Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wowprogress - m+ done last few days not updating?

I know there has been some issues with wowprogress and its updating after the new armory was released. However, the page does seem to update your character page now when you click on the update button, but all the m+ done the last 3 days are still not showing. Anyone know if this will be fixed? Or is there a way to fix it your self?

I see many runs with this week's affixes so it is definetly updating.
    Are your runs high enough to appear in the realms top100 of that week? because otherwise there's no way to track them. If they don't appear on the wow site, no way for wowprogress to get your run.

wowprogress is super broken, tracks my +7/8 runs and not my 10+ runs
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    I see many runs with this week's affixes so it is definetly updating.
    Are your runs high enough to appear in the realms top100 of that week? because otherwise there's no way to track them. If they don't appear on the wow site, no way for wowprogress to get your run.
    What do you mean? It for example shows vault of the wardens +10 as the highest I have done, but I did vault of the wardens +18 yesterday, and its not showing up the site, even though my page is updated

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicated View Post
    I know there has been some issues with wowprogress and its updating after the new armory was released. However, the page does seem to update your character page now when you click on the update button, but all the m+ done the last 3 days are still not showing. Anyone know if this will be fixed? Or is there a way to fix it your self?
    This is prolly because of the updates blizzard have been making to the website. Lots of data isn't updating properly for sites that are pulling info from the API's.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune

+1 Too many changes

Deleted
    It's now almost a month that M+ runs are not being updated, at least for my server (pozzo dell'eternità, italian realm). I wrote them many emails with proof of something going wrong (runs done early in the week and showing on worldofwarcraft.com leaderboards but not in wowprogress) but no answer at al.
    It's so annoying since more and more ppl are requiring wowprogress score > XXX for high-end runs, and declining my applications for my score is much lower than it should have been. Hope they fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TomasMilian View Post
    It's now almost a month that M+ runs are not being updated, at least for my server (pozzo dell'eternità, italian realm). I wrote them many emails with proof of something going wrong (runs done early in the week and showing on worldofwarcraft.com leaderboards but not in wowprogress) but no answer at al.
    It's so annoying since more and more ppl are requiring wowprogress score > XXX for high-end runs, and declining my applications for my score is much lower than it should have been. Hope they fix it soon.
    Hey TomasMilian, that sucks. I was curious to see if Raider.IO was also having this same problem with your realm. Could you post your character's name so I could verify?

I was able to check for runs completed by players on Pozzo dell'Eternità and found some recent activity, like this +22 Eye of Azshara from 2 days ago (https://raider.io/mythic-plus/runs/5...eye-of-azshara). However, I'd like to be able to verify your specific case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspir View Post
    Hey TomasMilian, that sucks. I was curious to see if Raider.IO was also having this same problem with your realm. Could you post your character's name so I could verify?

I was able to check for runs completed by players on Pozzo dell'Eternità and found some recent activity, like this +22 Eye of Azshara from 2 days ago (). However, I'd like to be able to verify your specific case.
    My char is named Soundgàrden (cannot post links yet... sigh)

Being a php programmer i suspected the italian à in my name could have caused encoding issues, but i found at least another player from my realm with no odd characters at all in the name and still lacking stuff. Another issue could be with the same character in the server name, but that would have been an issue for the whole server... This is all very odd.

p.s. raider.io is also missing some runs, i.e. darkheart thicket run from yesterday afternoon CEST on "pozzo dell'eternità", but i suppose that could be because too few time has passed?

Being a php programmer i suspected the italian à in my name could have caused encoding issues, but i found at least another player from my realm with no odd characters at all in the name and still lacking stuff. Another issue could be with the same character in the server name, but that would have been an issue for the whole server... This is all very odd.

p.s. raider.io is also missing some runs, i.e. darkheart thicket run from yesterday afternoon CEST on "pozzo dell'eternità", but i suppose that could be because too few time has passed?
    Your character name on wowprogress shows on realm "well-of-eternity", but the leaderboards seem to be at:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...halls-of-valor

Maybe wowprogress is trying to parse from "well-of-eternity" instead of "pozzo-delleternita" and that's why it gets an error for your entire realm.

