Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I don't see how so many of you praise Island of thunder as fun and brilliant. It was just a pool of quest picked randomly that you had to do every single days for weeks like a boring chore with some "named" spawning that could be timed since they had the same re-spawn time and that would drop in second b4 you have to time to reach them if you weren't aware of the timer (at least on my server).

At the time it was introduced, we already passed trough so many daily that poeple complained so much blizzard implented something different in WoD and thats why we have WQ rather then daylies now.

The crying was real with daylies in MoP the river flooded countries.
    Last edited by Varlak; 2017-06-08 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It wasn't set by the Nightfallen/Suramar questline because the two are totally different things. The Nightfallen questline is in no way tied to the Broken Shore and in no way has it ever been brought up that the Broken Shore will be as good as the Suramar questlines. That is simply your expectation.
    No shit it's my expectation. Instead I got shit weeklies that have no connection to one another and no story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I sometimes really wonder if other MMOs are paying people to constantly bash and badmouth WoW. Yes, it wasn't as glorious a campaign as the Suramar/Nightfallen one (and real kudos to Blizz for that one, it was fantastic), but who freaking cares, it's over now. There is still enough to do in WoW, and I still never have the feeling of being bored. On the contrary, there is almost always more I want to do than I have time for.

Giving this feedback on the official forums is probably good to push the devs not to repeat this, but then just move on...
    Who cares that they gave us a shit sandwich that lasted for 3 months! We've eaten it now!!

Except that some of us didn't. I unsubbed and won't be back until mid-ToS at the earliest. Why? In part because I had nothing to do on my two 110s - the BS campaign was pathetic. Had it been 3-4 weeks? eh. But it was 3 MONTHS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that's what suffered the most more than likely to make sure 7.3 was done in time, they're mostly working on the next xpac now (to make sure it's ready for next year). I was still happy with it, still better than anything we got in wod.

plus we got a lot more content w/ it. I'm not even remotely mad or upset. I know why they did it, and there was definitely enough 7.2 content and soon to be 7.2.5 content that i'm happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No shit it's my expectation. Instead I got shit weeklies that have no connection to one another and no story.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares that they gave us a shit sandwich that lasted for 3 months! We've eaten it now!!

Except that some of us didn't. I unsubbed and won't be back until mid-ToS at the earliest. Why? In part because I had nothing to do on my two 110s - the BS campaign was pathetic. Had it been 3-4 weeks? eh. But it was 3 MONTHS.
    right, there was nothing else to do in the game at all, 7.2 ONLY added the broken shore and nothing else.

But it's okay, you're the type of person that plays right into what blizzard has accepted, the cyclical nature of subs. Some like me will stay subbed no matter what really, but then theres you that will quit, but come back in a few months. You're still doing what they want. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

right, there was nothing else to do in the game at all, 7.2 ONLY added the broken shore and nothing else.

But it's okay, you're the type of person that plays right into what blizzard has accepted, the cyclical nature of subs. Some like me will stay subbed no matter what really, but then theres you that will quit, but come back in a few months. You're still doing what they want. lol
    What else DID it add? Invasions? Fine, but once I've done each a time or two those are really just big world quests. Rares? /yawn. They drop nothing of interest. New WQs? Fine but I don't need to repeat them for 12 weeks. Chests? Are you fucking kidding me? The new 5 man was nice, but made a lot less relevant because of the Relinquished gear.

Go ahead - list all the compelling new 7.2 content champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I liked it more than Timeless Isle. I really hated Timeless Isle. So much grinding on frogs, constantly running to and just missing rares, and no real content to do.

IMO, in order from best to worst,

Isle of Thunder (MoP)
    Tanaan Jungle (WoD)
    Molten Front (Cata)
    Quel'danis (TBC)
    Broken Shore (Legion)
    Timeless Isle (MoP)
    Have you considered it wasn't meant to be "just another island" content to tide you over until a new expansion?

We can argue it isn't super great content but not all content is going to hit the mark. Just as long as we don't need to suffer it for six months to a year. Ugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing will beat Timeless Isles lol, I'm sorry but that was the most fun I've had in open world content outside of the leveling experience of Legion at launch...guess I can connect those dots to flying? Flying literally ruins the fun to be had in the world with other players because everyone zooms and zooms out, no chance to help each other or get into big PVP battles when everyone is flying getting what needs to be done, done and going away

I wouldn't say it was a failure though, just not very interesting or new or innovative. The Legionfall campaign was fucking terrible though, that was a utter failure of story telling and player engagement. But other then that Broken Isles gave us more of the same of what Legion has been offering up until now. So.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-06-09 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin is not bad character, but Anduin cinematic wasnt that epic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I liked it more than Timeless Isle. I really hated Timeless Isle. So much grinding on frogs, constantly running to and just missing rares, and no real content to do.

