Poll: Why do you think Blizzard "really" took out AK 50?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    I heard rumors, that's all...
    You based a thread around a rumor? Please get out of here with these toxic polls.

Deleted
    They want to test something. They want to prevent us from burning out, while giving us the choice to burnout.

But why give us that choice? Why is it so important to have an unreachible ceiling. Also, there will be no catch up mechanic anymore once the last AK goes out.
    Just... Legion has been an exercise in developer arrogance. From class design to systems design it's all arrogance. They broke things, they are beeing told to fix them and they don't give a scooby and want to keep using us as long term beta testers/test subjects on how much can you endure until you stop playing the game.

Honestly, i can't stand the current dev team. They need to be humbled. Those people are paid in gold, but can't figure out that constant repetition does not equal fun.

I can't wait for the next expansion IF they learn from their mistakes, but Legion has long been soured to me. Can't wait to move on. I don't even care about Argus and Sargeras.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-03 at 11:10 PM.

AK was nerfed not because of the 0.1% of people chasing after filling up their bars. It was nerfed so when new players and alts come in, it extends the time it takes them to fill out their weapons to concordance.

At 40 it's still a decent time commitment. At 45/50 you'd be done in a week or two of half-assed play.

Thus - they are conniving fucks. Nothing I've seen about this expac cannot be explained by looking at everything through the lens of driving up "player engagement" (ie gates and time sinks).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Why is it so important to have an unreachible ceiling.
    Personally I like being able to improve my character a bit, no matter what I do - even if slowly.
    So let me turn this around - why is it so important to have something you can "reach" or "finish"?

Very soon there will be a point where the only reason you still do "constant repetition" is your own choice. Additional levels of Concordance not only add very little, percentage-wise there is even diminishing returns on your overall power increase. Everyone "burning out" from M+ farming in 7.2 did this to themself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Personally I like being able to improve my character a bit, no matter what I do - even if slowly.
    So let me turn this around - why is it so important to have something you can "reach" or "finish"?

Very soon there will be a point where the only reason you still do "constant repetition" is your own choice. Additional levels of Concordance not only add very little, percentage-wise there is even diminishing returns on your overall power increase. Everyone "burning out" from M+ farming in 7.2 did this to themself.
    Completionism. We are humans, we like stories that have an ending. A neverending journey is tireing and stressful, the opposite of what a game should be (fun).

On practical terms, it gives an advantage to those that simply have more time over those with jobs and other duties. So, it becomes a literal "no-life" race. That is demented design in my opinion.

Also, NO, they didn't do it to themselves. They did it because the game REWARDS them for doing it.

Like, that narritive needs to end. This is ALL Blizzards designer's fault. Just draw comparison's with Pavlov. Instead of the bell and food, its the AP and the trait. Imagine that everytime pavlov rang the bell, he decided to give less and less food to the dog everytime. If the dog was intelligent at one point he woud say: What the hell man?!
    Acording to your logic, Pavlov would respond: You did this to yourself.

No, the chain of effects created an expectation. That was purposidly created by Pavlov and by the designers. Pavlov wasn't a dick though.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-03 at 11:32 PM.

I'll go for "honest mistake" because I don't think they realized that people were planning to keep grinding for Concordance points. They nerfed it so that people would let that go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Because with 50 ak farming concordance would still be reasonable.
    No, it really wouldn't. You'd just hit the point where it becomes idiotic a few points later.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    I heard rumors, that's all...
    No. You're click baiting your article. Not happening.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    At 40 it's still a decent time commitment. At 45/50 you'd be done in a week or two of half-assed play.
    Decent time commitment? How long do you reckon it takes from 1 to 52 with AK40? How long do you reckon a new player *should* take to get to a decent max level? Surely, they should not be handed it for free, right?

You need about 2.2 Billion AP to get 52 points. At AK40, you can do this in two weeks of active play, three max (WQs, some raids, some M+), or a couple more if you are lazy.
    Two to three weeks is too long to catch up? Really? Better have it all on day one, but wait, then you have nothing to do and come complaining again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    AK was nerfed not because of the 0.1% of people chasing after filling up their bars. It was nerfed so when new players and alts come in, it extends the time it takes them to fill out their weapons to concordance.

Thus - they are conniving fucks. Nothing I've seen about this expac cannot be explained by looking at everything through the lens of driving up "player engagement" (ie gates and time sinks).
    It was nerfed because 52 points is all Blizzard cares about and at AK 40 it's well within reason to advance to that in the time frame Blizzard expects the average person to hit it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

On practical terms, it gives an advantage to those that simply have more time over those with jobs and other duties. So, it becomes a literal "no-life" race. That is demented design in my opinion.

