Deleted

Cant level artifact research past level 25?

Like, I started again last week on a new character.. going to get shit working.. leveld artifact research to level 25 a few days ago and stuff.

but apparently you can get it to like 40? how? mines capped at 25..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post
    Like, I started again last week on a new character.. going to get shit working.. leveld artifact research to level 25 a few days ago and stuff.

Go talk to Khadgar in the broken shore, that should fix it if I remember right

Have to do the opening 7.2 Broken Shore questline to unlock AK25+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

As the others wrote, go do the BS chain and you will be given a quest that grants you AK26. Then you can start researching your way up to 40 which, according to the most recent announcement, will only take a few days instead of weeks once the hotfix is in:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-time-reduced!

This post saved me some time, I came back to WoW recently so I wasn't sure myself.

Since the question has been answered, and it seems some people are coming back, another bit of advice would be to get Dauntless gear in all slots that aren't 850 before wasting time with World Quests and such. Dauntless gear is pretty cheap and easy to get and will give your character an easy ILevel boost without wasting too much time.

You can also get one of those tomes from your main, and skip that quest completely. I think there were bugs with that initially, but it's mostly working now.

My priest sent my shaman a level 30 tome. The shaman had the 25 level quest with khadgar in his quest log, but I never got around to doing it. When the shaman clicked on the tome, I saw a message saying "A quest has been removed from your log" and it moved me up to level 29 (strangely instead of 30 ... though maybe that still IS a bug).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    it moved me up to level 29 (strangely instead of 30 ... though maybe that still IS a bug).
    Not a bug. The tome gives you level xx minus whatever research scrolls you have already. If you have 1 scroll in your bag or being researched, you get 30-1=29.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    My priest sent my shaman a level 30 tome... and it moved me up to level 29 (strangely instead of 30 ... though maybe that still IS a bug).
    I don't think so. The tomes say something to the effect of "consumes all available artifact research tomes to increase your artifact knowledge to level XX." When I did that to raise my alts to 40, it raised my AK to 38 or 39 and instantly completed the existing work orders; using those work orders brought me up to 40.