Cool, thanks for sending that.

I can't speak towards what Wowprogress does, but I checked your character on Raider.IO and we actually do have the run - it just isn't your highest scoring run, and by default we only show your highest scoring run from each dungeon. However, if you click the "All Runs" tab you'll see your +17 Darkheart Thicket. Here's a direct link to your run that you're looking for: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/runs/5...kheart-thicket

I can't speak towards what Wowprogress does, but I checked your character on Raider.IO and we actually do have the run - it just isn't your highest scoring run, and by default we only show your highest scoring run from each dungeon. However, if you click the "All Runs" tab you'll see your +17 Darkheart Thicket. Here's a direct link to your run that you're looking for: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/runs/5...kheart-thicket
    Bit ot, however since you are from raider.io I gotta ask. How does the scoring system work (compared to wowprogress)? What are the requirements for a run to be classified as a "scored run"? E.g. I have +19 arcway which was over time by 2 minutes, and +21 arcway which was over time by about 12 minutes I think. The first is scored, the second isn't.

EDIT: likely figured it out... one was mine fresh key, the other was already depleted key owned by a guild member.

I'm not sure which ranking system I like more... on one hand I don't like how small importance the time has on WoWprogress (if I time +19 I shouldn't be under the guy who went 30 minutes over on +20), on the other I think +21 with ~10 minutes over time is still a higher . accomplishment than barely timed 19. Would be nice to know the exact formula (although I get why you might want to keep that a secret). Whether the key was fresh or depleted should not be of any importance however.
    Last edited by pseudoJ; 2017-06-04 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    Bit ot, however since you are from raider.io I gotta ask. How does the scoring system work (compared to wowprogress)? What are the requirements for a run to be classified as a "scored run"? E.g. I have +19 arcway which was over time by 2 minutes, and +21 arcway which was over time by about 12 minutes I think. The first is scored, the second isn't.

EDIT: likely figured it out... one was mine fresh key, the other was already depleted key owned by a guild member.

I'm not sure which ranking system I like more... on one hand I don't like how small importance the time has on WoWprogress (if I time +19 I shouldn't be under the guy who went 30 minutes over on +20), on the other I think +21 with ~10 minutes over time is still a higher . accomplishment than barely timed 19. Would be nice to know the exact formula (although I get why you might want to keep that a secret). Whether the key was fresh or depleted should not be of any importance however.
    Heyas - so we aren't able to know whether the key you are using to run an instance is actually depleted, but the main difference between how Raider.IO scores vs how Wowprogress scores, is: Raider.IO provides an exponential increase in score value the higher your key, and puts real importance on completing runs in time.

Regarding the algorithm, we took the viewpoint of rewarding in a similar way to the game. If you fail the timer, your keystone depletes (or downgrades- in 7.2.5). There's no "partial" downgrade or "partial" depletion. Blizzard has created a hard cut-off where once you are 1 millisecond over the timer, then you have not completed it successfully in their eyes. Because of this, if you go over the timer you incur an immediate score penalty, which then increases as time continues to go over.

Part of this is that we didn't want someone who was 1 second over the timer to feel like there's no point to run it again to shave off that extra second, because the scoring system would only give them a small amount of points. On Raider.IO, if you go from a run that was 1 second over timer to a run that was 1 second under timer, you will see a sizable jump in score. We felt this provided motivation that was more in-line with that of the game mechanics themselves.

We also wanted to deter "score farming" abuse that we've seen elsewhere, where high level keys were repeatedly run while depleted, far over the timer, just to get additional ranking points. We wanted your score to be based mostly on the keys you are successfully running, which then would provide what we hope is a more accurate view of each player's "skill".