Also, NO, they didn't do it to themselves. They did it because the game REWARDS them for doing it.
    Anyone that actively farms concordance beyond the first couple levels just wasted their time. The difference in power is so minimal that you can just let them do it and they gain practically nothing.

Sure, there is a reward, but is its a meaningful tangible reward appropriate for the time investment? Not really. Anyone not seeing this only has themself to blame.
    Without wipping out the calculator, my gut would say that 10 level in concordance or so is where the cost becomes too great for the gain. Every 3 level you add is basically the same AP as leveling a new weapon to the same spot.

What I often think is happening is that people still think of the Nighthold situation and the 20 bonus level. Those 20 bonus level scaled entirely differently, both in power and cost, where it was entirely feasible to farm them and it made your character super powerful to have them. Concordance is none of that, the cost increases exponentially, and the power gains are small (and the more you get, even less impactful).
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-06-03 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you forgot the op is an idiot option
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    They probably nerfed it so they can buff it when the next tier after ToS releases.

Deleted
    Anyone that actively farms concordance beyond the first couple levels just wasted their time. The difference in power is so minimal that you can just let them do it and they gain practically nothing.

Sure, there is a reward, but is its a meaningful tangible reward appropriate for the time investment? Not really. Anyone not seeing this only has themself to blame.
    Without wipping out the calculator, my gut would say that 10 level in concordance or so is where the cost becomes too great for the gain. Every 3 level you add is basically the same AP as leveling a new weapon to the same spot.

What I often think is happening is that people still think of the Nighthold situation and the 20 bonus level. Those 20 bonus level scaled entirely differently, both in power and cost, where it was entirely feasible to farm them and it made your character super powerful to have them. Concordance is none of that, the cost increases exponentially, and the power gains are small (and the more you get, even less impactful).
    If at one point it isn't achievable anymore, the question still stands: Why have it at all? Just to prove a point and burnout the userbase? How is this making the game more fun?

If at one point it isn't achievable anymore, the question still stands: Why have it at all? Just to prove a point and burnout the userbase? How is this making the game more fun?
    That comes back to the same question for me, why does it burn you out just because it exists? Do you have no self-control to play the game in moderation? Do we need to handhold every player?

Deleted
    That comes back to the same question for me, why does it burn you out just because it exists? Do you have no self-control to play the game in moderation? Do we need to handhold every player?
    I already answered that. Did you now move into personal attacks as the nextstep? I edited my previous post with an example on why what you say isn't the case.
    No, need to handhold, but you can't create expectations and then take them away and blame the test subject. It's inhumane.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-03 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    the AK is dropped to 40 but the power of concordance itself is buffed a lot.

Fox example:

the buffed concordance delivers 7000 mainstat on paragon 11. paragon 11 takes some time, but its quite doable with AK40 for nearly any player.

to receive 7000 main stat with the old concordance would require paragon 26. Even with AK50 the necessary amount of tokens (or rather base ap) would be 5 times higher than paragon 11 with ak 40. Only the hardcore enthusiats would manage to get paragon 26 in 2k17 with the old state.

long story short, the effectiveness of AP is increased by 500% (with 7.2.5).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-06-04 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Because with 50 ak farming concordance would still be reasonable.
    At 50 you would grind up to 75 traits within 1.2k arc/hov 15+
    At 40 you would grind up to 65 traits within 1.2k arc/hov 15+

However old concordance 75 traits would give you 6600 stat proc vs new concordance giving 7900 stat proc at 65.

For example the 65 trait stat proc at 7900 is equal to 81.5 traits with the old system (81 is 7800 and 82 8000).

TLDR the new system is just better all around, and they did good on that (finally).

Why do you think Tutorialblox "really" posted this poll?

[ ] He's an idiot
    [ ] He's a troll
    [ ] He's a trolling idiot
    [ ] He made an honest mistake

They wanted AK for now to make it viable to easily hit the first point of concordance, they realized 40 was more than enough and stopped it before it got out of hand. At 50 you'd easily get from no points in a weapon to concordance (like 3 +10 dungeons or something would do it) When we're headed towards Argus in 7.3 they'll probably raise AK so that everything you did in the meantime is mostly meaningless and people that were unsubbed could catch up easily
    Last edited by superhumanj; 2017-06-04 at 03:47 AM.