IMO, in order from best to worst,

Isle of Thunder (MoP)
    Tanaan Jungle (WoD)
    Molten Front (Cata)
    Quel'danis (TBC)
    Broken Shore (Legion)
    Timeless Isle (MoP)
    Timeless Isle was exactly as it was advertised, a massive catch-up mechanic area with 2 pieces of progression content for those it mattered to, i.e the 4 celestial pets and Ordos. In the end it turned out to be a little more than that with the whole ordon PvP mechanic. And chasing after rares was half the fun, with so many players around you trying the same.
    Try telling me you compete with content on Broken Shore with "many" players. You can't. It has failed as patch content. It was alright for the first 20-25 minutes, then died out with all the nerfs to content there, including the sentinax. Once players got Pathfinder Part 2, they didn't return to the island unless they absolutely needed to for the so called "campaign" or to do their daily resource turn in for a lego chance.
    Timeless Isle you could see troves of players at each area doing something or the other for almost the entirety of its lifetime in its patch.

This was just 1 example of how to shoot down people defending the failure that is the Broken Shore. Heck, it's in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    We can argue it isn't super great content but not all content is going to hit the mark. Just as long as we don't need to suffer it for six months to a year. Ugh.
    That's what you'll end up doing, you'll be very lucky to see Argus before September, leaving Boring Chore as an at least 5 months long endgame zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That's what you'll end up doing, you'll be very lucky to see Argus before September, leaving Boring Chore as an at least 5 months long endgame zone.
    Pathetic that they would even think this would be enough. Such a zone should not stay as the most relevant open world zone for more than two months maximum.

Broken shore is awesome

defo the worst zone of its type yet

I don't really enjoy Broken Shore, I think the main issue was when you look at Insurrection and the build-up - it left a bad taste in the mouth when you see Broken Shore fall very short of that mark Insurrection made. I would log on daily to keep my eye on the progress there even if it was a weekly quest regime... Broken Shore I would sorta meander there and get round to doing it as it wasn't as immersive, it simply didn't feel like we were pushing forward to Broken Shore after the introduction.

They should have done it in sub-sections so each week you opened it up through quests till eventually you were at the door for the raid to open or near enough. That way they could regulate the quests and helped with things like Sentinax farming and even tie in Class mounts at a earlier stage say, you needed a magical steed to cross something. I know that is a true pigeon-holing and gating effect however, considering in the beginning of the expansion we got our arses kicked - it would be far more suitable that once we powered up we didn't feel like we could walk right up to the Tomb's door unlike before in the scenario.

Nothing in Broken Shore felt like we needed to be there. It's what I would class it as the "Indiana Jones" effect.

To answer: I didn't enjoy Broken Shore, but neither did I with Timeless Isle which to me was quite similar to Broken Shore - all open and available with little attachment to lore, characters and storyline. Everyone stood there, handing quests out and the player did other stuff disconnected with the flow of progression of the world, with a touch of the expansion's theme to get rewards.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-09 at 08:01 AM.

I really enjoyed the zone (but I feel they could have made it much better) since it put the war thing in perspective and war is quite repetitive. Also since I am not that hardcore, it allowed me to enjoy the game at a medium pace, having something to do for an hour everyday and also keep up with the rest of the content. The biggest miss in my opinion is that everything is quite easy and it seems like the demons are not being very strong opponents. Like, did those guys really kill Varian, Tirion and Vol'jin a few months ago. Makes their deaths quite bad. I mean, we got the artifacts and gear but I as a 905 mage can do every WQ on the shore without any effort, even the "elite" one in front of the ToS, where you have to kill 10 demons, as a mage I just run and pull 10-12-15 of them and kill them in 15 sec, it's laughable to even consider it an elite WQ. I can even kill most of the skull guys alone with TW and a pot, and I'm sure DKs, DHs, and other sustain self-heal classes can do them with even less effort. They should have put some mobs with abilities and make us suffer more in terms of having to group to do quests (which would even go good with the war theme, having group operations or something like that) or having to minmax your abilities on single person challenges like sabotage or such. They could have used some mobs from NH or Krosus type or Gul'dan fight type of demons. It feels like a wasted opportunity. The biggest downside there is, is not having the structures all the time, and that's not that bad as you always have at least one and they aren't a real necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    And where is that exactly

If I'm playing another game that means I can't post on their forums

If I'm on twitter they get thousands of inane tweets a day

If I'm here you bitch about it

If I email them.... who exactly do you email to address feral druid mechanics issues that have been compounding for 6+ years? I didn't see that contact anywhere on their site.

Great advice.
    Yeah moving on or staying positive is bad

Deleted
    I liked the part where I killed demons and collected what they dropped.

Haha, no I didnt

Storywise, it's terrible. All this "Preparing for an assault" is nothing but smoke.

Gameplay-wise, it's terrible. It's nothing but more of the same world quests with a slightly increased rewards and points towards Legionfall Rep.

Thematic-wise, it's terrible. It gives no sense of urgency or danger, especially with Blizzard going "Oh! People liked Khadgar's humour!" and dialed it to 13, making it ridiculous.

I'd rather have timeless Isle again, honestly. No world quests but at least there were toys and trinkets from the mobs, mini-games and stealth puzzles and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which brings us to what I've initially said; it is all about expectations. I didn't have hyperinflated expectations, which is why I'm more or less satisfied with what they've put out.