Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm a Prot Paladin who saw this on the main page, but I can't help but wonder if you'd prefer slower runs just so you have dps in heroics/M+? That sounds like it's awful for 4 people and good for you. I pull as fast as my group can allow me to, and frankly, I don't care about your, or anyone elses dps, as long as we complete the run as fast and as sucessful as possible.
    Having a tank pull a whole floor of mobs doesnt make a run faster, it just makes it more tedious for the healers/ dps.

Many times you'd actually save time by waiting just a second or two.

You say you dont care about anyone else's deeps, but wait a second, say you just pulled a tyrannical boss, and i'm in multi/aoe gear, unstealthed and i couldnt even prepot ! Oo

So what gives ? boss dies slower than usual. Maybe you'll even wipe just because you couldnt wait for a second.

Now you're officially an ass for the whole group.
    Last edited by Cyanix; 2017-06-06 at 12:31 AM.

Chainpulling wouldnt be an issue, if tank DPS wouldnt be so high. If DPS would be needed to clear a dungeon fast, the pulls would be optimized for DPS and not for a Tank with autorun.

I play a DeathKnight sometimes as Tank (52, 915) and since my DPS ST/AoE is shit compared to other tanks I allways try to maximize the group DPS as much as I can. PrePulltimers for DHs, standing still for Unholy DK's ground cleave etc.

But its different for Paladin or Druid Tanks who just faceroll the dungeons with 1-2mio average DPS and even keep 1mio DPS at bosses. There is no reason for them to wait for you, to change anything they do, because of the huge selfDPS and in case of the druids the sheer amount of mitigation allows them to ignore the Healer just as much as the DPS.

Tank balancing is a huge problem and the main reason for your problems.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Chainpulling wouldnt be an issue, if tank DPS wouldnt be so high.
    This, and the fact that "aggro" doesnt mean shit anymore.

You can basically run though the dungeon, look at the mobs funny, and keep 'em on your back 'til they die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Chainpulling wouldnt be an issue, if tank DPS wouldnt be so high. If DPS would be needed to clear a dungeon fast, the pulls would be optimized for DPS and not for a Tank with autorun.

So true, I play tank and rogue. On my tank I can outdps other dps if I just pull like a maniac because I am first on the mob pack. It's just stupid, but it mostly happens if you are doing shit difficulty for your stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm a Prot Paladin who saw this on the main page, but I can't help but wonder if you'd prefer slower runs just so you have dps in heroics/M+? That sounds like it's awful for 4 people and good for you. I pull as fast as my group can allow me to, and frankly, I don't care about your, or anyone elses dps, as long as we complete the run as fast and as sucessful as possible.
    What allows you to pull another pack if this is not how fast foes are consummed by DPS ? What is the point of stating I reduce the DPS of my group so I can pull more adds ? This is exactly what the OP is explaining.
    Besides, this could also be a matter of respect of your group members, if this notion still has any value nowadays.
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2017-06-06 at 06:37 AM.

And to this I say: Thank you blizzard for putting a system in place where the only thing that really matters is clearing trash as fast as possible.

OP, ignore the idiots telling you you're whining. The problem you describe is real and affects us especially.

Discussion not going really far here. Instead of talking about a possible issue, people prefer to pick each other. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.