Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Alot of people manage both quite fine at the same time. If you use a decent weak aura setup, you dont have to stare at anything. Because all the info you need is right there at the centre of your screen, including boss timers, cooldowns and resource situation.

(Im guessing you mean stare at your bars, not keyboard. If you still need to look at your keyboard when pushing abilities, you need to practice your muscle memory)
    it's a game, not everyone keens it with hundreds of addons. some people play for fun.

My BoS uptime is a few seconds, guess this build is for not for fresh 110s.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    it's a game, not everyone keens it with hundreds of addons. some people play for fun.
    You dont need hundreds, you need 1. Weak auras. And I could argue that using weak auras to improve the interface, also improved the fun.

There is even ready made packs for every class on wago.io, all you have to do is find a one you like and import it.

(Example right now: Im playing Cities Skylines, and the game is HUGELY more fun after installing 15 addons that improve on the basic interface and function of the game. It just feel like a much better game.)
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2017-06-09 at 10:45 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    My BoS uptime is a few seconds, guess this build is for not for fresh 110s.
    Well seems to be a skill issue. Because with ERW ans ressource pooling you should reach 30sec.

Should Obliteration be buffed or removed completely to be replaced by a more interesting talent which fit the rotation better (Rime procs)?

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Well seems to be a skill issue. Because with ERW ans ressource pooling you should reach 30sec.
    Probably, leveling through invasions doesn't really require a good rotation, and I haven't tried to max it out. Still would prefer a spec where I din't need to monitor my resources that much. My fury warrior is much more simple, but fun.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, leveling through invasions doesn't really require a good rotation, and I haven't tried to max it out. Still would prefer a spec where I din't need to monitor my resources that much. My fury warrior is much more simple, but fun.
    UH DK is probably a better bet then, and its looking to be pretty nice in Tomb. Its more cooldown focused and very different from Frost.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    IMO, make Obliteration reward a heavy haste build and leave BoS to mastery builds...
    Lining up Fel-Oiled Infernal Machine with every other Obliteration makes it a bit more fun... you feel like Obliteration is an actual buff window instead of just smoothing out rune depletion in combination with ERW.
    Memento crit proc + Condordance in there is especially nice (multiple 3mil Rimes within AoE burst is just beautiful)

Which leaves the elephant in the room issue: HB + Blast Radius nerfs... these have hit Obliteration far harder than BoS builds due to HB being far higher percentage of our damage.
    With the attractiveness of T20 x2 and x4... BoS is well catered for when dropping T19.... Obliteration has nothing to replace the essential x2 buff.... without that it's just a joke.
    Last edited by mmoc164cb6f849; 2017-06-09 at 11:56 AM.

I would just like to see some alternatives to BoS. Its too strong to the rest right now. Having a talent row where one talent is everything is bad.
    Sure Machinegun build was pretty "meh" but atleast that makes u able to help out with mechanics during fights compared to BoS where u HAVE to be on boss all the time.

Obliteration: Activating Pillar of Frost causes your next 6 Obliterates to cost 1 less rune and deal additional Frost damage.

Boom! Done. Combining that with Icecap should reap a competitive build. Furthermore, you would be filling more gcd's naturally, so taking Frostscythe in T90 would be perfectly viable as the RP gain from RA would become less valuable.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2017-06-09 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DankFluid View Post
    30-80 seconds if you want to not be able to enjoy the encounter and stare at your keyboard to make sure you dont miss something.
    You're melee, you do t enjoy the encounter anyways cause you're staring at a bosses ass anyways...if you have to stare at the keyboard during breath tonspam two abilities and hit a third one on cooldown then the problem isn't the build...it's you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Should Obliteration be buffed or removed completely to be replaced by a more interesting talent which fit the rotation better (Rime procs)?
    The current iteration needs to be completely reworked from the ground up. If they can't do that then it needs to be removed.

I think it's better to have one balanced sub-spec that dozen mediocre. You can't satisfy everyone, before BoS buff there have been ton of hate towards boring obliteration playstyle. If you're picking what to play based on your enjoyment, and you don't enjoy frost, then you shouldn't play frost.

I have mixed feelings on BoS.
    It's the only thing that makes our rotation fun and interesting, however it also prevents us from doing encounter mechanics since we'd lose an insane amount of damage from doing them.
    Kerathane Main DK

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    Obliteration: Activating Pillar of Frost causes your next 6 Obliterates to cost 1 less rune and deal additional Frost damage.

