best Hunter followers 7.2

hello

anyone know the best setup for hunter followers in 7.2?

Thanks

Meatball
    Halduron
    Blake
    Addie
    Hilaire
    Hemet
    Syrenne

Covers all specs and has a nice spread of counters. Haven't seen a single quest that I can't counter with this team, and I have 3-4 missions going non-stop. Addie is money when the Command Center is up since she can give you 2 shots at one of the Elite missions (I always make sure to get 2x 500 Supplies done every time the building is up...that's 10 shots at a legendary and a ton of AP). Meatball is a freaking beast and very easy to get, so he should be on any team regardless of who else you have.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2017-06-03 at 07:17 PM.

Pretty much what he said, but I have moroes instead of meatball and emmerel instead of hilaire.

I don't think it's that important to have a setup since it only costs 250g to switch. That said, Addie is awesome for shorter missions and the elite missions; I have the 40% on less than 4 hours equip, -15% mission duration, and a legendary that gives -15% mission duration/+15% mission success. So it gets even 7-8 hour missions down to 4 hours. Blake is a beast with pathfinders and the +success for pathfinders equipment. Meatball is also really good since it counters any mission, and the strange orbs give up to +60% mission success...but he's also a really fun bodyguard minion too.

I don't like Hilaire at all because her bonus kicks only when she's with another BM champion, but I would rather save the other BM champion for missions where there are +2 BM missions

I use

Meatball
    Halduron
    Blake
    Addie
    Hemet
    Emmarel
    Rexxar

and generally have 4 missions ongoing at or near 200% except when the elites are up. Obviously you need the roster of champions order hall trait to have 7 though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950 View Post
    I don't think it's that important to have a setup since it only costs 250g to switch. That said, Addie is awesome for shorter missions and the elite missions; I have the 40% on less than 4 hours equip, -15% mission duration, and a legendary that gives -15% mission duration/+15% mission success. So it gets even 7-8 hour missions down to 4 hours. Blake is a beast with pathfinders and the +success for pathfinders equipment. Meatball is also really good since it counters any mission, and the strange orbs give up to +60% mission success...but he's also a really fun bodyguard minion too.

I don't like Hilaire at all because her bonus kicks only when she's with another BM champion, but I would rather save the other BM champion for missions where there are +2 BM missions

I use

Meatball
    Halduron
    Blake
    Addie
    Hemet
    Emmarel
    Rexxar

and generally have 4 missions ongoing at or near 200% except when the elites are up. Obviously you need the roster of champions order hall trait to have 7 though.
    The main reason I went with Hilaire over Emmarel is because picking Emmarel means you have to take Rexxar, and he's arguably the worst champion we have available to us. While you only get Hilaire's bonus when Blake is in group, with Rexxar you lose his bonus any time you need another champion to counter something. So even if you don't consider him strictly worse than Hilaire, you gotta consider him equally as bad. Furthermore, taking Rexxar means no Syrenne, and she's arguably the best follower we have since she can be "put away" on the fly in situations where you don't want a follower keeping you in combat or otherwise being a pest. So while I agree that Emmarel is a better BM option than Hilaire, the other trade-offs you have to make to use her just aren't worth it in my opinion.

Edit: All that said, at the end of the day, min-maxing your followers will not be game-changing for you at all, so really as long as you at least cover the major bases for counters, you're gonna be just fine. As far as I'm concerned, the only time they really provide a significant benefit is when you can get double 500 Legionfall Supplies Elite missions during a single Command Center window. 5 more shots at a legendary is a decent bonus.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2017-06-04 at 03:57 AM.

The most important Missions right now are the Elite Missions from the Command Center in my opinion. I try to send as many as possible every time the Command Center is up. And these Elite Missions ALWAYS need at least 1 minion counter! The first threat (after the boss ofc) will always be minions while the second threat is random, but can also be minions. I had situations on some toons in which i would need more than 2 or 3 minion counters because of that. It does not matter if the threat kills your troops or costs more ressources (although that might hurt in the long run) but if you have multiple minion threats that prolong the mission or reduce success chance you might be fucked.

Therefore i try to at least have all minion counters ready, although they may be benched if the Elite Missions are not up for a better all around lineup like @jaimelannister.

But to be honest, elite missions are the only ones that count anyway in my opinion. AP will become almost completely obsolete sooner or later (although getting stuff for free is nice) and i don't even care for it anymore as of now. One can make a point for rep missions giving you more extra caches if exalted and a better chance at the mounts/a legendary but the missions do not really provide much progress toward that anyway. The only missions i rigorously complete are legionfall supply missions, because the currence gives you a chance at a legendary AND AP, but mostly the legendary part. Although equip missions for the extra caches are nice to have as of now, but sooner or later you will have every champion equipped as you like, so these dont offer any benefits anymore (besides legendary follower equipment, but lets be real that is way to rare anyway).
    If you are low on gold you could make a case for gold missions i guess, but not an issue for me personally.

I always try to get 2 elite missions of the supplies and 2 of the nethershards (on my mage who has baseline 20 % mission time reduction because of an order hall advancement i even go for 3 on one of those 2 mission types). There is a respawn timer of the mission after you collected the rewards from a few minutes to a few hours so you can send multiple as long as the command center is still up.

http://www.wowhead.com/completing-el...ampions-hunter for reference if anyone cares.

