Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It would all only be based on raw DPS output, raw healing output and raw damage mitigation for tanks.
    So then people are rewarded for standing in fire, padding damage fighting things that dont matter, the spec you play and your item level.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

In order to make LFR better (since apparently its staying for now), would you be in support of an idea that basically awards gift bags to the top Healer, DPS and Tank that performs the best during an LFR run?

The same "Gift Bag" would be awarded to the top healer in terms of raw healing output, and the same for Tank (top damage / damage mitigated).

So essentially each LFR wing, out of 25 people, 3 people would receive gift bags based on performance.

This would motivate people to 1) perform better and 2) not just sit there afk.
    For someone who is dead against LFR, wants it to be removed, or at least loot be removed, you are suggesting additional loot in LFR? You of all people.

But I suppose if you need a place to shine and gloat, then it may as well be LFR.

But then, you AFK in LFR, so it would not be you. Or is this a suggestion to motivate you to not just still there AFK in LFR.

Top dmg and top raw healing =/= performance. One can over heal the hell out of things and do top healing and be the worst healer in the raid. Not to mention that gear level makes a very uneven playing field. So, your "gift bags" idea is horrible.

In order to make LFR better (since apparently its staying for now), would you be in support of an idea that basically awards gift bags to the top Healer, DPS and Tank that performs the best during an LFR run?

So for example, the top DPS at the end of the wing, (the game would calculate how well they performed based on damage output) would receive a "Gift Bag" that would have a chance to have a unique mount / pet / and consumable(s).

The same "Gift Bag" would be awarded to the top healer in terms of raw healing output, and the same for Tank (top damage / damage mitigated).

So essentially each LFR wing, out of 25 people, 3 people would receive gift bags based on performance.

This would motivate people to 1) perform better and 2) not just sit there afk.

This is also much different than any idea that involves making players ineligible to receive gear based on their performance. So no one is hurt by this idea.

This should make @Jtbrig7390 very happy

Thoughts?
    I think it would ruin LFR because people would figure out what stat they were using to award the bag and then just try to score highest in that stat, even if that interferes with the fight's mechanics.

It sounds good in theory to award loot based on performance in a group- but it is really difficult to make an accurate system to measure who preformed the best. Sometimes, it is really obvious who is the best, sometimes it is hard to tell.

Also, I don't think it would reduce afking unless the loot in that bag was really good. Most of blizzard's caches or loot bags are a little underwhelming.

I suppose you could run an algorithm that find the average dps / healing done for your spec and ilvl and if you well-exceed that average you get a bonus.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Nah, it feels as if it'd just be open to abuse. The highest numbers don't always equal proper playing, especially not in LFR where a lot of people ignore everything only to pad meters so they can gloat in chat after each fight.

I'd rather see some sort of gauge for activity, excluding you from loot if you fell below the bar. No other requirements, just activity vs targets. The incentive? Getting loot from the content you sign up and fill a slot for.

Also; Getting loot from the content you sign up and fill a slot for.
    ^
    That's what HE said.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-05 at 11:35 PM.

As I've mentioned before i would love to see rankings after each instance along with additional loot even if its just minor things, AP, gathering mats, resources, ect

Stuff like

least avoidable damage taken
    most spell interrupted
    most mechanics completed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think it would ruin LFR because people would figure out what stat they were using to award the bag and then just try to score highest in that stat, even if that interferes with the fight's mechanics.

It sounds good in theory to award loot based on performance in a group- but it is really difficult to make an accurate system to measure who preformed the best. Sometimes, it is really obvious who is the best, sometimes it is hard to tell.

Also, I don't think it would reduce afking unless the loot in that bag was really good. Most of blizzard's caches or loot bags are a little underwhelming.
    Do fight mechanics really matter in a loot pinata version of bosses from actual raids?

Don't people just want to get in LFR and get out? Or has that changed since yesterday?

7+ Year Old Account
    LFRKicker addon!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Do fight mechanics really matter in a loot pinata version of bosses from actual raids?
    Clearly you are not aware of the concept of LFR can wipe. Yes I know you are aware but choose to ignore it for the sake of proving an invalid point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account

Don't people just want to get in LFR and get out? Or has that changed since yesterday?
    Hey jaylock, do you still need my LFRKicker addon? It works awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    No, just because you are doing the most damage or healing doesn't mean you are attacking or healing the correct target. This idea would be exploited a lot and make LRF even worse (which I'm guess you really would want to happen).
    In LFR doing the most dps or healing is contributing the most though, since LFR is a target dummy tour bus. I don't mind that it is, but don't you dare tell me that multi-dotting/whoring detracts from the encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    some major flaws with this idea, i'm a mythic raider, therefore i have significantly better gear than the average player in this game mode, until today (when i do my usual LFR marathon with a friend) i was always 5-15% higher than the next person on damage dealt/dps etc (today i got teamed up with an even better geared mage than me who just blew me out of the water), this is a rarity and not a norm, furthermore this "bonus" would be so out of reach for the audience that LFR is intended to cater to that it would actually cause people not to run it anymore so it would actually remove content for those players as more and more well geared players queue up and "take spots" for those groups etc, many problems with adding a carrot to LFR like this that can't be easily dealt with.

Would get in more higher geared mythic raiders who collect mounts/pets. Id be down for that.

Erm why do you even wish to do LFR?

Seriously? Its like asking that people should paddle more in the kiddie pool!

LFR is an option that is easily avoided so trying to change something that you either shouldnt need or shoudnt care is pointless!

Nope.

Your metrics can be gamed.

All this would do is cause the geared carries to just bail from groups and reque if they weren't going to get the satchel. It would just slow down the raids just so that a couple people per run could show they can pad the meters the best and literally help no one improve.

Deleted
    So for example, the top DPS at the end of the wing, (the game would calculate how well they performed based on damage output) would receive a "Gift Bag" that would have a chance to have a unique mount / pet / and consumable(s).
    So someone with 910 and only doing 20% of his capacity will get a Gift Bag, instead of a 835 doing 90% of his capacity.

That's not a solution for prevent afk, like call of arms, a scam when you see the number of DPS that tag in heal but remain in DPS spec "for the bag".

The only ways to prevent afk is to:

- Lock the role
    You tag in healer, when you enter you have the healer spec and can't switch for an other spec which does not correspond to the role

- Queue locked for away
    Counts the time it passes in combat without doing any action (role depending) and lock the player's queue for 3 * x in the end of the wing.
    If the player is away for 210s in the entire wing, then he can't join a new queue (Dungeon/LFR) for 3*210s, so 10:30
    Limite can be tuned, like you can away < 60s without being locked
    Last edited by mmocc7bb15d74f; 2017-06-06 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see any reason for you to have created a thread calling LFR shit than to just rile up the forum. You have a history of crapping on LFR and creating really close to the line threads about it.