Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

I liked the grinding reps with tabards, It wasn't perfect but It could've been worked upon. That wasn't really gating, as you could In theory run as much dungeons as you like and get the reputation weeks sooner than someone else.
    I am not talking about grindable reps from kills, many reps are limited to only a limited about of daily/weekly quests.

Ogri'la rep is one of the worst (yes it's easy, it still is gated to a few weeks if you wanted it), and has zero methods of speed it up, 10 years later, timewalking tokens don't exist for that one.

Netherwing also took weeks back then when everyone was doing it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-13 at 02:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To forcibly prevent people from running out of content and then complaining that the game has no content.

Also, it's nothing new. What do you think Attunement was? What do you think the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj were?

Have people forgotten Agamath, Rohendor, and Archonisus, the literal gates of the Sunwell Plateau?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Remember, Blizz's new performance metric for shareholders encourages development that makes you log in as often as possible to maintain your character, no matter how stupid, arbitrary, or transparent the mechanic is.
    There's nothing new about them trying to make you login every day.

Remember when they added Daily Quests in Burning Crusade? 10 daily quests a day, better do them all, every day, or you'll never finish your reputation grind.

Remember how Isle of Quel'danas was gated? Probably not. Seems like everyone thinks this is something new. They rolled out those daily quests a few at a time over the course of several weeks. And Sunwell Plateau was similarily gated to prevent people from progressing through the entire raid too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

There's nothing new about them trying to make you login every day.

Remember when they added Daily Quests in Burning Crusade? 10 daily quests a day, better do them all, every day, or you'll never finish your reputation grind.

Remember how Isle of Quel'danas was gated? Probably not. Seems like everyone thinks this is something new. They rolled out those daily quests a few at a time over the course of several weeks. And Sunwell Plateau was similarily gated to prevent people from progressing through the entire raid too quickly.
    A few things.

-most reputations had turn-in and dungeon gain mechanics so you could do them at your own pace. Most reps didn't have dailies, just repeatable turn ins.
    -Part of the draw of Isle on my server was how closely together it packed the server population, before imbalances got really ridic. Pee vee peeeeeee.
    -99.9999% of people would not have given two fucks how fast Sunwell opened because the most they ever saw of it was Kalecgos trash farming.

Do you remember Burning Crusade?

Well I'm glad I did my research before resubbing this time. I was burned by 7.2 and wasn't about to make the same mistake again. I quit half-way through 7.2 and was thinking of coming back to finish the shitty Broken Shore questline on my 3 max level chars (and to level up my 4th), but between more time gating in 7.2.5 and LFR for ToS being dragged until August, I have zero plans of coming back until then.

If Blizz are going to drag out every little bit of content for maximum subs and in such an obvious manner, then I will ration my subscription accordingly. This way when I resub in August I will have a nice chunk of content to do and a full raid to clear.