Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    So far it has less content released since launch than WoD.
    7.2 alone has as much content as WoD in its entierety

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Argent tournament was august 09
    do you really consider the tournament a teir? i mean come on
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    4-5 months of a raid tier and people already talk about a content draught. This is the fully intended timeframe for the raid schedule.
    The raid's duration is fine, it's that the stuff outside the raids has been... not very good. There's been a lot of it, just very low quality/replayability.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    It counts! Come to peace with it!

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    ...in 2 weeks and a day.

You can now re-sub to the game and not worry about the extreme dehydration this content drought known as 7.2. has brought upon thee... in 2 weeks and a day.

Also, M+ score on WoWProgress is just fool's gold.
    Lol.

not playing a shitty game.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    7.2 alone has as much content as WoD in its entierety
    6.1 had more new content than 7.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yes? It had its own tier sets and ilvl increase. It wasn't great, but some encounters were really good.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

7.2 brings one raid,10 spec specific scenarios,12 class specific questlines,one dungeon,one new zone,4 world bosses,a hundred of new quests and world quests,a new game mechanic with the buildings on the broken shore.
    and that's just for the major features,there's a lot of less relevant stuff added too

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    4-5 months of a raid tier and people already talk about a content draught. This is the fully intended timeframe for the raid schedule.
    Game's not just about raids. Nothing to do at all outside of raiding. Patch 7.2 didn't bring anything to the table. "more will be released over the weeks". Topkek mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    lolololol.... nice try... nice try

7.2 brings one raid
    No, that's 7.2.5.
    10 spec specific scenarios
    7 actually.
    12 class specific questline
    5-7 minute long.
    one dungeon
    Which no one bothers to do. Only 4 bosses too.
    one new zone
    That's launch zone.
    4 world bosses
    Big recolored mobs with no mechanics, literally not content.
    a hundred of new quests and world quests
    Guess they've been very busy with 'kill 10 of those' and 'collect 50 of these'.
    a new game mechanic with the buildings on the broken shore
    Random buff every once in a while is not new mechanic.
    Meanwhile 6.1 had big 10-boss raid, Garona questline, Harrison Jones questline, collection of songs and many more.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2017-06-06 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    To be fair Naxx was a rehash, OS and EoE were one boss raids and ToC was terrible. Ulduar however, was one of the best raids Blizzard produced.
    Naxx was a rehash of a raid very few people ever did and was incredibly popular. ToC wasn't popular, although the patch as a whole was well received. People participated in the dailies for the new mounts till the end of the expansion.

I mean, 7.2 is a shit patch in terms of content, but I wouldn't say it's quite as bad as 6.1
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Lol, "content drought"...

People really throw around words they don't know the meaning of. "Grind", "content drought", "busywork", "addiction" being a few favourites...

- - - Updated - - -

lolololol.... nice try... nice try
    People really are retarded enough to remember it like that.

Meanwhile, 7.2 = the biggest patch to date, only short-sighted people can't see what the patch brings when condensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

People really throw around words they don't know the meaning of. "Grind", "content drought", "busywork", "addiction" being a few favourites...

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, 7.2 = the biggest patch to date, only short-sighted people can't see what the patch brings when condensed.
    Biggest patch, but split in a way that means most people will barely experience any of it, and the "huge amount of content" is super formulaic and is not very unique for each class/spec.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

cataclysm was the biggest expansion, only allmost beat by vanilla itself
    but people forget that the whole game 1-60 was redone (mostly, but i rather not go into minute details)

this is the issue, people see only the content that effects them NOW

people forget their is 12 differnt quest chains in this expansion, and that this 11 week campaign was well over 11 weeks, if it was doable day 1 it woulda been alot better

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Not sure what content drought you're talking about. I've had plenty to do in the game every single day. Had fun leveling all my characters and getting them ready for mounts tomorrow.
    Content you're doing outside of Legion doesn't count, I'd have alot to do as well, with achivements, gathering older sets, doing quests around the world for - once again, achivements... but doesn't count mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Not sure what content drought you're talking about. I've had plenty to do in the game every single day. Had fun leveling all my characters and getting them ready for mounts tomorrow.
    Wohoo, grinding for weeks and weeks and what do we get? Mounts!

Mounts... of all things, I don't care for mounts honestly, why not a mount ontop of a pile of reasonable amount of gold and a title for good measure. At least that'd feel more rewarding somewhat, but just a mount? Meh.