We're still definitely gathering data and feedback from players on this system so we can make sure to tweak the parameters to feels right to most people.

Heyas - so we aren't able to know whether the key you are using to run an instance is actually depleted, but the main difference between how Raider.IO scores vs how Wowprogress scores, is: Raider.IO provides an exponential increase in score value the higher your key, and puts real importance on completing runs in time.

Regarding the algorithm, we took the viewpoint of rewarding in a similar way to the game. If you fail the timer, your keystone depletes (or downgrades- in 7.2.5). There's no "partial" downgrade or "partial" depletion. Blizzard has created a hard cut-off where once you are 1 millisecond over the timer, then you have not completed it successfully in their eyes. Because of this, if you go over the timer you incur an immediate score penalty, which then increases as time continues to go over.

Part of this is that we didn't want someone who was 1 second over the timer to feel like there's no point to run it again to shave off that extra second, because the scoring system would only give them a small amount of points. On Raider.IO, if you go from a run that was 1 second over timer to a run that was 1 second under timer, you will see a sizable jump in score. We felt this provided motivation that was more in-line with that of the game mechanics themselves.

We also wanted to deter "score farming" abuse that we've seen elsewhere, where high level keys were repeatedly run while depleted, far over the timer, just to get additional ranking points. We wanted your score to be based mostly on the keys you are successfully running, which then would provide what we hope is a more accurate view of each player's "skill".

We're still definitely gathering data and feedback from players on this system so we can make sure to tweak the parameters to feels right to most people.
    In that case I've just presented you with an example that your scoring method is flawed -- a +19 even if completed in time (say 1s under) is still significantly easier than +21 with 12 minutes over. Yet your system would score the 19 higher -- worse it would score it higher even when it too is over the time, just less so compared to that +21. (I can PM you the exact runs if you are interested since I'm not yet at the level where I feel comfortable showing my results publicly).

This might also not be comparable to how game designers saw things (which is apparent by their changes to 7.2.5). Not completing the dungeon it time doesn't mean it is "too hard for you" -- which I think is comparable to raider.io ignoring the fact that you can complete the dungeon. On contrary completing the dungeon in time means "it's too easy for you, here have a bigger challenge".

That said I agree that your model is in general the better way. However with the current weights of the parameters involved I would argue it is worse than wowprogress'

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    In that case I've just presented you with an example that your scoring method is flawed -- a +19 even if completed in time (say 1s under) is still significantly easier than +21 with 12 minutes over. Yet your system would score the 19 higher -- worse it would score it higher even when it too is over the time, just less so compared to that +21. (I can PM you the exact runs if you are interested since I'm not yet at the level where I feel comfortable showing my results publicly).

This might also not be comparable to how game designers saw things (which is apparent by their changes to 7.2.5). Not completing the dungeon it time doesn't mean it is "too hard for you" -- which I think is comparable to raider.io ignoring the fact that you can complete the dungeon. On contrary completing the dungeon in time means "it's too easy for you, here have a bigger challenge".

That said I agree that your model is in general the better way. However with the current weights of the parameters involved I would argue it is worse than wowprogress'
    I certainly don't disagree that this specific example you've given doesn't "feel" right.

If you can PM me the exact runs that'd be great for some concrete examples. We're going to be doing a tuning pass soon, so some real world examples with feedback from a player on the run, combined with aggregate Mythic+ stats we collect will definitely help inform how exactly we tune the parameters.

I think that someone who is one second over doesn't need extra motivation to re-run the dungeon. With just one second missing, the high likelihood of successfully upgrading the key is by itself a significant motivation to re-run it.

Wowprogress scoring method has flaws, but it's better in my mind:

1. I's much simpler to understand -- it's basically just 10 points for each level completed, as the time makes little difference in score.

