Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warlock Champion Optimization Guide

Under Construction
    Last edited by Frostys99; 2017-06-11 at 12:29 PM. Reason: posting spreadsheet

This will help me out on my new lock. Thank you

Deleted
    How do you get all these champion's item ?

I should have like 1-2 of each..

Xou.

I managed to get 3 Nethershard, 2 AP and 2 War supplies off in the span of these 72 hours. And I only have Lulu with mission reduction.
    So unless you managed to get 3 of each off I don't really see the big fuss about this

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I managed to get 3 Nethershard, 2 AP and 2 War supplies off in the span of these 72 hours. And I only have Lulu with mission reduction.
    So unless you managed to get 3 of each off I don't really see the big fuss about this
    Can I ask what champions you use and with what equipment to be able to do so many? I can do one of each at the moment! It'd be good to know so I can make some changes
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Post pics of your champion setup. What you claim is impossible.

It's really easy to get 2x each mission, you just need to start them right away when the command center is up, make sure to claim them when ready and then wait a bit to have them respawn before the building is gone.

I do it everytime, you just need to have the -20% mission duration class hall perk.

And don't have the bad luck I had this week, with every mission needing 2x minion counter with the second one being a duration increase...

How do you get all these champion's item ?
    If you haven't get all your followers (even your inactive ones) to ilvl 900. This will force all your missions and work orders to not give the ilvl bumping items thus increasing your chances of getting the ones you want.

Well my setup is rather simple.
    I send off AP and War supplies mission instantly with no mission time reduction. Only the 20% you get from the Order research. This made me get 2 of each.

For the Nethershard I have:
    Jubeka with 15% reduce, 10% reduce
    Lulubelle with 10% reduce
    Meatball to reach 100% succes chance

This took the mission down to 28.5 hours and then it was roughly 2-4 hours respawn between each. So very easy to get 3 off if you use Jubeka

i really need to get my hands on meatball and moroes

Homophobia is so gay.

These are the musts for me:

Calydus (Dem)- missions with hazards 15%, Fel Imp Tooth Legendary (15% reduced duration and 15% increased chance), Helm of Command (15% BHA), Bottomless Flask (30% Mission > 8 hours)
    Jubeka (Des) - 20% reduced, Pathfinder's Saddle (15% reduced duration) and Fel Imp Tooth Legendary, Bottomless Flask
    Meatball - Bottomless Flask, Auspicious Fetish (15% increased chance), Sturdy Hiking Boots (20% Mission > 8 hours)
    Rittsyn (Des) - Black Harvest Harbinger (15% with Black Harvest Acolytes), Black Harvest Curio (20% BHA), Helm of Command
    Shinfel (A) - Missions 8 hours 20%, Bottomless Flask, Helm of Command, Lucky Doodad (10% chance), need a Vial of Timeless Breath (40% Mission > 8 hours)
    Eradar Twins - 15% when accompanied by Imps, Bottomless Flask, Vial of Timeless Breath and Helm of Command
    Kanrethad (A)- Missions with Spells 15% (have him set up as main follower, will change when I get more items)

I try to have 2 Demo, 2 Affliction and 2 Destruction and Meatball as followers most of the time. I use Eradar Twins more than Lulu. So my usual benched people are:

Zinnin (A)
    Lulu (Dem)
    Kira (Des)

I do not see any big benefits from the last three getting used all the time.
    Last edited by Amonthar; 2017-06-12 at 05:46 PM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lulu and Kira. Really?

which bodyguard do you guys use? i currently have Rittsyn but his big green mount is driving me nuts!!!
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Lulu and Kira. Really?
    I went to the link and looked to see what it suggested. I left disappointed. Those two offer barely anything of value.

My issue at the moment is unlocking that third item slot on my followers. Either its taking a very long time or im doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I went to the link and looked to see what it suggested. I left disappointed. Those two offer barely anything of value.
    I use Kira for 1 reason, and 1 reason only. The healthstones she generates can be used to keep Fel Guard Brutes alive, even after you spec out of being able to create Fel Guard Butes. So basically, she allows you to have 7 followers + 2 Brutes, instead of either or.

I look at her "chance to generate a healthstone" as "a chance to generate a felguard brute", because the brutes only have 2 health, so you have to keep them topped off or they die. My brutes have Demonic Circle and Spell Lock. You can spec into them, keep hiring new ones, and killing them off until you get two with counters you like, then swap to the 7 follower trait, and keep them alive with healthstones indefinitely (just make sure not to send them on missions with uncountered lethal threats).

I'll agree that Lulu's trait is pretty much straight garbo, but then so is the Eredar Twins' since I hardly ever use imps at all. That said, Twins' trait is still more useful than Lulu's in that +15% on the rare occasion is still better than essentially nothing... however if you need spell lock more than hellfire, Lulu might be a slightly better fit. Twins vs Lulu is essentially dumpster diving and taking the slightly less garbage follower.

Calydus is the only good demonology champion... if only Kanrethad had actually been his proper spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    My issue at the moment is unlocking that third item slot on my followers. Either its taking a very long time or im doing something wrong.
    It does take a while if you are just using missions unfortunately, if your follower has a bodyguard option, you can do it relatively quickly by spamming world quests with them as your bodyguard (since they buffed the xp from quests considerably).
    Last edited by Delia; 2017-06-13 at 07:53 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

Deleted
    I'm using the sisters as bodyguard ever since just because you will get an extr button with two charges to call them.

No stupid attacking other enemys or players while doing world quests like other champions do.

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    which bodyguard do you guys use? i currently have Rittsyn but his big green mount is driving me nuts!!!
    Kanrethad Ebonlocke. You can also hide him when you fly etc.

I agree it's better to have a bodyguard that is either on demand or gives you a buff and doesn't follow you around, but which one is the worst for missions (so i won't miss them that much in my remaining 6 champions)
    Warlock