Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    I found it cool, tbh. Except for having the initial travel to the Exodar, the missions were very fitting.
    And killing the NPC at the Stormwind AH in a second, in front of everyone, just to vanish and sprint felt awesome.
    Totally agree with that

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao at the people complaining, the job of a rogue is to follow the orders of the uncrowned council. lower profile rogues would kill random targets, but as the "shadow blade" its your job to kill the most high profile targets, in the mos high profile areas. The last quest was the most satisfying tbh, sitting as a ghost, waiting for the target to spawn, and then killing it within seconds while the alliance sits there trying to grief you. Killing that auctioneer was satisfying as fuck, and to the people saying it should be a scenario, you've had it too good in this game the last 5-6 years, its an MMORPG, you're supposed to interact with others..... i'll never understand the people saying this game isnt what it used to be, but at the same time complaining they had to do a quest where they died??? come on man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Lmao at the people complaining, the job of a rogue is to follow the orders of the uncrowned council. lower profile rogues would kill random targets, but as the "shadow blade" its your job to kill the most high profile targets, in the mos high profile areas. The last quest was the most satisfying tbh, sitting as a ghost, waiting for the target to spawn, and then killing it within seconds while the alliance sits there trying to grief you. Killing that auctioneer was satisfying as fuck, and to the people saying it should be a scenario, you've had it too good in this game the last 5-6 years, its an MMORPG, you're supposed to interact with others..... i'll never understand the people saying this game isnt what it used to be, but at the same time complaining they had to do a quest where they died??? come on man.
    You thought it was satisfying having to intentionally kill yourself so you could ghost-camp the target and hope you could kill it out of a rez before the army of opposite-faction players waiting for you stun-locked you into oblivion? Dying because you screwed up something challenging is fine (like the hidden appearance Mage Tower challenges). Dying several times simply because other players learn what your solo-oriented PvE quest entails and intentionally camp the objective toes the line of poor quest design.

The concept was fine. The the overall quest felt very Rogue-like and continued the theme of the Uncrowned silently assisting the war effort. The first three steps were fine because you had to make clever use of most of your toolkit to kill the targets quickly without instantly being gibbed in some way. However, the final step was asinine even for Blizzard. I don't think any other class has to deal with having their progress hampered by other players going out of their way to be a nuisance and there's no reason it shouldn't have been phased or instanced.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    You thought it was satisfying having to intentionally kill yourself so you could ghost-camp the target and hope you could kill it out of a rez before the army of opposite-faction players waiting for you stun-locked you into oblivion? Dying because you screwed up something challenging is fine (like the hidden appearance Mage Tower challenges). Dying several times simply because other players learn what your solo-oriented PvE quest entails and intentionally camp the objective toes the line of poor quest design.

The concept was fine. The the overall quest felt very Rogue-like and continued the theme of the Uncrowned silently assisting the war effort. The first three steps were fine because you had to make clever use of most of your toolkit to kill the targets quickly without instantly being gibbed in some way. However, the final step was asinine even for Blizzard. I don't think any other class has to deal with having their progress hampered by other players going out of their way to be a nuisance and there's no reason it shouldn't have been phased or instanced.
    That was the point though, they wanted the last kill to be high profile, and satisfying, that's why the mob has 750k health (a global or 2 shot kill for most players). The point is to make the world seem more engaging, not to sanction you off to a solo scenario, wheres the fun in that? Getting killed is just part of the game, or at least it used to be, and now they seem to be adding it back.

Most people who play now either probably dont remember what the game used to be like, or they never played back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when you would get gibbed, griefed, and die a shit ton doing quests, cata+ made questing way too homogeneous and put you into this solo campaign that the game was never intended to be. The game was always intended to force you into PvP situations, to make it feel like Alliance vs Horde, and that's what this quest felt like, i felt like a Horde assassin, sent into an enemy city, where I killed a super high profile target in the AH and then died, like you would if that really happened, I hope they do more quests like this.

Think back to questing in STV back when the game first launched, my god, and any 30+ zone for that matter. I remember how insane the shimmering flats was and it was dope!

I'll share my bad experience with this quest as well. Another rogue and I did the quest together, and had little knowledge of the questline beforehand.

Silvermoon:
    "wtf, we have to go to Silvermoon? Why would they send us all the way out here? At least it won't be terribly populated."
    "Okay, right, there's horde here specifically to gank"
    "Alright, so I gotta kill this little dude and get out before this golem murders me. Cool, no problem -- oh, hmm, he autokilled me the instant I exited stealth "
    "lol there's a bunch of other Alliance rogues just waiting here to capitalize on me getting killed first"
    "Alright, it shouldn't take more than a moment to kill this dude. I'll just use Evasion and -- oh okay, he can melee me anyway; that's dumb."
    "Oh, other rogue got him. What did you do" " I used Cheat Death to not autodie and blinded the golem"
    "At least this stupid quest is over. Wait, goddammit, we have to go Undercity now?"

