Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Conjuring something up doesn't seem like it should be instant, rather a bit of work/magic goes into it. You know, like, call upon and/or summon it?
    I was referring more to the animation part but to be fair, it allegedly contains a tremendous amount of power so it only makes sense for it to be instant cast. I mean, it needs something to back up the story they gave it and being tiny and underwhelming is not it.

Paladin - I rock the Holy variant and it's really nice. Wish it had more armor, though. Like the trials mount, for example, or the PvP horse. The trail in neat.
    Rogue - THE best class mount (and one of the best overall) I have. Not to mention, the prequest was dope. I play on PvP servers since Vanilla, and doing some sneaky Alliance city assassinations is what it's all about! Loved it. Mounting animation is nice. The Crow is SO DOPE!
    Warrior - meh. Another protodrake remodel. I like originals more. Punching it in the face was a nice touch though.
    Druid - well, it's a free ridable mount, but, man, that bird has some back problems, holy shit!
    DK - a VERY low resolution version of the ICC mount. Good idea - poor execution.
    Last edited by Smag; 2017-06-09 at 12:19 PM.

Daily reminder that the mage mount is trash, barely has a mounting animation, has no /mountspecial, and it's a circle with some glowy balls on it.

It's basically the shaman mount without the whole elemental part. It's insulting to every mage and the person who made it shouldn't be allowed to have a job ever again, not just in gaming, they just shouldn't be allowed to work, they would probably fuck up an order of french fries at mcdonalds.

I'm a monk, I have a night elf mount that walks in the air. It's ugly as all fucks.

At least there's beer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    It should be instant cast with a neat animation so that it fits the bill of feeling "conjured". That, plus my suggestion of increasing its size/thickness would make it far more enjoyable and appropriate for an "Archmage".
    Well, not sure the need to quote things. Mages for years have conjured their tables and mana-related foodstuffs and drinks to replenish so it's in the class lore for years. Even having a unique animation like Paladins did would be interesting for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I don't like the Shaman mount that much, will go back to Grove Warden soon. The Elemental just looks cheap to me and I can see the layers how it's created. I wonder why they didn't apply some smoke effects to hide all the layers at least on higher graphic settings? If they made all the Shaman mounts with that technology would be huge resource hog though.

Yet I absolutely adore the Hunter mount, it's like the coolest mount ever right now. Lots of fine detail and nicely animated. No wonder I've lately played on my Hunter alt more than on Main..

Hunter scenario was ways better than Shaman too, you actually had to do stuff and search the area while Shaman was just kill 3 minibosses and listen to dialogue, again in the Throne of Four Winds raid where every Shaman scenario seems to happen in Legion.. Hunter was in Halls of Valor Forest area and I didn't at first even recognize it, thought I was in Azsuna or Val'Sharah..
    I have to agree with you that the Shaman mount wasn't that great looking. In fact, I was sad they still haven't tried to update the whole texture effects with the swirling that came back from the days of Molten Core - I mean honestly they could come up with perhaps something visually more interesting. They simply make it similar to how they do sky boxes really. Masking through the tga transparency but I guess... they went for the easier solution. I would have preferred it if they used a different model say like the Prince Thunderaan one (although I know it's water reskinned, it looks way better).

That's kinda cool that you hunt for in in like a sacred area - I wasn't expecting that and rather they shipped you out to somewhere like you mentioned which in a way devalue the mount itself.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-06-09 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my flat faced owl mount. The scenario was kinda cute - but a lot of killing for a holy priest. My biggest beef - the holy one is "golden", the disc "silver". My favourite transmog has always been white/silver to go with the white hair - but I ride a gold mount. Petty I know - wish I could ride the "colour" of my choice. Oh and did I mention, the owly thing has a terrible dandruff problem - dropping stuff every where when it moves.

Deleted
    Mage mount looks better than I imagined it but is still a disappointment.

Druid is pretty ugly to me (I can see how some people can like it, tho)

Priest is just fucking cool and has beautiful animations

Hunter is a pretty cool mount

I've not earned mine but seen it in depth around my hall.

Dope.

