• Guilty. Show some lenience in sentencing

23 20.91%
  • Innocent. She did nothing wrong

20 18.18%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doctor Lecter would be proud.

While it is clearly horrible what she did, I think people need to understand that theres a lot of psychological shit going on in these situations. It reminds me of mob mentality. Normal people can be convinced to do really heinous shit if theres enough people around them doing it too. Another good one is the bystander effect. Or perhaps even closer would be the people shouting "jump" in a crowd, hoping a man on a bridge / building will jump to his death when they don't even know him.

Its possible she was just going along with some primitive subconcious motions of her brain and not intentionally wanting her BF to kill himself

Or maybe i've just been watching too much Derren Brown

She needs to be tied up and kicked into a body of water.

Deleted
    I'm not as anti-suicide as most people, but she went beyond neutral discussion to convincing him to do it.

She is absolutely a scumbag, but I don't think she is guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Tough one, if assisted suicide isn't a crime then this really seems to boil down to whether or not he really wanted to do it. His actions are a little ambiguous, he clearly set up for this but then seemed to change his mind. I'm of the mind that suicide should be a wholly voluntary choice, this doesn't seem to be the case here so I'd say she's guilty.

EDIT: Re-read, it's assisted suicide through coercion that oddly isn't a crime, in which case I'd say she's innocent but this feels very unjust.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-06-08 at 08:25 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So she could get sympathy/attention on social media.

Edit: BTW, texting your friend, "If they read my texts I'm fucked," demonstrates consciousness of guilt.
    I mean, if you want to make a sensationalist clickbait title for an article you could spin it that way.

But reading the actual texts it looks more like both of them were deeply depressed and messed up, which is kind of what I expected. And I see nothing about attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If she thought what she was doing was right then why ask him to delete all her messages before he killed himself?
    Because there's a difference between what you think is right and what's legal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    She tweeted at a later point about suicide awareness. A big thing awareness campaigns center on isprevention.

She's done a lot of things that are inconsistent with the compassion angle youre trying to spin here.
    I'm just saying that it's possible that someone could be acting out of compassion in this instance, so intent could be a factor.

But again, I don't necessarily accept that this should be illegal at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm grateful for every moment. Every breath I take. Every day is beautiful.
    Surely you've been around the forus long enough to recognise Derpkitteh on one of her "I'm so damn edgy" jags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Malice is a question of intent, not action.
    If there was no malicious intent then she needs help in a closed institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not everyone has a support structure.
    I don't really have a support structure. Hence my comment about ideations/attempts being due to brain chemistry. Resiliency is relevant but it's complex and not wholly attributable to outside support, it can also be actively developed.

Yes, she should've contacted the authorities or the boy's parents at the very least.

Did she think he was joking?

Did she think he was trying to emotionally blackmail her?

18 year olds make bad decisions all the time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Surely you've been around the forus long enough to recognise Derpkitteh on one of her "I'm so damn edgy" jags?
    We have so many posters with depression/suicidal ideations so I just took her statements at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't want to change it.

and life isn't a gift. it's selfishly thrust upon us by shortsighted parents unable to stop for even a moment to consider what that person will go through. whether that person wants this. none of this is a gift, it's a slow burning hell.
    Someone still doesn't have flying unlocked.

7+ Year Old Account
    She definitely pushed him to it...like how is this up for debate? She's the guys girlfriend why would she not try to stop him?

Significant others have influence on each other.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Yeah, she sounds super depressed and naive

"“I helped ease him into it and told him it was okay . . . I could’ve easily stopped him or called the police but I didn’t,” she texted her friend."

Oh wait. Sorry she sounds like a total sociopath.
    Yep, cuz at that age there is plenty of time to turn things around. If you are 3-4x that age... a more viable option IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I blame the parents.

I would need to know the whole story of the relationship. Were they the type that joked often about "fuck it I will just blow my brains out" when McDonalds only gave them 2 BBQ cups instead of 3 with there nugs. Or were they always very serious and aware of these things and avoided them like the plague. It means a lot. I mean I tell my wife all the time that I plan to kick someones ass or slap the shit out of someone that is pissing me off but she knows it is purely a form of blowing off steam. If for some reason I walked over to the guy at the grocery that won't stop being annoying and punched him in the face one day out of the blue I couldn't really say she could be held accountable for my actions as someone that was aware of what I was plotting.

But I have to say she really comes off as a cold bitch and the push nature of the whole thing is very odd. Seemed like she really wanted to murder him via emotional pressure by making him feel suicide was the right way to go.

Talk about a real scumbag. This girl is sick and she deserves to serve time for her role in things.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Involuntary manslaughter? Really? After reading her texts, this is voluntary manslaughter and conspiracy at least. The DA should have pushed for Murder 1st and conspiracy.

The 'friend' she was talking to should be tried as an accomplice. There's no way she told this person about this immediately after the fact if they weren't aware of it happening beforehand.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post

It's literally a conversation.
    Not quite, but close:

con·ver·sa·tion
    ˌkänvərˈsāSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.
    "the two men were deep in conversation"
    synonyms: discussion, talk, chat, gossip, tête-à-tête, heart-to-heart, exchange, dialogue; More