Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paid mods with quality control and a price roof would be fine. If that meant they would not even be listed unless they are approved by someone, what's the problem?

Is anyone surprised.

Creation club was made so they could get good mods for vonsoles because pc mods either require third party assesrs or people are saying fuck skyrim Special edition.

This is to sell skyrim SE to console owners and sell them PC quality Mods out the ass while charging them. Again they are trying to sell skyrim a second time instead of just making a new fuck TES game.

Its a cash grab to sell mods and their SE. Period. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No..so they dont steal the code and models. They could easy asset-flip the sword model and just use a different color.
    There is nothing in their rules stating that they cant use others work in their work.

*i will be placing a watermark*
    Guess you still don't know what "curation" means.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want modders to be paid

I also want Bethesda to actually make their own fucking game where I dont have to buy the patches that fix the game or put in cutting room floor content

I also want Skyrim to stop being a dirty slut.
    Buy patches? Where did that happen?

I know people love to joke about Bethesda and bugs, but I can name a dozen AAA games buggier than Fallout 4 or Skyrim at launch with ME:A being the latest example. BGS has progressively gotten a lot better at making stable games and fixing their bugs. I have rarely encountered a crash or game breaking bug playing FO4, and most of them were caused by mods.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-06-13 at 02:42 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Guess you still don't know what "curation" means.

I know people love to joke about Bethesda and bugs, but I can name a dozen AAA games buggier than Fallout 4 or Skyrim at launch with ME:A being the latest example. BGS has progressively gotten a lot better at making stable games and fixing their bugs. I have rarely encountered a crash or game breaking bug playing FO4, and most of them were caused by mods.
    FO4 was great, but Skyrim still has a few issues. I got the patches to fix it. But Bethesda should be doing that, not modders.

It's just freelance DLC development but using fancy words to pretend to be "one with the community". A cheaper way for them to keep old boats afloat so they can have their own developers focused on other stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    No..so they dont steal the code and models. They could easy asset-flip the sword model and just use a different color.
    There is nothing in their rules stating that they cant use others work in their work.

*i will be placing a watermark*
    If it's new original stuff only and you have to summit a draft before it will be put in there. A super small chance that any one will just recolour a model more so as you apply with stuff you already are before hand and not very dick and John will be let in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Is anyone surprised.

Creation club was made so they could get good mods for vonsoles because pc mods either require third party assesrs or people are saying fuck skyrim Special edition.

This is to sell skyrim SE to console owners and sell them PC quality Mods out the ass while charging them. Again they are trying to sell skyrim a second time instead of just making a new fuck TES game.

Its a cash grab to sell mods and their SE. Period. The end.
    It's also for fallout 4 which does not have a special edition so it's not that much of a cash grab in that reguard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is old, so all the mods and content are free for years. If this creates new content that otherwise may never exist, then I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This is a very good idea. What this may become is the advent of unlimited DLC for Skyrim. We already have entire mod teams creating vanilla-sized GB mods taking 1000s of hours for free. If altruism can produce such amazing content, imagine the content we'll see with money being the motivator and backed by the developers themselves. Im ecstatic.

If it turns into "buy this texture pack for $10!" They can go fuck themselves with a wabbajack.

- - - Updated - - -

Skyrim has unlimited potential is why.
    Oldrin has unlimited potential, unless bethesda stop being such retards faggots and help the SKSE64 team SSE will only have armor/weapons skins

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    If you've done that all in 5.5 years, you have a problem keeping a job. If you have a 5 year old playing video games like skyrim (1) you're a bad parent (2) he's a child prodigy and you should get some eSports team interested. People like you are just angry they have to pay for something they should have never had for free in the first place.
    Son, are you stupid? My child being able to play Skyrim doesn't mean they are. I changed my job because, get this, I found better jobs that pay more money. Never been fired or let go, can easily get good reference letters from my bosses. What are you on about things being free? Since when was Skyrim ever free? If you actually learned to read you'd understand that my problem is with Skyrim being remade over and over again instead of working on a new Elder Scrolls.

Uh oh! MxR came out in favor of the creation club! Time to bitch at him until he apologizes!

Actually to be fair, I support mod authors getting paid for their work. Mod creation can be very hard, and very time consuming. The reason why the "Paid Steam Workshop" failed (rightfully so) was there were no system in place to prevent content theft/copyright infringement, mod authors would only get like 20 to 25$ of the profits while the rest were split between Valve and Bethesda.

From the looks of it, Creation Club is going to be a very closely monitored system, and since Steam is no longer in the picture in regards to profit distribution, more money can be given to the mod authors whom are working with in this new system. I am cautiously optimistic that this might be the better way in regards to "paid mods."

Now I know my opinion is not the popular one, but it's like, my opinion man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Son, are you stupid? My child being able to play Skyrim doesn't mean they are. I changed my job because, get this, I found better jobs that pay more money. Never been fired or let go, can easily get good reference letters from my bosses. What are you on about things being free? Since when was Skyrim ever free? If you actually learned to read you'd understand that my problem is with Skyrim being remade over and over again instead of working on a new Elder Scrolls.
    You know Bethesda make other games then the elders Srolls right? Just because there keeping skyrim alive doesn't mean they would be working on ES6 if they weren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Uh oh! MxR came out in favor of the creation club! Time to bitch at him until he apologizes!

Actually to be fair, I support mod authors getting paid for their work. Mod creation can be very hard, and very time consuming. The reason why the "Paid Steam Workshop" failed (rightfully so) was there were no system in place to prevent content theft/copyright infringement, mod authors would only get like 20 to 25$ of the profits while the rest were split between Valve and Bethesda.