Seriously though, it's a cool mount and the fact they made it an actual replace for the mount form as Druids is... perfect. So happy they did that. Was worried it wouldn't be which is sooooo dumb considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not fan of the Lightspawn seeker. Its some owl tiger that honestly really makes no dam sense lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    What does anything have to do with an agenda? But anyway...
    I am not greatly inflating it. The pristine black diamond did cost what I wrote on the AH. I said so in my post that it was on the AH, period. So meanwhile it might have been different on another server (I don't think so but hey I am openminded), this was the price. Ergo the paladin mount would cost more then a regular epic mount. Because not only did you have to pay for the Diamond... you also required to "donate" for the barding. (as it is now) The only thing is I can't recall out of the top of my head what price that barding had... It MIGHT be 300 gold? But I am not sure so correct me if I am wrong. So that makes the barding + the pristine black diamond already 1.000/1.200 gold and I haven't even included any other smaller prices materials. Mainly because I don't think those were expensive enough to warrant attention.
    Obviously since I said I did find a Diamond... I indeed did not nearly spent (but I did grind the full price, as I said) as much gold as a "regular" player. I never said I did not. I did say that I spent as much work (if not more due to the questline and gathering of a specific item) as a regular player tho. Because that is the truth.
    Prove it then.

There are plenty of accounts out there that say the total cost was less than 1000g.

It didn't cost what you claim period.

You are trying to spin this fiction to support your complaints that the new mounts quest and subsequent rewards are not nearly as "epic" because you "worked harder for it" in vanilla, and you are flat out lying. I provided firsthand accounts from years ago when people were simply discussing the quest for the sake of discussion and NOT with an agenda to claim it was MORE work. You are flat out lying.

This discussion was over from your first petty post. Nobody believes you and no one feels sorry for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I disagree on the last part... the encounter in Scholomance is the one i remember putting a lot of work in.

1. Generally finding a group ready to do it with you was a challenge on it's own.
    2. Then Scholomance itself was not really an easy instance.
    3. The encounter did require you do have some knowledge of your class... You had to utilize seal-switching to stun the mobs, while also having enough DPS to not simply get overran.

In the end it did feel very rewarding.
    Scholomance was a dungeon that (as a warlock) I spent a lot of time in completing the dreadmist set. So for my brother on his paladin... it was really quite a cheese.

I want to be clear that I didn't actually address how anyone felt about the reward itself... because that is entirely subjective.

The work up to that specific quest/encounter is/was objectively less work. The encounter itself was no more challenging than any other encounter in vanilla. By the time either myself or my brother had enough money to pay for the various parts of that quest, we had both seen our fair share of bad pugs, and knew competent players capable of helping us with said quests.

It was interesting, it was unique. But we both had epic mounts long before anyone else in our guild... so it wasn't THAT hard.

The paladin one is nice; I wasn't keen on it at first but it grew on me. Pity to get all 4 variants involves getting all traits in all 3 specs.

Only thing I would change about the paladin mount would be it really oughta have wings when flying. Either physical wings like Invincible or, preferably, glowing wings of the Light or something.

The questline and the lore were awesome though. A real homage to the old quest line, and also I've always had a fondness for Stratholme. Also, Rivendare's Deathcharger was the first rare mount I ever farmed out, so that's cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it (Hunter here), however I just can't unsee a wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I didn't kill a single red dragon when I did it, I just slipped past them all, grabbed the book then ran out.
    Yep, and adding an achievement to do it one way while not adding one for doing it the other way means that it's kinda lorewise expected you go out of your way to roam around killing all of them. Yes, you could choose to miss the achievement, or miss it by not knowing there is one, but there was even a tweet from Muffinus suggesting killing all the dragons "will have lore consequences".

Yes I know death knights lorewise can't leave peaceful life as they're killing machines but it's different to direct your bloodlust against enemies and different to just go and kill everyone for fun. And tbh I'm glad I don't have to choose between losing an achievement and being a dick.

I like the DK mount and storyline, but the druid one is pretty ugly and didn't care much for the quest either.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Isn't only the acquisition of them tied to the spec?
    At least for paladins it is.
    Paladins, Warlocks, Hunters and Rogues earn extra mount recolours by having a concordance in x spec, so they get extra mounts.
    Mages, Priests, Shamans, Warriors, DKs do not have extra mounts, they have 1 mount that changes colour depending on spec.
    Druid one is a shapeshift that replaces flight form and changes colour depending on race.
    Monk and DH just have 1 version, period.

the piece of shit designing the rogue quest line should be shot. With a 12 pound cannonball. Also the rogue one is really meh. Most are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the piece of shit designing the rogue quest line should be shot. With a 12 pound cannonball. Also the rogue one is really meh. Most are.
    "I don't like a thing in a video game, kill the people responsible" is always a healthy response. How old are you, 11?

And people wonder why gamers have so many stigmas attached to them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than it being a cool idea I have no strong feelings either way. I like the Monk one and wish that Druids would have got an actual mount and not just a form but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish my tiger had different color variations to match the different specs...I'd take that over talking any day.

7+ Year Old Account
    DK mount surprisingly got to live with its low res textures which is a bummer. I thought it was just a PTR thing.

Besides that, the gating is finally done with atleast for the mount, so whatevs.