Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Legendaries will be 940 until Tomb of Sargeras

So, the Patch comes out today, or tomorrow for the EU. This patch includes a bunch of new legos to get, notably the talent ring.

"New 7.2.5 legendary items can drop immediately with the patch release.

All legendaries will drop at ilvl 940 until Tomb of Sargeras opens."

So..what you're saying is, blizzard, You want us to not play your game for a week, to avoid having to do unneccessary bullshit in Tomb.

I do not understand you. I do not get why you make decisions like this. It is so bizarre.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42140423192576

Getting semi-punished for getting an upgrade before others get it is a new level of low, lol.

iirc you can collect an upgrade before ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    iirc you can collect an upgrade before ToS
    quest isnt live til the 20th. and legendaries did the exact same thing the week before nighthold launched (dropped at 910)

so this isnt new or unexpected.

Deleted
    The same like in NH.

Life goes on...

How are people suprised about this? We knew this would be how it would work. It was exactly the same in NH.

And also, how is this an issue? you get roughly 2 upgrades a week on legendaries. You'll manage.

I have 10/10MM legendaries, 10/10BM and 9/10 Survival, and I'm not even slightly phased about having to upgrade them.

I will actively use 7 of those legendaries in the first few weeks of ToS, and I will have atleast 1 of the new legendaries before the ilvl cap is raised.

Sure, you could not play for a week, but that would be stupid af. Especially considering you may not get the legendary you want, and get the other one, and depending on how much you play, means once normal/heroic opens, you could take 2 weeks to 2 months to actually get your legendary.

Mountain out of a mole hill here.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    So..what you're saying is, blizzard, You want us to not play your game for a week, to avoid having to do unneccessary bullshit in Tomb.

I do not understand you. I do not get why you make decisions like this. It is so bizarre.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42140423192576
    Simply, Blizzard don't want to balance ToS around having 2 x 970 Legendaries equipped or punishing Guilds that haven't gotten theirs?

We won't have to wait long for the 970 upgrades either, and we'll soon be running around ToS with 970s.

Just as dcc626 said before, this isn't new (Legendaries dropping at 910 before NH).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    quest isnt live til the 20th. and legendaries did the exact same thing the week before nighthold launched (dropped at 910)

Is interesting in how fast people forget this, even I forgot that was the case the week before Nighthold opened.. But seems to be a typical reaction they see what the OP linked and go off half cocked not realizing that this was the case before hand..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    The same like in NH.

Life goes on...
    Yeah, but I bet we will have same shit on the forums 6 months from now:

- people will complain that we have to upgrade all legendaries to 1000 and it will drop 970 before Mac'Aree... I mean Argus raid launch,
    - there will be "discussion" whether 7.3.5 will launch after raid or before,
    - there will be bitching how class changes are shit and about lack of balance (because they don't understand that all is balanced around new gear),
    - there will be bitching that they add another 1-2 legendary.

You can quote me on January 2018.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-06-13 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    The same like in NH.

Life goes on...
    All the answer needed for this, really. Nothing new, and nothing unexpected. As well, if the quest WAS available before ToS, then complaints would be for having to farm for it, and then it'll be a demand by guilds for ToS launch...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    they do this because a guy gets paid 10000$/month for thinking this is a good idea. but he only said "its a good idea" because he ate 4 burritos and needed to poop real bad and didnt want the meeting to go any longer

I complained about it also with 7.1.5, but I wasn't aware how quickly you could upgrade legendaries. In two weeks you could easily upgrade three legendaries in 7.1.5, and I rather expect the current rate to be even faster.
    It really is a non issue that just postpones upgrading your least worn legendary a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh another complain about everything thread.

How dare the sky be blue!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I complained about it also with 7.1.5, but I wasn't aware how quickly you could upgrade legendaries. In two weeks you could easily upgrade three legendaries in 7.1.5, and I rather expect the current rate to be even faster.
    It really is a non issue that just postpones upgrading your least worn legendary a few days.
    if the essences will drop from legionfall caches, its gonna be easy to farm, like, hoarding 1k resources and 500+ from missions is gonna be a free leg upgrade instantly

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Oh another complain about everything thread.

How dare the sky be blue!!!!!!!!!
    It's one complaint. I don't complain about everything mate. This is just a bizarre design decision. It just screams "Dont play our game" for a week, which makes 0 sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    It's one complaint. I don't complain about everything mate. This is just a bizarre design decision. It just screams "Dont play our game" for a week, which makes 0 sense.
    Not really. For those who don't get a legendary this week or already have all their BIS ones they are stuck with upgrading their current ones. So it's only fair that the new ones don't drop at 970 initially until the quest is available for everyone on the 20th. It would only cause my legendary envy then we already have.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I forgot it was like this before too...and I think my warrior got one in the in-between time...I was a bit pissed but as I don't raid it doesn't make much difference in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not a big deal..

Deleted
    Getting penalized for getting loot early is a fucking dumb thing to do. I have no idea why we have to upgrade the legendaries in the first place, just bumping them as tomb opens would be fine.

edit: i got one a day before nh opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    How are people suprised about this? We knew this would be how it would work. It was exactly the same in NH.

And also, how is this an issue? you get roughly 2 upgrades a week on legendaries. You'll manage.

I have 10/10MM legendaries, 10/10BM and 9/10 Survival, and I'm not even slightly phased about having to upgrade them.

I will actively use 7 of those legendaries in the first few weeks of ToS, and I will have atleast 1 of the new legendaries before the ilvl cap is raised.

Sure, you could not play for a week, but that would be stupid af. Especially considering you may not get the legendary you want, and get the other one, and depending on how much you play, means once normal/heroic opens, you could take 2 weeks to 2 months to actually get your legendary.

Mountain out of a mole hill here.
    Not surprised, it's just sad that stupid decisions on Blizzard's end have become the norm.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU