Stoped playing just b4 7.2 was I right ?

Hi,

I stopped playing WOW right before 7.2, mainly cause I was unhappy with the legendary system after getting the bottom 5 leg for my class. Has things change since then ? Did they fix it in some way ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted legendaries...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Nothing has changed in that regard, and nothing will change in that regard. Play the game and you will eventually get whichever legendary you want, don't play the game and you never will.

If your "BIS" legendaries are that important to you then you might be better off to wait until the next expansion if you don't want to put in the work for them. Many people already have all if not almost all of the legendaries for their spec.

Be aware though, Blizzard is very likely to keep both the AP and Legendary system for the next expansion, they seem to be quite happy with it, regardless of what the vocal minority may have you believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Crafted legendaries...
    Not a new concept, really. You had one in Vanilla too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    One for 9 classes, most of which couldn't even equip it.

Now there are REAL crafted legendaries for every class/spec..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    One for 9 classes, most of which couldn't even equip it.

Now there are REAL crafted legendaries for every class/spec..
    Oh, I know but people act on this being new, when it isn't. Just not limited, which people also was against. I can see that the team is having a hard time bringing some legendaries to life.

Some don't want them RNG, some want them RNG. Some don't want them craft, some want them crafted. Some want them questlined, some don't. Some want them limited, and some don't. Try and run a design team when there's big groups for all of the options.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Thats only slightly the same given that Sulfuras required far more (team-)work to obtain than new crafted legendaries.
    Last edited by HolgerDK; 2017-06-05 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

its pretty much the same but its easier to get legendaries now and easier to gear up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Thats only slightly the same given that Sulfuras required far more (team-)work to obtain than new crafted legendaries.
    Still crafted, all I'm pointing at. The concept isn't new. Sadly, the current belt can be done with LFR and LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Swap View Post
    Hi,

I stopped playing WOW right before 7.2, mainly cause I was unhappy with the legendary system after getting the bottom 5 leg for my class. Has things change since then ? Did they fix it in some way ?
    so you are a moron? While you quit because you got the "bottom" five I kept playing and now have 16 leggos and BiS for each spec.

See where you went wrong? QQ and Tantrums gets you no where.

There is a comprehensive explanation of changes to the Legendary system in 7.2 on WowHead:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=260762/l...w-in-patch-7-2

As others have already covered though; there are now craft-based legendaries for every class now. They are probably not your BiS but if a dearth of legendary options is your problem this provides a solution.

"Bad Luck" protection was also changed from being based on your current Specialization, rather than your class. So the more you play as your preferred spec the greater the chances are you'll get a Legendary appropriate to that spec. Unfortunately that also means that if you play off-spec you're getting screwed. Not sure if they base it off actual active spec or what your designated Loot Specialization is.

Finally, they also tweaked a slew of Legendary special abilities and stats.

So yes... they have changed the system in 7.2. Whether they changed it to address your particular concerns is something only you can answer.

Why are people so obsessed with BiS? You can have 4th or 5th from BiS and still do pretty damn good. Get this BiS mentality out of your mind and things will be fine.

I come back from a 3 month break and been back for about a month now and have gotten 3 legendaries since then. They are not BiS but still better than anything else