Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Why do people carry their cell phones in their back pocket?

I see tons of people carrying their cell phone in their back pocket, and I have no idea why anyone would do this. You're much more likely to have your phone broken, stolen, or lost by carrying it in your back pocket as opposed to your front pocket.

What are the advantages of carrying it in the back pocket?

It's more comfortable and I'm not particularly worried about my phone breaking, losing it, or it being stolen.

I don't understand how it can be more comfortable. Do you never sit? Seems stupid to have to keep moving it just to sit.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I put it in my jockstrap

because societal pressure tells them they should. Mine goes in my front pocket.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The best place to put it is in your underwear under your ballsack.

I carry it in my back pocket at work because I work standing up and it would bump into stuff all the time in one of my front pockets, where I have everything else like wallet, keys, etc. Normally though yes I'll carry it in a front pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I put it in my jockstrap
    Not everyone has heaps of room there as you do

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    thats awesome.

Nobody does this...very few people anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Nobody does this...very few people anyways.
    Clearly you don't see alot of girls in your lifetime.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, girls/women I know do it because most of their pants/shorts/jeans/etc don't have real or full sized front pockets, so back pockets it is...
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You can slide it between your balls and cock?

Holster is probably the best but you look like a dweeb.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I carry them in my hand cause my front pockets are full and Im sure I'll sit with my phone in my back pocket if I put it there.

I wear cargo shorts and pants, so mine goes in my side pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I don't understand how it can be more comfortable. Do you never sit? Seems stupid to have to keep moving it just to sit.
    I take my phone out of my pocket when I'm sitting regardless of whether it's in my front or back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    How often do you get up and sit back down??

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I've never really understood why people put anything in their back pockets, it seems like an invitation to have stuff stolen or broken.
    I don't get this. Where do you people live that you're just getting shit stolen out of your pants all the time? If I thought this were a serious threat, I'd move out of whatever hellhole I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's more comfortable and I'm not particularly worried about my phone breaking, losing it, or it being stolen.
    Most of the phones I've repaired were damaged due to someone sitting down with it in their back pocket.

I always advise against it. Even if you typically take out your phone before sitting, it doesn't mean you won't ever forget about it when you go to sit.