From the looks of it, Creation Club is going to be a very closely monitored system, and since Steam is no longer in the picture in regards to profit distribution, more money can be given to the mod authors whom are working with in this new system. I am cautiously optimistic that this might be the better way in regards to "paid mods."

Now I know my opinion is not the popular one, but it's like, my opinion man.
    Realisticly there's no reason to dislike the idea of it works how how the FAQ suggest it will. It's just hiring modders to make dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    You know Bethesda make other games then the elders Srolls right? Just because there keeping skyrim alive doesn't mean they would be working on ES6 if they weren't.
    Irrelevant, I can enjoy those games too and still be irritated that they aren't doing something new with Elder Scrolls. If they're working on it we have no evidence either way, all we're seeing is Skryim being remade and supported.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Irrelevant, I can enjoy those games too and still be irritated that they aren't doing something new with Elder Scrolls. If they're working on it we have no evidence either way, all we're seeing is Skryim being remade and supported.
    Well ya skyrim is still super popular and people want to play it on what wee new console they get. I personally wish they remade oblivion but I can see why they would do skyrim as there is still a demand for it and it's way Easyer.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a terrible idea. I don't care about Fallout 4 or Skyrim at this point, the good mods for Skyrim are out and anything new will likely not be worth reinstalling the game. But, when Elderscrolls 6 finally slides out of the hole that is Bethesda it's another story. The UI will likely be as bad as it was in Skyrim on PC so naturally we'll see a SkyUI equivalent. But hey, I could give it out for free, OR I could put it on the Creation Club and make hand over fist on the people who want to play without wanting to deal with Bethesda's idea of what a PC UI should be.
    Guess what happens when people don't want to pay for that shiny mod?
    Pirates. People will pirate these mods, guaranteeing that they'll be out in the wild. Bethesda will be obligated to police and ensure that any mods that are put onto their store are not re-uploaded for free elsewhere.
    Right now, when someone abandons a mod someone else can pick up where the original author left off. We won't be able to have this with the Creation Club.
    Compilations won't be possible either, People take the time and collect the good armor or spell mods and put them together for ease of access. Will we still have that with the Creation Club? Probably not since we can't have people sharing paid mods because then they wouldn't be making any money.

Bethesda is butthurt that they've been losing out on the money that mods make for the people who make them and are trying to get the fingers into that pie. If Bethesda would make games that don't require bugfix mods or rebalancing mods then maybe I would be more open to this. As it stands I am beyond mad that Bethesda thinks they can do this, and it kills me that people will eat it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want modders to be paid
    In principle, this is correct. But anyone interested in signing up for this needs to go through the legal agreement with Bethesda with a magnifying glass. Depending on how rights to the mods IP are handled, it could seriously hurt the modder in the long run since it can only be their own original content.

Example: Let's say you make a mod for Fallout 4 and it becomes incredibly popular, and is generating a lot more revenue than expected for both you and Bethesda. Bethesda wants to incorporate some or all of this content into Fallout 5 or a related DLC. Are you getting paid for that?

If you maintain full rights over the mod's IP - which I seriously doubt - then Bethesda has to get your permission, and you can ask for money in exchange. If the principle underlying Creation Club is "modders should be paid for their work," then this is how it ought to function; you created the content and you own it, therefor you get to profit from it.

If, however, Bethesda gains all the rights over the mod's IP - which is certainly possible as it happens all the time in other creative enterprises like writing and graphic design - then they can do whatever they want with it outside that Fallout 4 mod. They can package it in Fallout 5 and not even ask. They can package it as a paid DLC for some other game and not legally owe you anything from the proceeds. You only collect from the Fallout 4 mod and get nothing else, for only as long as Bethesda is legally obligated to sell it and people are willing to buy it. You wouldn't even be able to sell or provide any portion of it to the public without being sued for copyright infringement from Bethesda, because they're the ones who own it.
    Last edited by Slybak; 2017-06-13 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Bethesda is butthurt that they've been losing out on the money that mods make for the people who make them and are trying to get the fingers into that pie.
    Where are these paid mods for Skyrim or Fallout? I've never paid for a mod for either game. If it's such a huge market...where is the marketplace?

You're not making this up, are you? You couldn't be so butthurt about something that will never effect you, you'd made stuff up, would you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Where are these paid mods for Skyrim or Fallout? I've never paid for a mod for either game. If it's such a huge market...where is the marketplace?

You're not making this up, are you? You couldn't be so butthurt about something that will never effect you, you'd made stuff up, would you?
    Tipping and patreon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tipping and patreon.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19733/?

second most popular mod on skyrim nexus no patreon link and heres a list of people who donated.

ENBarcelo
    Damask15
    Cat
    midhras
    BioTek
    mars84
    G Brooke
    Nebsif
    incubus664
    TOTENKOPF1988
    ((Josh)) Thorn
    ScreaminGreenMachine
    BarnabasCollins
    GHETTOCAT
    xXGamer85Xx
    Unduli
    Alex B
    toghopper
    crispiniscool
    Fenghal
    SitchBlap
    sanctusvir
    Spencer R.
    Luzburg
    Ravenbear
    Teppouu
    IDzeroNo
    Jhampa
    DaemonMort
    LavaHawaii
    ManlyDicSizzle
    Jonathan Freeloader
    ProtectorVargs
    gamer7542
    ahycb

there are so many there clearly are making mad bank yo.

Tipping and patreon.
    So, the small pool of patreon and tipping is this vast marketplace Bethseda is tapping into.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Just admit you made it up, save everyone time not having to read your "Nuh uh!" responses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So, the small pool of patreon and tipping is this vast marketplace Bethseda is tapping into.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Just admit you made it up, save everyone time not having to read your "Nuh uh!" responses.
    Sure, I take that part back. I stand by everything else though.