll receive mixed feelings most likely.
    Who remembers patch numbers of an xpac? This is ridiculous...

Legion was great up to 7.2

Broken Shore is just not a fun place; the content is okay, but the terrain is horrible and the looks of the place are bland, grey and gloomy.

The worst thing are the ghost servers and empty friendlists, though.

WQs > past dailies wqs win hands down. So much more variety and better rewards

Old gear system gs < TF/WF +AP. Much better to continue to slowly progrss than to hit gear walls.

Legion mythic + and instanced content in general > old dungeon system, raids are good, and plentiful.

Order hall > Garrison. More balanced, less all consuming, app added.

Transmog Legion system > Past Transmog system

Paragon rep > no paragon rep

World scaling > no world scaling

Alt catchups are now aggressive and make alts easy to gear and maintain

Flying while its relevant

PVP in the past >= PVP in the present

Top 0.5% of raiders who want to unsub between raids ease of competing in the past > present

Forum whiners in the past >= Forum whiners in the present

I honestly believe that if people were to be asked this question about the ultimate fate of the expansion *before* 7.2, the answer would have been largely positive. Yeah, there are people who complain about legendaries, but my experience with players I encounter daily is that everyone's mostly enjoyed them (except when it appears the RNG works against you.)

Unfortunately, I think asking the question *NOW* will breed a much different answer. We're in the middle of a patch cycle with largely forgettable content, time-gated by a "story" that consists of Do-X/Kill-X/Find-X quests and nothing else, and we won't get relief from that until probably close to the end of the year. I know I'm pretty much done with my mains and just working on alts now because of this, whereas three months ago I wouldn't *dream* of having started leveling an alt; the minute alts become my priority, I know there's something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I can tell you this, with all the people complaining about not having anything to do in 7.2 Blizzard is going to get very shy about adding class specific content in the future.

To add this much class specific content in a game that was also made so alt unfriendly was a MAJOR mistake.

Clearly, the way to make content replayable is to make the game alt friendly... the more alts/classes/races you have... the more opportunities to replay content.

They removed most of he reasons people play alts, then made so much class specific content for those alts to engage in.

Sure it might have been enough reason... until they hit endgame and crafting was garbage, and any time you spent on alts would be wasted.

Wasted? Yes. Want those faction mounts? You better be grinding all sources of REP on ONE character to get as many paragon chests full of garbage you can. Want your legendaries? Better not waste your time on alts.

Oh and grind order hall resources so you can do all the rep token missions, and the Legionfall missions. Ultimately, spending time on alts is taking away form your main. Moreso now than at any time in WoW history.

Broken Shore, the "largest content patch in WoW history", is such an absolute joke.

Hell... Isle of Quel'danas was more rewarding in less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    World quests are dailies, there's nothing different except where you pick up the quest. They just renamed them because of all the MoP daily hate. Legion has more dailies, and with more repetition, than any other xp. At least the Mop dailies ended.
    Spot on.

I would like to add that WQs are even worse because they are mostly just recycled leveling quests/content. Oldschool dailies at least offered fresh, new content starting at max level.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    To add this much class specific content in a game that was also made so alt unfriendly was a MAJOR mistake.

Clearly, the way to make content replayable is to make the game alt friendly... the more alts/classes/races you have... the more opportunities to replay content.

They removed most of he reasons people play alts, then made so much class specific content for those alts to engage in.

Sure it might have been enough reason... until they hit endgame and crafting was garbage, and any time you spent on alts would be wasted.

Wasted? Yes. Want those faction mounts? You better be grinding all sources of REP on ONE character to get as many paragon chests full of garbage you can. Want your legendaries? Better not waste your time on alts.

Oh and grind order hall resources so you can do all the rep token missions, and the Legionfall missions. Ultimately, spending time on alts is taking away form your main. Moreso now than at any time in WoW history.

Broken Shore, the "largest content patch in WoW history", is such an absolute joke.

Hell... Isle of Quel'danas was more rewarding in less time.
    This. I stopped doing emissaries on alts because i couldn't even stand doing another WQ after clearing the board with my overgeared main, farming paragon caches. And got shit till i stopped logging my main last week.

Broken Shore. Lol. Broken patch, with such a compelling story to open the Tomb. They mock and spit in the face of their players with the sorry excuse of the Legionfall campaign.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-06-02 at 11:13 PM.