Undercity:
    "lol the target is in the Rogue's Quarter"
    "Oh! There's the target! Get in, kill, and Vanish!"
    "Wait, shit, some random guard can still see me so I'm still in combat. Guess I'll die?"
    "Yep, now for Thunder Bluff"

Thunder Bluff:
    "Okay, I'm here and waiting. Oh, there's another dude doing the quest so I can get an idea of what happens. Huh. So the target takes no damage and just runs around aggroing bullshit. That's stupid."
    "Alright, he's respawned. Let's get him. No real reason to bother with stealth. Great, SS does 1k damage. Oh, wait, he died for no reason. I'll take it."

Orgrimmar:
    "Okay, let's find this guy. Come on, really? The auction house?"
    "Alright, just gonna fly straight in and murder this dude."
    "Amazing. I almost didn't die!"
    "omgwtfbbq the graveyard is halfway across Durotar? Might as well take rez sickness."

---

I want to point out two quotes from my story here that I think are important:

1) "No real reason to bother with stealth" -- seeing as the target areas are crawling with stealth-immune opponents, I ended up feeling that stealth wasn't a useful option. I was more successful after abandoning stealth, although that could be due to TB and Org being easier hits.

2) "Might as well take rez sickness" -- I understand why the graveyards are far away from the other faction's main cities, but I do not see the value in designing a quest where accepting resurrection sickness feels like the optimal choice.
    Last edited by Bowshewicz; 2017-06-07 at 02:57 PM.

All of the cities were fine because you can literally fly to right where you need to go, get in, and get out. Even undercity, took me a moment to realize that I could just mount up and fly to the balcony. But Silvermoon... man, so many were camping because they were taking advantage of the fact that you can't fly in eversong/silvermoon, and that made it insanely annoying. Especially with the 2 minute 30 second run back to your corpse. Why is the graveyard on the other side of the map?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Terrible quest line, the griefing going on /w the last guy in Org was ridiculous. Horribly lazy quest with zero thought put into it. I might even be okay with the quest if there was ANY tie in with the actual mount but there wasn't.

It's just "Hey, go kill these guys, also here's a bird" wtf? With the Deathknight quest it's about the dragon the whole time. Ours had nothing what-so-ever to do with a bird. They don't even say anything about it. You walk in and they literally throw a bird at you, and you flip through the air like a jedi onto it's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowshewicz View Post
    I'll share my bad experience with this quest as well. Another rogue and I did the quest together, and had little knowledge of the questline beforehand.

Silvermoon:
    "wtf, we have to go to Silvermoon? Why would they send us all the way out here? At least it won't be terribly populated."
    "Alright, so I gotta kill this little dude and get out before this golem murders me. Cool, no problem -- oh, hmm, he autokilled me the instant I exited stealth "
    "lol there's a bunch of other Alliance rogues just waiting here to capitalize on me getting killed first"
    "Alright, it shouldn't take more than a moment to kill this dude. I'll just use Evasion and -- oh okay, he can melee me anyway; that's dumb."
    "Oh, other rogue got him. What did you do" " I used Cheat Death to not autodie and blinded the golem"
    "At least this stupid quest is over. Wait, goddammit, we have to go Undercity now?"
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/newreply...ply&p=46013597
    Undercity:
    "Wait, shit, some random guard can still see me so I'm still in combat. Guess I'll die?"

Thunder Bluff:
    "Okay, I'm here and waiting. Oh, there's another dude doing the quest so I can get an idea of what happens. Huh. So the target takes no damage and just runs around aggroing bullshit. That's stupid."
    "Alright, he's respawned. Let's get him. No real reason to bother with stealth. Great, SS does 1k damage. Oh, wait, he died for no reason. I'll take it."

Orgrimmar:
    "omgwtfbbq the graveyard is halfway across Durotar? Might as well take rez sickness."

---

1) "No real reason to bother with stealth" -- seeing as the target areas are crawling with stealth-immune opponents, I ended up feeling that stealth wasn't a useful option. I was more successful after abandoning stealth, although that could be due to TB and Org being easier hits.

2) "Might as well take rez sickness" -- I understand why the graveyards are far away from the other faction's main cities, but I do not see the value in designing a quest where accepting resurrection sickness feels like the optimal choice.
    in the first you have to use distract, in the 3° you stunlock+use poisons/shadowstuff of sub, i dont have the combat's artifact so i dont know its not-physical spells
    the last you only need to place a dot and then go away
    and the 2° i derped too much but the dots killed the target anyway

the quest is very good. the pvp let you feel the dangers and all have a way to be completed without brute force.
    my only problem was that the zones were full of other rogues, so i had to wait to solo kill the targets.
    and that stealth detector guard in front of the stormwind AH, i hated him <.<

Silvermoon:
    so you couldnt figure out you need to use blind on the golem (despite lilian voss specifically telling you) and that made the quest bad?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-06-07 at 04:07 PM.

