Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    No Bush did what had to be done. Saddam was gonna lose control eventually and he was a massive dick.

It's all on Obama for being a stupid populist and pulling out of Iraq. Obama singlehandedly created Isis.
    lol, okay whatever makes you feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Wasn't it the Irakish Al Qaida that became ISIS/Daesh? Taliaban is mainly a domestic (Afghan) organization, that only got in the spotlight for harboring/helping Bin Laden?
    There is a significant number of free-floating mujahideen that congregate where the climate is more ideal.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    Cut off one(bearded) head and two more shall take its place.
    Well the percentage of dangerous Muslims is what? 5%?

If you kill one of the radical Muslims he'll be hard to replace. What many of you saying that there is an endless pool of Muslims that can be turned into blood thirsty murdering Muslim terrorists is untrue. They're not all violent murdering people. For many it truly is the religion of peace.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    You will destroy ISIS but you wont stop terrorism, just as ISIS came from the Taliban, so will another form from ISIS. Terrorism is like a cockroach. Killing them will inspire others to take up arms to their influence will just spread

So its also like cancer... cockroaches with cancer... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

FAKE NEWS!!! god king Trump said that ISIS would be defeat swiftly in 30 days after he became president with his super secret plan he would get from his generals. Since it's been over 130 days surely ISIS has been wiped from the face of the earth as he promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well the percentage of dangerous Muslims is what? 5%?

If you kill one of the radical Muslims he'll be hard to replace. What many of you saying that there is an endless pool of Muslims that can be turned into blood thirsty murdering Muslim terrorists is untrue. They're not all violent murdering people. For many it truly is the religion of peace.
    I wasnt making a statement on muslim demographics but rather the resilient and seductive nature of violent extremism.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Militarily ISIS is on its lasts legs

I look at alot of gore videos and i sometimes see ISIS suicide attacks and nearly all of them are carried out by children!

When Mosul and Raqqa falls ISIS as a caliphate is done but its idealogy will live on and that is gonna be a fucking problem for decades to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post

Short summary:

This is very inspiring - knowing that there are powers willing to kill them all.
    "Kill them all" how very civilised of you.

I like Mattis, he is a legend among Marines for his steadfast character. However, I don't know if this tactic is going to be as successful as people want it to be. ISIS is a symptom, and effect of a previous problem that was never dealt with properly. Annihilating them is great, so long as we do not create more terrorists in the process. We must take all possible efforts to avoid civilian casualties, because if we don't, we'll be fighting the same war against different people in a few years.

People are panicky and ignorant. They believe the shit others tell them. In Iraq and Syria, if people are saying that Americans are murdering innocent people, a large percentage of the population is going to believe it. The more evidence and proof that we give them, the worse it's going to be for us. It's not about building schools or handing out candy and supplies, it's about being the clear better choice for the people to support. We lost that around late 2004, and we never got it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh...

I'm not entirely sure how much I like it. I'd prefer the focus was on helping the local governments fighting ISIS. I fear that US, at this point, cannot properly destroy the idea of ISIS. It just gets reborn under different name and management, but with the same message.

I think US should keep it's focus on the crumbling Russia and rising China.

7+ Year Old Account
    Burn them down............

Deleted
    contrary to what Mr Trudeau thinks, if you kill your enemy, they don't win, because they are dead.

I'd value the life of a single westerner above the lives of the entirety of ISIS.

Kill them all.

7+ Year Old Account
    ISIS will be wiped out and the US will blow the heads of anyone that dares to try and follow in their footsteps while bribing those that will oppose them.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Wasn't it the Irakish Al Qaida that became ISIS/Daesh? Taliaban is mainly a domestic (Afghan) organization, that only got in the spotlight for harboring/helping Bin Laden, (apart from the atrocities they do in their own country of course)?
    Yes. Al Qaeda became ISIS/ISIL and Al Nusra. Both terror groups that plagued Syria and Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    ISIS will be wiped out and the US will blow the heads of anyone that dares to try and follow in their footsteps while bribing those that will oppose them.
    We tried that before, and it didn't really work. That's how we got ISIS in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We tried that before, and it didn't really work. That's how we got ISIS in the first place.
    So you're saying that Muslims are extremely easy to radicalize? That any slight is enough to push them into a blind rage where they slaughter innocent people willy nilly? That's some scary stuff.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Goes pretty damn well if we go by kill ratio, 15.000 dead isis fighters for every 1 us soldier for example, they cant win shit only keep blending in with civilians making it only take longer to kill them, we only get a very very small portion of the terrorism the rest are in the middleast and they are pretty good at dealing with it down there now with alot of experience so im pretty certain they can handle whatever remains that spring up later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So you're saying that Muslims are extremely easy to radicalize? That any slight is enough to push them into a blind rage where they slaughter innocent people willy nilly? That's some scary stuff.
    All humans are easy to radicalize.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a bloody lie. You got ISIS when that imbecile people called a president Obama withdrew from Iraq, then launched supported the rebels in a civil war in the country right next door.

I've been following this since ISIS wasn't even a thing on most people's maps. Regime change wars and arming of rebel groups led to this, NOT US bombing campaigns against extremists. It's like claiming the drone campaigns led to ISIS, or GITMO or torture. What a joke.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-06-04 at 04:35 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Goes pretty damn well if we go by kill ratio, 15.000 dead isis fighters for every 1 us soldier for example, they cant win shit only keep blending in with civilians making it only take longer to kill them, we only get a very very small portion of the terrorism the rest are in the middleast and they are pretty good at dealing with it down there now with alot of experience so im pretty certain they can handle whatever remains that spring up later on.
    Kill ratios don't mean much, if we manage to also kill civilians in the process. We had that exact same mentality after wiping the floor with Saddam and his armies. We kicked the shit out of them. After that, we got bogged down in sectarian fighting, political bullshit, and it turned into a gigantic pissing match between remnants of the old regime, clerics, and warlords.

We lost in Vietnam, even though we killed lots of the "bad guys." The same can be said for Korea. Kill count doesn't mean a whole lot, not if you cannot change people's minds.