Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Limit & Bans & Buying/Sharing New Accounts

With the post on reddit addressing Limit getting banned and their recent acquisition of new characters I figured we could discuss this here. Just for reference, this is the same guild that got banned for exploiting Helya: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Helya-Exploit

With a little bit of research I was immediately able to find 3 accounts they purchased.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...an/reformedman

Their warrior Pyronn was banned and this account transferred over and he is leveling characters on this account. This account was obviously purchased.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lidan/tagzzfan

This character used to be a paladin in Easy named Vyroxxdog, and one of Limit's players (Dossou) even admitted to them purchasing it. http://imgur.com/a/HTRdk

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../illidan/spkxo

This account was also purchased and now is being played in Limit.

If you go to: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/illidan/Limit and just look at their recent mythic kills you can see all their purchased accounts in place for their banned raiders.

I will continue to add more as I go through their WoWprogress/WoWtrack. It is just unbelievable to me that top end guilds can get away with being banned and buying new accounts and go straight back to raiding. It is essentially a slap in the face to everybody that follows the rules when they play this game. I am curious what thoughts are of other casual players who play. Hopefully Blizzard investigates their guild and takes actions against purchased accounts.

Edit: community member Binkenstein speaks out on twitter in regards to this: https://puu.sh/wdRAS/9dfbe59746.png
    Last edited by EarlThePaladin; 2017-06-08 at 12:07 AM.

Ya these guys bought a couple accounts from me. Its the only way they have a chance in the race blizzard will absolutely not do anything about it. Xyronic bought an account from to get level 40 ak and then level a fresh toon on the account give it ak40 and send it to a shell account to make it look like he started over but the account he is playing on is not in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlThePaladin View Post
    It is just unbelievable to me that top end guilds can get away with being banned and buying new accounts and go straight back to raiding. It is essentially a slap in the face to everybody that follows the rules when they play this game. I am curious what thoughts are of other casual players who play.
    Get away with being banned? That's an oxymoron. They lost their accounts, that's a pretty harsh punishment. Anyone can do the same as they did, ie start playing a new account after getting banned. Most just don't have some WoW detective keeping tabs on them. This isn't exclusive to high-end raiders as you seem to think. If they are account sharing/buying they will likely just get banned again. Report and move on.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-06-07 at 11:51 PM.

Looking at their wowprogress you can easily see they have bought/shared accounts. Just lookl at how many maxibabe alts are in for one kill. Quite funny one of their own snitched on them for cheating.

imgurDOTcom/gv5jYc2 - dont believe me go to their wowprogress page, recent guldan kill.

Proof of account sharing and buying to recover from the bans is soo easy to find, they really are sloppy at breaking the ToS T.T.... I guess that is how they got banned in the first place....

I cannot believe what they did. Even though they were my favorite guild in the race for world first, they should stay permanently banned for this. I would rather have a competent guild carry the US first flag than these kids. It is so sad how much time they put into the game and they are willing to risk everything for a little bit of cash... This is ridiculous.

Also is this not the guild that got banned for exploiting Mythic Helya in ToS race??

Banned for Helya cheating
    Banned for piloting sales runs
    Now buying new accounts to counter the sales run bans.

long history and culture of cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jajaraider View Post
    It is so sad how much time they put into the game and they are willing to risk everything for a little bit of cash... This is ridiculous.
    I mean it kinda makes sense to me. If you put this much time into a game, you don't have a lot of time to make money. Not condoning what they did, but really not surprising. Ppl gotta eat and the game doesn't afford much time to be a world first raider AND have a RL job anymore.

I mean when fully geared ak 40 accounts are only 300-400 dollars these days.... And Mythic Guldan is going for $400-500... Not hard to just rebuy all the accounts needed. This is why you never stream sales so that nothing accidentally slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Daygrind View Post
    Also is this not the guild that got banned for exploiting Mythic Helya in ToS race??

Banned for Helya cheating
    Banned for piloting sales runs
    Now buying new accounts to counter the sales run bans.

long history and culture of cheating.

I didn't even realize that... They were banned for exploiting a boss too?!?

I cannot believe what they did. Even though they were my favorite guild in the race for world first, they should stay permanently banned for this. I would rather have a competent guild carry the US first flag than these kids. It is so sad how much time they put into the game and they are willing to risk everything for a little bit of cash... This is ridiculous.
    You say little bit of cash.... but if they are doing 3-4 heroic ML and 3-4 mythic clears a week they could easily be pulling $1500+ each a month. Its not much of a risk when you can buy a new account for 1 weeks worth of profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlThePaladin View Post
    I didn't even realize that... They were banned for exploiting a boss too?!?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Helya-Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I mean it kinda makes sense to me. If you put this much time into a game, you don't have a lot of time to make money. Not condoning what they did, but really not surprising. Ppl gotta eat and the game doesn't afford much time to be a world first raider AND have a RL job anymore.
    I mean put it like this. Instead of finding any kind of work, they decided to abuse the ToS. It is just wrong man.

Deleted
    arent they gonna get banned again for buying accounts ??? XD

I mean put it like this. Instead of finding any kind of work, they decided to abuse the ToS. It is just wrong man.
    And it's illegal money,meaning it's not taxed,so they're not actually struggling in any way with money

lol all those 1-5 post accounts, this whole thread is sketchy as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Eh, the OP's proof is there though. They all are in NH now.
    Xyronic also hasn't streamed any of their raids...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    I mean when fully geared ak 40 accounts are only 300-400 dollars these days.... And Mythic Guldan is going for $400-500... Not hard to just rebuy all the accounts needed. This is why you never stream sales so that nothing accidentally slips.
    lol, you can easily buy characters with ak40 and 910 for not more than 120.. and that guldan money is divided by a lot of the raiders so not much profit. Just stupid in the first place to do sell runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    arent they gonna get banned again for buying accounts ??? XD
    Well it doesn't sound like they're actually using the accounts of the people they paid for. Not sure if they get to keep their accounts or not, but read a previous post in this thread. They buy an account with Ak40, level up a new toon on it, give it the AK40 and then transfer it to a new account.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    lol, you can easily buy characters with ak40 and 910 for not more than 120.. and that guldan money is divided by a lot of the raiders so not much profit. Just stupid in the first place to do sell runs.
    Thats not true you are talking about 3 runs a week with 3k pot split between 25 people. Sale runs make a very good amount of money alot of the best like myself make over 60k a year if you are the one finding the buyers.