Boom! Done. Combining that with Icecap should reap a competitive build. Furthermore, you would be filling more gcd's naturally, so taking Frostscythe in T90 would be perfectly viable as the RP gain from RA would become less valuable.
    Theres so many thing that have been mentioned that could make this talent completely viable but Blizzard continues to ignore. So sad how lazy blizzard has become, Only want the money, The game as been reduced from Classes to a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Theres so many thing that have been mentioned that could make this talent completely viable but Blizzard continues to ignore. So sad how lazy blizzard has become, Only want the money, The game as been reduced from Classes to a spec.
    gotta keep them dollars coming in....if they have to invest in one spec at a time we play longer. The talent needs to be completely scrapped though, it's such shit. GA needs a redesign as well and then they need to shift talents around...Why Freezing Fog is in the same row as Horn of Winter is beyond me. Same with RA being in the same row as FSc and GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingerie View Post
    I think it's better to have one balanced sub-spec that dozen mediocre. You can't satisfy everyone, before BoS buff there have been ton of hate towards boring obliteration playstyle.
    A dozen different playstyles within one spec would be a tall order. Nobody is asking for that. One viable option other than BoS is a reasonable request though.

If you're picking what to play based on your enjoyment, and you don't enjoy frost, then you shouldn't play frost.
    See, here is the thing. Some of us having been playing Frost for a long time. Some of us like using our iconic abilities (Frost Strike) within the rotation on a frequent basis because that is how the spec is meant to be played at the most basic level.

BoS is a niche playstyle; Having it as an option is interesting but it should never be mandatory. BoS can be competitive, but it should never take precedent over the natural rotation. Especially by a wide margin like it does at this moment.

You're saying don't play Frost if you don't enjoy Frost. I'm saying BoS isn't Frost and I don't want to play BoS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Same with RA being in the same row as FSc and GS.
    Outside of Obliteration and GA being totally worthless, that is the most annoying thing about our talent grid. I mean, who thought it was a good idea to put RA in that tier. Who and why? It makes zero sense.

What do you guys think of a talent like "Shattering Strikes" and potentially enchanting both weapons with Razorice. Could this be a fun playstyle?

Also, what about the idea of getting new enchantments of runeforging instead of only having Fallen Crusader and Razorice.

I think it's better to have one balanced sub-spec that dozen mediocre. You can't satisfy everyone, before BoS buff there have been ton of hate towards boring obliteration playstyle. If you're picking what to play based on your enjoyment, and you don't enjoy frost, then you shouldn't play frost.
    The new form of BoS is completely trash. Frost has had its play style changed over the course of the last few expansions a ridiculous number of times, going from Oblit heavy, FS heavy, Frost Scythe for ST, Howling blast spam and now BoS. The thing was that before, you could play a different style compared to the current cookie cutter spec and still do 85-90% of the "bests" damage. Now that is not the case, and a Standard Frost player probably cant do 65% of what a BoS spec DK does.

The game is getting more and more terrible as it goes on, due to laziness and the Dev's lack of attention to forums like these. They only listen to their little group of QA testers, who are doing an awful job.

Basically all traditional melee are 'resource' based classes. If you don't like resources, you don't like DKs, we're not about cooldowns, we're about tracking your runes. It's literally the entire class. It's the best design Blilzz has made too

It seems like Unholy will do better in this Tier because of the .. flat 5% dmg increase, better tier set, buff to arbiter build/legendary/death coil (all of this synergyze with the legendary shoulder) ... and that godly legendary ring, plus the fact, that you don't have to ''Stick'' to the target to do good DPS. All these buff... I don't think it's a coincidence, they want ''competitive'' DK to switch to unholy for this Tier until they fix Frost talents in the next big patch... I mean seriously, other than the BoS build the rest of the talents are fucking terrible, you can't do *anywhere near* BoS DPS with ANY other build. Frost talents really need a huge overhaul in almost every single DPS row.

Well to be honest, i'm not saying that BoS Frost will be bad for this Tier, i'm just saying that Unholy will do just as good/if not better without all the major inconvenience of BoS
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2017-06-11 at 05:24 AM.