Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Broken Shore was an utter failure

Was anybody else thoroughly disappointed with the "campaign" of the broken shore which ended up being a list of chores that a parent would give a child if anything. They did not make use of any phasing technology to show the "advancement" of the legionfall army or any progression really on progressing on the tomb. They had a lot of potential only to piss it away. imo the best daily hub thing they have done was Quel'Danas and probably will always be Quel'Danas > Isle of thunder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Broken Shore.

Thoughts?

It was by far the worst of similar zones.

The campaign was garbage, the class quests were meh, the balancing of its rewards was clearly not tested properly seeing as they had to rebalance it daily for the first week or 2 and just in general it's not particularly interesting. But hey, small indie company and all that, can't expect too much.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I quite enjoy it, much more than TI and about the same as IoT, so it may have been a failure to you, but you me it was awesome (recent quests notwithstanding)

It was a glorified introductory quest. Calm your tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, it was advertised as an epic storyline by Blizzard.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Utter failure? No, not at all. But, when compared to the other "patched-in zones/islands", it's most likely the worst one.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    No, it was advertised as an epic storyline by Blizzard.
    Lol I keep seeing naysayers post this crap, but always without a source. Keep on being the same MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    A 10 week "intro quest"?

The largest content patch in WoW History?

What an absolute joke. But as long as "some people" are satisfied ewith it... it'll be more of the same.

Kill demons over here.

Kill more demons over there.

Kill the demons over here again to get certain drops.

Kill 3 mini boss demons.

Do 10 WQs that have you kill demons here and there.

Ah heck.. kill some more demons over here.

BAM! Aren't you grateful?™

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lol I keep seeing naysayers post this crap, but always without a source. Keep on being the same MMO-C
    This and this both seem to be hyping up the class/Legionfall campaigns as a major feature of the patch. Also, as the poster above says, a 10 week long "intro" quest? Yeah no. It was advertised as being an important part of the story progression(just as the Insurrection campaign was), and did not deliver on that at all.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Disappointed that this entire expansion had questlines that were on par with MoP's storytelling and we got a 10-week questline with the creativity and immersion of Warlords of Draenor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    This and this both seem to be hyping up the class/Legionfall campaigns as a major feature of the patch.
    For the heroes of Azeroth, the Broken Shore represents pain, sorrow
    No better words can describe this patch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Like you've ever used sources for any of the braindead crap you've spewed over the years.... Keep on being the same Jay-jay!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

im liking legion as it is in general but cant arguee that the quest are very chore... like... 12yo focused or something. In any moment i have to do something difficult... all the quest are too easy.

Yeah, it's crap.

Couldn't disagree more honestly. The broken shore isn't amazing but it does everything I want it to do and then some. My favorite things about it are the random herbs and the Netherlands options especially from the random caches. The keep me engaged far more than anything other than the timeless isle. The timeless isle was perfect because of the difficulty of the mobs, but everything else is great. It provided an amazing catch up for legendaries too. During the netherdisruptor you are pretty much advancing your bad luck protection 3 or so weeks in just 3 days.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

i'm not a fan of the story, but the zone was good and provided something new todo, which is a success

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

On the outside, it looks like very little content, but specs/classes all got their own "class missions", so overall it was a TON of content.

The weekly quests got dumbed down because there was so much content right at the start/end.

You complain about gating, but the real content wasn't gated, it was all at the start. But it was spread amongst specs and classes, which IS a bad thing in my opinion, it gave the illusion of a lack of content and stuff to do game wide, when really it was spec wide.

There was so much content, but most people won't see more than their mains. I hope they don't repeat this, I'd rather have all the content we did (which is about 15x more than the first weeks stuff, maybe 20x which was actually a decently sized quest chain) for everyone, rather than split up a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    On the outside, it looks like very little content, but specs/classes all got their own "class missions", so overall it was a TON of content.

The weekly quests got dumbed down because there was so much content right at the start/end.

You complain about gating, but the real content wasn't gated, it was all at the start. But it was spread amongst specs and classes, which IS a bad thing in my opinion, it gave the illusion of a lack of content and stuff to do game wide, when really it was spec wide.

There was so much content, but most people won't see more than their mains. I hope they don't repeat this, I'd rather have all the content we did (which is about 15x more than the first weeks stuff, maybe 20x which was actually a decently sized quest chain) for everyone, rather than split up a ton.
    As somebody who has all classes at max level, the "class specific" content is super overhyped. The vast majority is just a reskin of what everybody else gets. Instead of splitting their dev time and making 12 mediocre stories, they should've just pooled all of it to make one epic one(basically what you said too). The Legionfall campaign after the first 3 or 4 weeks being absolute garbage is also pretty inexcusable. It's essentially a tutorial on "this is what you can do in the Broken Shore"... 2 months after it released.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-06-06 at 05:09 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You thinking it was =/= it actually being so.

It's pretty damned busy and was never meant to be a TImeless Isle equivalent. Compared to 5.2 it's not as good, but as far as mid-expansion patches goes it's middle of the pack at the very least.

People need to calm their tits and stop acting as if though the game insulted their crippled relative.

I'm now starting doing the campaign on alts, and I'm having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It was by far the worst of similar zones.
    I liked it more than Timeless Isle. I really hated Timeless Isle. So much grinding on frogs, constantly running to and just missing rares, and no real content to do.

IMO, in order from best to worst,

Isle of Thunder (MoP)
    Tanaan Jungle (WoD)
    Molten Front (Cata)
    Quel'danis (TBC)
    Broken Shore (Legion)
    Timeless Isle (MoP)