Silvermoon:

Undercity:

Thunder Bluff:

Orgrimmar:

---

you should pay attention to what lillian voss says when you enter the area.. she tells you how you should go about killing them.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Most people who play now either probably dont remember what the game used to be like, or they never played back in Vanilla/TBC/WotLK when you would get gibbed, griefed, and die a shit ton doing quests
    Most classes didn't have a shit ton of CC and AoE.

10+ Year Old Account

Silvermoon:

Undercity:

Thunder Bluff:

Orgrimmar:

---

I mean, you did the entire thing wrong, ignored or didn't understand the tips on how to easily handle each encounter, and gave up on using *stealth* because you couldn't avoid the guards. Like, I'm sorry but this is user error and pretty sad. Don't attack the quest just because you didn't get what you needed to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFS They changed the mount, it doesnt have those metal 'claws' anymore on the wings + they gave the best colored one to Sub :/

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    in the first you have to use distract, in the 3° you stunlock+use poisons/shadowstuff of sub, i dont have the combat's artifact so i dont know its not-physical spells
    the last you only need to place a dot and then go away
    and the 2° i derped too much but the dots killed the target anyway

the quest is very good. the pvp let you feel the dangers and all have a way to be completed without brute force.
    my only problem was that the zones were full of other rogues, so i had to wait to solo kill the targets.
    and that stealth detector guard in front of the stormwind AH, i hated him <.<
    Thanks for the tips. I did suggest distract while running back but the other guy tried it and said it didn't work for him (The mark had simply stopped when he distracted the golem). By the time I got back, he had already killed the boss. In our case, he had to use Cheat Death because the golem autokilled him otherwise.

Shadow damage didn't seem to be effective on the 3rd guy, but we did stun him so maybe that's why his armor stopped functioning? Neither of us actually had a damage event in our combat log that was over a few thousand damage, so we weren't sure what happened.

The presence of other players didn't make it feel dangerous to me. It seemed that any horde players present were there simply to make this quest line more annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so you couldnt figure out you need to use blind on the golem (despite lilian voss specifically telling you) and that made the quest bad?
    As I said, I never got a chance to get close. My first attempt, I shadowstepped to the target to try killing it before the golem could kill me. On the second try, the golem was able to hit me even though I used Evasion. By the time I got back, my partner had completed the objective. And (as should have been clear from my post) I did, in fact, figure out that using blind on the golem worked. My disappointment was that other methods that seemed like they should work did not, for no good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    I mean, you did the entire thing wrong, ignored or didn't understand the tips on how to easily handle each encounter, and gave up on using *stealth* because you couldn't avoid the guards. Like, I'm sorry but this is user error and pretty sad. Don't attack the quest just because you didn't get what you needed to do.
    I didn't exactly "give up" on using stealth so much as I realized the quests would actually be easier to complete if I didn't bother trying to be sneaky. I disagree that trying to solve the puzzles using the class's toolkit is wrong. I was disappointed that abilities that should have been effective instead did nothing because the game wanted me to use a specific ability instead.
    Last edited by Bowshewicz; 2017-06-07 at 05:05 PM.

Well for the Silvermoon mark, distract totally works - it just requires patience and waiting for just enough of a gap to appear where you can carefully place the distract. Worked like a charm - the golem turned and looked in the hallway they were in, the mark walked away on his merry way to his death.

All in all I liked the questline even with the AH ambush waiting - it felt oldschool having to go back into the horde towns (then again I did that back in BC just because I could) and being all stealthy to avoid being caught. Sure the run back from the GYs could seem a bit on the long side but keep in mind you're not who's supposed to be there so yeah you get a long run back - par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    I don't see why so many are whining.
    Because many thought it was not cool.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I thought it was very underwhelming. After, what, 12-13 weeks of single quests to unlock it, we get one quest and a scenario that had no challenge at all.

reading those whining make me realise how bad rogues you guys are.

maybe it's the game fault that we dont need to use cc that much anymore.

but literally half of the posts here coundn't think about using distraction or blind to do a stealth kill

I killed every npc withou dying once.

for horde AH i just needed to use a glider stealth to get on top of their AH
    /tar npc and shadowstep kill him. evasion + cloak + sprint + vanish.

not that hard guys....

Quote Originally Posted by scarfdeath View Post
    reading those whining make me realise how bad rogues you guys are.

maybe it's the game fault that we dont need to use cc that much anymore.

but literally half of the posts here coundn't think about using distraction or blind to do a stealth kill

I killed every npc withou dying once.

for horde AH i just needed to use a glider stealth to get on top of their AH
    /tar npc and shadowstep kill him. evasion + cloak + sprint + vanish.

not that hard guys....
    Congratulations on your superior rogue skills. Now that you've mastered the game, your reading comprehension could use some work. Most of the complaints here are not related to the difficulty of the quest and are about its design or implementation.

The concept was fine, but being forced into a 1v5 in the Stormwind AH I wouldn't have minded having an instant 'extraction point' button to bail when the job is done so that a graveyard run/res wasn't so guaranteed. It also seemed a little less enjoyable after doing the DK one which was incredibly cool and even has that hidden FoS.