Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

What exactly are they protesting against shariah law for, is there some push to enforce it that I haven't heard of yet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Are they retarded? Why would you form a counter-protest against a protest against islamic laws? As far as I'm concerned, all those counter-protestors should be investigated to see if they have any ties to islamist organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajimo View Post
    What exactly are they protesting against shariah law for, is there some push to enforce it that I haven't heard of yet?
    The only people with the power to get their religion enshrined in American laws are Christians. So...no.

The cynic in me says they took the anti-Sharia law angle because it's more PC than just coming out and saying they don't like Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The only people with the power to get their religion enshrined in American laws are Christians. So...no.

The cynic in me says they took the anti-Sharia law angle because it's more PC than just coming out and saying they don't like Muslims.
    EH, I wouldnt say that, there could be bleeding heart liberals out there who are ok with honor killings and shit like that...but who knows. Gladly we live in a country where the majority still dont put up with that shit. And it's not like Christians these days are into slavery, women as objects and stuff like that

This is pretty hilarious tho, and all this does is further alienate the left to the normal person. This is why Trump won, because retards like this. Everyone is in agreement that Sharia law is bad, but if the right champions that notion, well then we extreme leftists will counter-protest

Fuckin retards

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

That Kekistan flag.

In an effort to not get infracted, I'll at least say that its funny those people hating on Muslims are very likely religious themselves, which is particularly ironic. I mean, as a homosexual, I'm no fan of any religion since we've kind of been one of the biggest targets of them (besides women) in history, but Sharia Law isn't trying to be passed in the US. And there's no way that it ever could be with the Constitution.

Also the Kekistan thing is and has always been utterly retarded. And the fact that somebody would put the time, effort, and resources into buying/making one and bringing it to a protest is sad.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-06-11 at 01:54 AM.

Deleted
    Protesting against anti-sharia law... Oh boy, that's a tough one to sell

Protesting against Sharia law is like protesting against lack of air conditioners on mars ...
    No one is enforcing that, and if they do I'm sure they will end up in jail in no time.

That's not to say these people don't have an extensive knowledge on the matter, I'm sure they are all experts on how Islam works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    EH, I wouldnt say that, there could be bleeding heart liberals out there who are ok with honor killings and shit like that...but who knows. Gladly we live in a country where the majority still dont put up with that shit. And it's not like Christians these days are into slavery, women as objects and stuff like that

This is pretty hilarious tho, and all this does is further alienate the left to the normal person. This is why Trump won, because retards like this. Everyone is in agreement that Sharia law is bad, but if the right champions that notion, well then we extreme leftists will counter-protest

Fuckin retards
    Saying things like "no more muslims" isn't the same as "no shariah law"

Also, lol@ “I don't believe Islam can peacefully co-exist with the Constitution... I'm not going to tell them they can come here and take away my Second Amendment right."

I don't think I could write a more paranoid bit of zenophobic conservative clap-trap if I tried.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Fuckin retards
    Sharia law doesn't have legal power in the US, just like Leviticus doesn't have any power

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Sharia law doesn't have legal power in the US, just like Leviticus doesn't have any power
    Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine hold more power in the United States than Sharia law. Those people out there fighting against it are just the right version of SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    No shit. But just like in certain parts of Europe and the UK, strongholds can exist. There's a fine line between tolerating and accepting, and neither is ok. Simply put, any form of sharia is not ok, and tolerating it within families or communities within the US is a big fat NO. There have been honor killings in the US, and the penalty shouldnt be lenient because "its part of their religion" or "they are minorities" and what not. Any form should be met with harsh penalties, and there should be laws on the books preventing any leniency like some states have already done

10+ Year Old Account
    No shit. But just like in certain parts of Europe and the UK, strongholds can exist. There's a fine line between tolerating and accepting, and neither is ok. Simply put, any form of sharia is not ok, and tolerating it within families or communities within the US is a big fat NO. There have been honor killings in the US, and the penalty shouldnt be lenient because "its part of their religion" or "they are minorities" and what not. Any form should be met with harsh penalties, and there should be laws on the books preventing any leniency like some states have already done
    And do you have any evidence that honor killings go "unpunished" in the US?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

honor killings in the us? can you name three in the last 5 years?

the sad thing is you drink the fearmongering so much you are spreading it.

This is why Trump won, because retards like this.
    Precisely. Trump won because people are stupid. And it doesn't get more stupid than protesting something that will literally never happen. They might as well be holding Muggles Against Voldemort signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajimo View Post
    They are protesting against that belief system. Which is completely fine for them to do. I dont know why would would Protest for that belief system. Dunno why there is a counter protest.

Precisely. Trump won because people are stupid. And it doesn't get more stupid than protesting something that will literally never happen. They might as well be holding
    Muggles Against Voldemort signs.

You personally dont have to be under threat of the law to protest its very existance. Also the fact that there are muslims in America that still believe in sharia law and privately practice it in some cases is also a reason to protest. Just because law makers arent trying to bring it into law doesnt mean the very idea cant be protested.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2017-06-11 at 02:09 AM.

Precisely. Trump won because people are stupid. And it doesn't get more stupid than protesting something that will literally never happen. They might as well be holding Muggles Against Voldemort signs.
    Are people stupid for voting against the ideology of responding to terrorist attacks by pretending they haven't happened?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So wouldn't the people protesting "muggles against Voldemort" signs be even stupider? o.O
    Not if their message was "Voldemort doesn't exist, you fucking morons."

But I see nothing stupid about showing solidarity with people who do actually exist and who are constantly being demonized by shitheads.

Deleted
    So can anyone actually find this massive push for Sharia law? Been searching for some time, and all I get is books from some rather sketchy sources.