Out of interest, which bodyguard do you guys use? I went with Rexxar, not sure if that was a good choice? I also used a reduce mission duration by 15% equipment on Addie, does that stack with her standard 20%?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by kaze950 View Post
    Addie is awesome for shorter missions ... -15% mission duration, and a legendary that gives -15% mission duration/+15% mission success. So it gets even 7-8 hour missions down to 4 hours
    The way that multiple reductions work is a multiplicative, so Addie take the time * .8, then each of the pieces of equipment = .85 * .85 gives a total mission time of 0.8 * 0.85 * 0.85 = 0.578, if you want an 8 hour mission to become 4 hours you'll still need another 15% reduction or a 10% and a 5%.

Side note - if you use the legion phone app it calculates the time wrong as additive. I have multiple followers with speed reductions that can go to 100% additive total and the app says it will finish --immediately-- with bonuses: 20 (follower) +15 (legendary) + 15 (saddle) + 10 (carrot) + 15 (saddle) + 10 (carrot) + 5 (boots) + 10 (carrot). This is actually a .8 * .85 * .85 * .9 * .85 * .9 * .95 * .9 = .34 => 34% of the original time

After starting the mission on the app it shows the correct 34% remaining time and does not complete immediately.
    Last edited by the; 2017-06-06 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Out of interest, which bodyguard do you guys use? I went with Rexxar, not sure if that was a good choice? I also used a reduce mission duration by 15% equipment on Addie, does that stack with her standard 20%?
    Yes, it stacks, I have similar situation on Hiro (monk follower), he has innate -20% duration and I put another -15% on him, but it stacks multipicatively not additively from what I know.

Rexxar gives extra buffs from him pets, so it's not bad, Syrenne has the traps that do extra aoe damage, personally I can't stand any bodyguard that follows you around and talks too much, so I'm gonna stick Emmarel as my OR / gold item carrier, but the on-use doesn't scale, once you get some gear it's super minuscule.

Depends on your spec too for example as MM I can see the benefit of having extra tank in Rexxar and his pets. As BM your screen is already crowded but adding 1 more or less "pet" probably is not an issue.

For combat benefits the only followers "worth" using are either Meatball for the dmg buff he provides or Syrenne for her AoE.

Either way, followers are not required and make barely any difference to a geared character. More often than not they just keep you in combat or get in the way of looting etc. I use Syrenne as she doesn't have a pet or anything and I rarely play anything other than Survival for world content so Its just me, 1 pet and Syrenne just aoeing everything down.

I couldn't stand Rexxar, he floods the screen with annoying pets and his mount is a fucking pain as its so huge and always in the way. Syrenne uses a saber mount on ground and she turns into a small Owl for flight, never a concern for getting in my way but she constantly spams chat which might annoy others.

Quote Originally Posted by Abanu326 View Post
    hello

anyone know the best setup for hunter followers in 7.2?

Thanks
    keep hemet as a combat ally IMO.

Why? CAUSE HE IS INVISIBLE! He pops out every now and then to try to steal yar kill. The rest are annoyances especially rexxar and his big ugly bird.

Hemet gives me almost 1 million AP, 175 g and 100 resources for each WQ i do...plus the wq reeward and i never see him!

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    keep hemet as a combat ally IMO.
    Bad idea if you care about command center elite strike missions. They will always roll with explosive trap + random, and hemet is the best out of 3 champions with explosive trap because his bonus applies all the time. Using him as a combat ally with gold / resource items means 1) he's weak if you decide to send him on missions as he doesn't carry mission success items 2) you will lock your gold / resource machine for ~3 days.

The other 2 explosive trap champions require you to either lock 2 BM hunters to the same mission (Hilaire) or send the champion alone with 2 troops (Rexxar) which may not always be perfect, for example that leaves the second ability not countered unless you happen to have nightborne hunters with that specific spell.

Also Hemet has the annoying tendency to spawn just when I bring the mob to 10% hp, had same issue with DH Kayn / Altruis they were appearing just as I was about to kill a mob, so generally don't expect much help from these type of combat allies.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-06-07 at 10:44 PM.

Meatball is obligatory. Addie also has a nice bonus. The rest can be mixed to your liking. I would suggest having at least 2 companions that can AoE for the command center missions while having a 2 of each specialization. That means having:

Meatball (for those 100% command center solo missions even without epic gear, basically must have)
    Addie (SV, nice haste bonus)
    Syrenne (SV)
    Hemet (MM, anti boss, fire trap)
    Halduron (MM)
    Emmarel (BM)
    Hilaire (BM, fire trap)

The rest have synergies with expendable units. I do not like that, since a follower can be much more efficient on a mission.
    As for equipment, give Meatball +70% on long missions (30%+40%) and an extra +15% overall success item. If you add a 20% bonus from the item he burps after each mission, that means 100% chance on all command center missions instantly. Just using 1 follower. Or you can add an expendable unit for same results. Make sure that you do not send him on a 12 day crusade though.
    Addie would likely gain more benefit from haste items, coupled with a bonus for <4 hours missions.
    The rest can be tailored to your liking.
    Overall, most useful equipment pieces are >8 hours and <4 hours success items, haste items, and flat +15% items.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-06-08 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Bad idea if you care about command center elite strike missions.
    I have 0 issues with the mission table and i sure dont min and max that garbage.

Hemet is the less intrusive combat ally, therefor he is the best combat ally.

With three item slots and meatball as bonus joker it is highly irrelevant what followers exactly you use.
    Just make sure you have at least one counter for every trait and you're set.
    Use the 40 and 30% for missions >8h and four or five of your chars (ideally combined with the -15% mission duration so you can send the elite strike missions twice per cycle), use T2 troop enhancing items on your remaing followers for the "common" missions.