I hope this shows people that the content we've got so far, and the future content we'll get will be this same quality, time gated, little to speak of and very uninteresting to do.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Busy work =/= content

I guess if your spouse told you to move something from one end of the garage to the other and swapped it every week you'd call that productive?

- - - Updated - - -

Where content exists, but it's the same content you did while leveling and the months that followed.

- - - Updated - - -

Your point doesn't address the point made.
    Then what the hell is your idea of content?

Vanilla Content = Farming for raids, Doing the raids, Farming rep for factions that were 100x more grindy than Legion reps (aka - Busy work), and farming dungeons

TBC Content = Farming for raids (much less than vanilla), Doing the raids, Farming rep for factions that was expedited by doing dungeons (aka - busy work), Farming dungeons for gear and badges which were used to buy gear, doing daily quests

WotLK Content = Farming for raids (same as tbc basically), Doing the raids, Farming rep for factions that was expedited by doing dungeons & daily quests (aka - busy work), Farming dungeons for gear and badges which were used to buy gear, doing more daily quests, playing alts, doing "new area" content upon release of new "major patch" (more dailies), leveling professions for dope profession abilities!

Cata Content = Farming for raids (same as WotLK basically), Doing the raids, Farming rep for factions that was expedited by doing dungeons with the fancy new tabards & daily quests to get shiny epics that were outdated in 3 weeks! (aka - busy work), Farming dungeons for gear and badges which were used to buy gear, doing more daily quests, playing alts, doing "new area" content upon release of new "major patch" (more dailies), leveling professions for dope profession abilities!

MoP Content = Farming for raids (same as WotLK basically), Doing the raids, Farming rep for factions that was expedited by doing dungeons with the fancy new tabards & daily quests to get shiny epics that were outdated in 3 weeks! (aka - busy work), Farming dungeons for gear and badges which were used to buy gear, doing more daily quests, playing alts, doing "new area" content upon release of new "major patch" (more dailies), leveling professions for dope profession abilities! Doing interesting new legendary quest chain! Farming, literally farming for consumables for raid lol, Doing well done, time gated story lines for the majority of the Xpac until timless isle drought

WoD Content = ......

Legion Content = Farming for raids (same as WotLK basically), Doing the raids, Doing world quests for gear, AP, Honor, reputation to buy new epics which are instantly outdated (aka - busy work), Farming dungeons for gear and rep, doing some more world quests, playing alts if you're a masochist, doing "new area" content upon release of new "major patch" (more world quests included), leveling herbalism and alchemy (idk why you would level anything else) Doing well done, time gated story lines for the majority of the expansion so far, with much more to come

So really, i don't know what you're getting at, we are using the exact same system that was introduced in MoP, which is a vast improvement from the slug fest that was vanilla/tbc. They were fun, but you were considered a good player for simply hitting level cap, which isn't the case anymore. There is a shit ton to do, and im finally at the point where i can focus comfortably on an alt, which is nice. We also have some of the fast raid patch pacing since WotLK, where Naxx > Uld > ToC were all really quickly introduced in succession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Wohoo, grinding for weeks and weeks and what do we get? Mounts!

Mounts... of all things, I don't care for mounts honestly, why not a mount ontop of a pile of reasonable amount of gold and a title for good measure. At least that'd feel more rewarding somewhat, but just a mount? Meh.

I hope this shows people that the content we've got so far, and the future content we'll get will be this same quality, time gated, little to speak of and very uninteresting to do.
    They've already said they admit that focusing on individual classes instead of an overarching campaign was a mistake, so they wont do it again, so i doubt well get the Legion Fall story again, itll probably resemble Surumar, which was fantastic.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game isn't designed where you move up to the next difficulty of raiding. Most people that are raiding normal are going to stay raiding normal, same with heroic. Same with LFR. So there is no need to complete 10/10 Mythic in order to be out of content. Though even if you did move from Normal to Heroic or Heroic to Normal, that's still not additional content, you're just replacing your old difficulty with the new one.

I think a lot of the Nighthold burnout is actually because EN was undertuned and people thought they were Mythic raiders when they really weren't. Tomb isn't going to change that.

7.2 wasn't a great patch, but it was far from the worst one.

yay I'm so excited. Woot Woot!