2. It more accurately reflects the difficulty of actually making the dungeon. In raider.io I'm getting a higher score for a +21 in time (with easy affixes!) than a 23 which was just about 10 minutes off (and with harder affixes). The 23 was much harder, and this is correctly reflected in wowprogress and not in raider.io.

I do think that the time has to be taken more into account than wowprogress does, but I'm not sure how. Maybe something linear. I'd remove the "jump" in your score system. It feels wrong that two runs that differ by two seconds, one being one second under, and one being one second over, differ so much in score, as it was not harder to get off those two seconds, basically it's just due to luck.

Another big issue that is present in both wowprogress and raider.io is ignoring the affixes while calculating the scores. The affixes make a difference, and create a huge "score farming" problem, in which people farm scores in a week with easy affixes.

A cathedral or upper kara on tyrannical is much more difficult to complete than on fortified, yet both get the same score in wowprogress and raider.io.

One way to solve this is to give a score to each different affix combo separately, and calculate the "overall" dungeon score based on an average of all the affixes. This will motivate people to actually run hard affixes as well to improve their overall dungeon score, and not just farm scores on easy affixes and be done with it.
    Last edited by Koor; 2017-06-05 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted

I can't speak towards what Wowprogress does, but I checked your character on Raider.IO and we actually do have the run - it just isn't your highest scoring run, and by default we only show your highest scoring run from each dungeon. However, if you click the "All Runs" tab you'll see your +17 Darkheart Thicket. Here's a direct link to your run that you're looking for: ...
    I realized a few seconds after writing my message but i couldn't edit it since it was being moderated, sorry.
    Anyway, since raider.IO seems to work perfectly, it looks the issue is with wowprogress updates and not with the wow apis, at least in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    I think that someone who is one second over doesn't need extra motivation to re-run the dungeon. With just one second missing, the high likelihood of successfully upgrading the key is by itself a significant motivation to re-run it.

Wowprogress scoring method has flaws, but it's better in my mind:

1. I's much simpler to understand -- it's basically just 10 points for each level completed, as the time makes little difference in score.

2. It more accurately reflects the difficulty of actually making the dungeon. In raider.io I'm getting a higher score for a +21 in time (with easy affixes!) than a 23 which was just about 10 minutes off (and with harder affixes). The 23 was much harder, and this is correctly reflected in wowprogress and not in raider.io.

I do think that the time has to be taken more into account than wowprogress does, but I'm not sure how. Maybe something linear. I'd remove the "jump" in your score system. It feels wrong that two runs that differ by two seconds, one being one second under, and one being one second over, differ so much in score, as it was not harder to get off those two seconds, basically it's just due to luck.

Another big issue that is present in both wowprogress and raider.io is ignoring the affixes while calculating the scores. The affixes make a difference, and create a huge "score farming" problem, in which people farm scores in a week with easy affixes.

A cathedral or upper kara on tyrannical is much more difficult to complete than on fortified, yet both get the same score in wowprogress and raider.io.

One way to solve this is to give a score to each different affix combo separately, and calculate the "overall" dungeon score based on an average of all the affixes. This will motivate people to actually run hard affixes as well to improve their overall dungeon score, and not just farm scores on easy affixes and be done with it.
    Cathedral and Kara giving the same score is IMHO fine -- it would needlessly complicate the system. One can always have a look at what dungeon exactly any person completed anyway.

As for affixes... I agree with you, however I don't think it would be possible to accurately score this. Some affixes by themselves are fine, it might be the combination which is an issue (e.g. both raging and teaming are okish, combined they are more annoying). Not to mention that different affix combination feel easier/harder in different dungeons.

This week my M+ isnt updating at all, i did many 15 and over and nothing. Today mu BRH from 13 ( yeah i k ow slacking ) went to 15 which i did 2 days ago and 1 hour ago went down to 13, same with wardens from 17 down to 16. I even did 2x16 upper Kara and still nothing, still at 11. Does anyone know why or have any idea? And now i got 15 BRH back again
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-06-11 at 08:33 PM.