Thread: Frost Scythe

Frost Scythe

So I just spent the past 2 hours on the PTR playing with with Frostscythe and now that it has the Rime proc it feels wonderful to play. I haven't had this much fun on my frost DK since DW frost tanking back in Wrath (I knew the right way to do it). however the low ST damage of frost scythe really bothers me. It'd be really nice if it got a modifier so that IF Frostscythe only hits 1 target, it will deal damage equivalent to 50% the damage of Oblit. that way those that don't like downtime in their playstyle can still compete ST. Even with this addition it won't beat Oblit in the hands of a great player but without it Frostscythe is REALLY bad ST. This buff would make at least casual playable.
    Last edited by Wardonis; 2017-06-02 at 04:57 AM.

frost scythe isn't meant to be used single target so it won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    frost scythe isn't meant to be used single target so it won't happen
    with the addition of the Rime to frost scythe, ST finally feals good. You don't have 25% downtime in your rotation anymore. Oblit would still be better, but this would make it usable for those that want a faster rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    with the addition of the Rime to frost scythe, ST finally feals good. You don't have 25% downtime in your rotation anymore. Oblit would still be better, but this would make it usable for those that want a faster rotation.
    Unfortunately, going forward, Rime is going to be much less important than what it is now. With the blast radius nerf coupled with us losing t19 set bonuses, fscythe getting rime probably won't be enough to justify using it, especially considering how well gathering storm works with BoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerokin View Post
    Unfortunately, going forward, Rime is going to be much less important than what it is now. With the blast radius nerf coupled with us losing t19 set bonuses, fscythe getting rime probably won't be enough to justify using it, especially considering how well gathering storm works with BoS.
    So one would assume then with the new legendary ring we would dual select runic attenuation then simply for the minute runic power addition to fuel bos?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbagumps View Post
    So one would assume then with the new legendary ring we would dual select runic attenuation then simply for the minute runic power addition to fuel bos?
    Just dont use the ring. Probably SoN ring+ bracers. Slight chance for chest.

New legendary ring looks useless.

At least in AE situations, Frostscythe + Howlingblast is really good. Rime proccs from almost every Frostscythe if you have 3+ targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by usernr333 View Post
    At least in AE situations, Frostscythe + Howlingblast is really good. Rime proccs from almost every Frostscythe if you have 3+ targets.
    Forgive me if I misread you but Frostscythe isn't 22.5% per target hit. It's 22.5% per cast.

So how would you get a Rime almost every FSc?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Forgive me if I misread you but Frostscythe isn't 22.5% per target hit. It's 22.5% per cast.

Maybe they have it built like the Vile Gas on the Unholy Abomination used to proc Uvanimor in Aoe situations, where it was 10% per target so you would get more procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post

It seems the chance increases per target, i tested it on ptr and with 5 targets i get always a rimeprocc. Maybe this doesnt work as intended.
    It is really boring though. ^^
    Last edited by usernr333; 2017-06-03 at 04:15 AM.

worst part about frost scythe is finding a spot on my bar for it now

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    Shift/alt modifier with Obliterate. When you ST - Oblit, when more AoE - FS

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    You don't have space for it? Is that possible with all the pruning that happened?