Resto Shaman: so how do you find the Grevious affix?

I didn't have fun today in M+ dungeons.

This affix is completely hostile to Shamans: our mastery doesn't make any difference here cause we always topping off, Ancestral Vigor is useless, SLT is useless, etc.

What especially pissed me off is that party members could have eaten some food during trash pulls instead of standing around like idiots waiting for me to heal them to full and then rushing off into combat (like i didnt need to drink to replenish my mana before pulls).

I feel like our high cost spells should hit harder. Vigor actually hurts you on Grev. I am going to trycloudburst. Outside of Ag I feel pretty helpless and I am a 918 Resto shaman with 7% vers

Deleted
    have everyone eat fighter chow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post

This affix is completely hostile to Shamans: our mastery doesn't make any difference here cause we always topping off, Ancestral Vigor is useless, SLT is useless, etc.

What especially pissed me off is that party members could have eaten some food during trash pulls instead of standing around like idiots waiting for me to heal them to full and then rushing off into combat (like i didnt need to drink to replenish my mana before pulls).
    I was going to reply with the exact same wording. I understand that speed is the point to mythic + runs but lets be smart here and help out the healer and try to eat or self heal yourself while I try to single target the other 3 parties members above 90%. Its bad enough that everyone is spread out far and running away while I am casting but now you guys wanna run away from me and tick even lower into the next trash pull. We still 2 chest most of my runs last night but man it was stressful. Regardless of your healers this week dps, please do what you can to help us out following a taxing trash pull. It will make the run go faster if you do what you can to get your own health up.

Deleted
    Hello. I pushed from +14 to +19 last night but obviously not with pugs. This affix is (maybe) the most challenging imo. It is like it was designed around countering our mastery (which is our best stat and probably we are deep stacked because of its effectiveness in raids).

What I found really helpful is to communicate to the group and after each pack, have them stack up on a healing rain and top them off.
    What I also found is that the situation becomes awful when 3+ group members get deep stacked with the debuff. In that occasion I found that spaming and topping 1 target is the best option, letting the 2nd use a personal and maybe the 3rd gets a BOP from a paladin.

All in all, a hard affix for resto, but can be worked with good communication and planning ahead.

If you get into a situation in which several party members have the debuff, tell them to stack on you, and use gift of the queen, potentially with the perfectly preserved cake trinket, if you have it.

Deleted
    I go ele then take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    If you get into a situation in which several party members have the debuff, tell them to stack on you, and use gift of the queen, potentially with the perfectly preserved cake trinket, if you have it.
    What's the significance of the Cake trinket in relation to Gift of the Queen?

What i did instead is changed my gear around to get more +Crit and used the Undulation trait. Helped a lot.

When stacked, the cake gives all an absorb shield. It temporarily prevents the grievous debuff from lowering the HP, giving your healing spells a higher chance to heal past 90%.

Due to the weakness of our mastery during this affix. Stacking more crit/vers works out much easier.

I feel this affix is unfriendly for most healers, not only resto shamans.

Druids cant let their hots tick to slowly top off people, which diminishes the value of their rejuvs.
    Holy priests have a hot-based mastery so their mastery's value is diminished just like shamans'
    The only healer whose toolkit is not affected by this affix is the holy paladin.

What's the significance of the Cake trinket in relation to Gift of the Queen?

What i did instead is changed my gear around to get more +Crit and used the Undulation trait. Helped a lot.

Cake stops the bleeding long enough to top off low party members

You kinda have to take the spiritwalkers grace trait to heal on the run between packs.

Tell your dps that if they aren't topped off after a pull they need to stay in range of you, starting a difficult trash pull w/ existing stacks can be pretty cancerous. The most important change to playstyle for this affix is that when things go to hell, and multiple people have grievous - DO NOT TRIAGE. Pick one party member w/ stacks, and spam them until they're cleared. If you try to rotate healing surges on different people as they dip you'll end up overwhelmed with party-wide grievous. I like undulation+cloudburst for grievous, but I've found it's generally been much easier on fortified than it was on some of the higher tyrannical bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    Wondering now, how good is this food for this affix? Lol.

Deleted
    it counters 5 stacks

Bolded part makes healing very unfun for me. I main dps but I have a resto shaman alt and this kinda behavior is guaranteed in 10 out of 10 m+ dungeon runs. Timer is a big part of it but mainly its just people being dick heads and cant wait 2sec for combat to drop so you can start drinking. Let alone actually healing themselves with food or spells

Quote Originally Posted by obesemidget View Post
    Cake stops the bleeding long enough to top off low party members

You kinda have to take the spiritwalkers grace trait to heal on the run between packs.
    Cake CD is too long :/

Quote Originally Posted by jayheals View Post
    Tell your dps that if they aren't topped off after a pull they need to stay in range of you, starting a difficult trash pull w/ existing stacks can be pretty cancerous.
    Yeah i simply left a +11 DHT yesterday cause the retard tank was constantly chainpulling 3 packs without letting debuff fall off when i was at 12% mana

Got whisper curses from the DPS, told them to find a better tank next time. CBA playing like that.
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-06-04 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    This is the key for all Healers IMO. Fighter Chow is so much more useful for Grievous than stat food. I was lucky and had smart groups last night. Most used Fighter Chow and most waited to be topped off after each fight if they were below 90%.

My gear is Crit/Haste heavy because I've been running as Ele mainly so that also helped. I ran with my usual M+ setup of Undulation, Crashing Waves, Echo and Ascendance and most of my healing was Riptide and Surge.

I healed through a +16 BRH and +17 CoS at ilvl 905 and didn't find it too much troubling. Undulation and Cloudburst rock that affix.
    Withouth undulation you'll indeed have a hard time getting the debuff of the tank. Cloudburst easily dismisses all your worries about your group. Even if 3 or 4 people are at 5 stacks you can keep them alive due to our mastery and a well fed cloudburst will top them off clearing all debuffs. Also sheldrassil's roots are quite strong (as always) because they counter your own dot, giving you time to worry about dps and tank.

Deleted
    That affix is challenging for every healer. Some are hurt a little more though. It really depends on the ability of the healer to top-off people fast. On my Resto Druid I found it VERY hard yesterday. If someone goes to 5 stacks even a full stack of my hots was not able to top them again. Outside of Swiftmend topping people off fast is not really a strength of the Druid.

It was FAR easier on my Paladin who can heal for 1m+ on a flash heal with procs. Wings also help greatly if you have to top the whole group very fast after a big AoE hit.

On the Shaman it is still okay. Tidal Waves + Undulation + Healing Surge can top someone fast and Cloudburst can help with AoE damage.

At least for the healers I play it is Paladin > Shaman > Druid in face of Grievous affix.