• 120- 130

56 16.87%
  • 130 and over

186 56.02%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    My IQ is over 9000 and you can't prove otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    You consider 130+ genius level? If this is a majority opinion, it would explain a lot of stuff around here indeed.
    You do know that roughly 2.5% of the population have an IQ over 130, and that 130+ is considered superior/gifted, right?
    The results of the poll are very, very questionable at best. And highly unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    This is a most astonishing discovery! It seems MMO Champion has broken world records and is a common gathering place for the greatest minds on Earth!

Look at this data for the love of Archimedes!

You never fail to amuse me. This is gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You do know that roughly 2.5% of the population have an IQ over 130, and that 130+ is considered superior/gifted, right?
    The results of the poll are very, very questionable at best. And highly unrealistic.
    I've learned since that we were comparing two different scales, but I still hold that gifted is not genius. In my book, a genius has an extra spark of creativity above and beyond book smarts.

And yes, this poll is fairly unrealistic.

I've taken a variety of IQ tests randomly over the years, mostly for my own amusement or curiosity about a specific test; based on those my IQ is anywhere between 111 and 146, so I'm either on the higher end of average or a super genius.

I also dressed myself this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why are we doubting the posters instead of just doubting the test? People score high because it is a crappy test.
    Didn't see a link to a test in the OP, so can't speak to that. I was doing a drive-by response to the thread, meaning I didn't check out what wasn't explicitly linked in the OP. So yeah, might be so. Or maybe we're all just special

*shrugs*
    The military (air force) adjudged my IQ somewhere between 140-150.
    I suspect whatever intellect I have, it's more about being aware of what and where I'm ignorant in.
    If it's anything, I used to be able to recall entire pages that I would quote from books I liked...(turn to page 467, it says...page after page...)
    That was kinda fun.

Everyone is pretty smart here, figures.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Everyone is pretty smart here, figures.
    Now, now...I wouldn't say that. We have a couple posting in various threads whose online names seems to have become synonymous with comparatively low IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Now, now...I wouldn't say that. We have a couple posting in various threads whose online names seems to have become synonymous with comparatively low IQ.
    I'm sure you could find a couple of those in the 130+ bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Holy shit it's Mall Security
    I was also thinking along those lines.

Also Fucking lol at the responses to the poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted 130 and above, because that's what the internet tests tell me.

That's what the internet tests tells almost everyone though, so that might skew the polls.

They're notoriously bad. Some give an inflated score to get more shares (people like sharing good results, and websites likes more traffic), some give better score for giving the wrong answers quickly than for giving the correct answers slowly, and some are just bad and random.

Probably plenty of people lying, but it wouldn't be strange if most people voting 130+ are just giving their results.

Either I'm right or I'm a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm sure you could find a couple of those in the 130+ bracket
    A fair point.
    Common sense seems to vary wildly from intelligence.

My IQ is scary high. It' so high, they wouldn't reveal the test results to my parents and I had to retake the test a few times. I was removed from normal class time to take these various tests. To this day I am not sure what the numbers actually are, but a psychologist once commented that it was over 146. This jackass was pretty evasive and his answer was in response to my specifically asking him what my IQ was at that time. Of course, my reply was simply: "Why won't you tell me the actual number?"

I also think the tests are culturally biased. My family is not from this culture nor is my native language English. It's possible my score is even higher given these cultural handicaps.

FWIW, I am probably the most violent person I know. I haven't hurt anyone in years, but when I was a kid you did not want to mess with me or get on my radar. I never hurt anyone without a reason, but in retaliation you could expect a significant rise in the stakes. I am also unusually adept in evading responsibility for the things I have done.

Nowadays, I am actually deeply thoughtful and tolerant of others. I am probably the most ethical person I know and the relatively questionable ethics of others bother me a lot. How people behave under modern circumstances makes me realize that there is very little hope for humanity as most people are wildly ignorant, myopic, and brutish in almost every way that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    They don't unless they get your parents consent, for legal reasons, however one could have been done, but generally because of the time, effort and cost to evaluate one, meaning someone who is really qualified with the education and experience to do one. The only time you will ever be tested generally as a child is if there is some concern about your learning, and performance as a student, other wise, unless you take them in college, or you have one done by qualified Psychologist for $300, you probably haven't done one.
    The school system I was in would ask to do the tests when teachers suspected previously unidentified candidates for the school's gifted programs. I thought I was in trouble when they asked my parents to bring me in (6th grade the first time). Every time I see a police interrogation room on TV, I flash back to that testing room.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Perryn View Post
    56% above 130 in the poll, nice.. that seems about right :P
    Lake Webegone Class of '83

Well since you asked mine was 139 when I took official ones while in school. How accurate that is who knows, and frankly who cares as it is just a number.

15+ Year Old Account
    118, but +130 on the internet looking at the poll results
    Also I'm scoring over 130 on all the internet IQ tests which are inflated

Deleted
    A quick google showed the average IQ in the US to be 98 and the average in the UK to be 100, the highest (surprise!) being Hong Kong with 106, 108 and 110.

My school gave us "IQ tests" one year for a mass science program the science board came up with... Just to give you an idea of how shit and totally inaccurate these are, I was/am fairly average in everything except maths and I scored 136. In my year there's a guy I'm friends with on Facebook who went on to be an architect, his parents are mathematicians and English professors, he had a private tutor 6 hours a week and his lowest GCSE was an A... he scored 126.

57% of people think they're 130+ over... Jesus Christ.

Deleted
    Isn't IQ considered irrelevant now in regards to intellect

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know. Since IQ is based on an average bell curve, it changes year to year.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-