Question Cant get into bios, im stumped!

Forgive the poor grammar, misuse of contrqctions and the occational spelling error, im on my tab and i have too lqrge fingers to type on these kinds of things.

I have a real headscratcher for you guys, i strongly wrlcome brainstorming on this one. I will keep it as shott and as to the point that i can.

Yesterday i started seeing artefacts on my screen, red/yeloow dots iirc neatly stacked in clear columns. Ive had this happen once or twice over the decqdes so figured id restart the computer to clear/reset and graphics issues.

Now i wont get past POST. I get screen to press DEL to enter BIOS, but no matter what i do after 10 or so sec the computer rrstarts.

Ive tried clearing CMOS. With jumper, removing battery; letting it sit for a while and holding down power button on chassi to clear any charge. No luck.

Ive removed all 3 hdds and 2 ssds, no effect.

Rrseated both ram modules, switched them to my old ram modules, tried moving to other dual chqnnel config, even trying single module in new slots, no effect.

Ive replaced gpu with my old, still eorking gtx 770, no effect.

Ive reseated all psu cables on mobo, no luck.

Cant find any solution googling, only threads of people with similar issues and no sokutions.

Ive removed all chassi fans, because im that desperate, no luck.

Next up on the list is vacuuming the entire thing in case of dust buildup (though possitive air pressure and filtets on all intakes).

Specs:
    Cpu
    2500k @4.1ghz (first restart mobo said there was issue with oc and clocked to 3.7ghz)

mobo
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...P-D3-rev-20#ov

Ram
    Currently 2x8gb xms3 1.65v
    Standard is 2x8gb ballistix 1866 1.5v

Gpu
    1070 g1 gaming
    ------------

I have had something similar happen twice before, both due to mobo whining on too high clock on cpu, but both times i would reset CMOS and be bqckcin business. First time oc was 4.4ghz, secomd time 4.2ghz. Now third time it was 4.1ghz. Note this is over like a 5-6 year period, all clocks was stable (until they apparently wernt).

So fellow geeks, whats your take on this?

If cmos clear isnt doing anything my guess is the board is toast.

Take the motherboard out of the case (put it on motherboard box/phone book etc) and only hook up the essentials (24 pin, cpu power, gpu/gpu power) and see if that gets you into bios. Next step would be removing one stick of ram and testing each slot with the other. If all that fails, you got a dead mobo.

Have you tried starting off intergrated graphics? Looks like either processor or motherboard hub is dead.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Ty for respinses.

Vacuuming didnt help.

Next up is changing te battery on the off chance it might work.

I will then test integrqted, (but i will have to do it on my projector due to cba cable issues and it is super bright during the summer all nikthemeron)

I will then move the mobo out and test the bare essentials.

- - - Updated - - -

7t took some trying but i got integrqted to work. I also got confirmwtion thqt it gets input from my keyboard. I can press tab to get padt the picture/logo and get the dos style thing. It just shows the ram (4gb +-64mb shared or some such, as expected), but it doesnt add more text under it, like cpu clocks etc, before reboot.

Next up is taking it out but i think this is ly first failed mobo. I cant serm to find a 1155 mobo replacement through google either, unless it costs what a new comp would.

- - - Updated - - -

No luck.

I will check this threqd periodically, but it would seem i have friends to call to see if they hqve q replqcement board. Sidenote: stupid q-button.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Ty for respinses.

Vacuuming didnt help.

Next up is changing te battery on the off chance it might work.

I will then test integrqted, (but i will have to do it on my projector due to cba cable issues and it is super bright during the summer all nikthemeron)

I will then move the mobo out and test the bare essentials.

- - - Updated - - -

7t took some trying but i got integrqted to work. I also got confirmwtion thqt it gets input from my keyboard. I can press tab to get padt the picture/logo and get the dos style thing. It just shows the ram (4gb +-64mb shared or some such, as expected), but it doesnt add more text under it, like cpu clocks etc, before reboot.

Next up is taking it out but i think this is ly first failed mobo. I cant serm to find a 1155 mobo replacement through google either, unless it costs what a new comp would.

- - - Updated - - -

No luck.

I will check this threqd periodically, but it would seem i have friends to call to see if they hqve q replqcement board. Sidenote: stupid q-button.
    Do an quick inspection when you're removing the board from the case. Look for damaged capacitors, burned contacts or missing elements on the board. You could have an easier case than let's say a faulty hub/CPU (in which case you will have to replace it), maybe you can get away with repair.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

I moved away 2 years ago from the only person i knew that could repair motherboards, and even still thqt was like 20 years ago. I did do a sweeping inspection of the motherboard when i took it out and cleaned the hard to get plqces from dust, and 7 didnt see anything burned. I will take a greater closer inspection though, thank you for reminding me.

Update:
    I tried with another PSU, but it still didnt work. Funnily enough, when i built this computer i gifted my old one to my mother. I got her a laptop late last year so i got my oldie back. I just dusted it off, its a AMD socket 940 with 2x4gb of 800mhz ddr2. Iirc this did decent enough in WoW at the time, I wonder how it would perform in light gaming, everyday administrative tasks, medium programming and heavy excel/SQL operations with a 1070 and a samsung ssd. If anyone is interested in benchmsrks let me know what and how and ill get back to you.

Well then, time for a beer.

Gigabyte is one of those brands that I would never spend any money on... for motherboards in the future, go with MSI.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Gigabyte is one of those brands that I would never spend any money on... for motherboards in the future, go with MSI.
    Right now Asus and Gigabyte are the top dogs with Motherboards and OC records
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Right now Asus and Gigabyte are the top dogs with Motherboards and OC records
    Gigabyte OC boards are pretty bad. Also, motherboards have nothing to do with videocards.

Spare LGA1155 boards shouldn't be too terribly expensive, even an H61 board if you absolutely just have to get it running; I snagged one on eBay for about $45 a couple months ago. If it does come down to it and you do end up getting a new motherboard/CPU/RAM setup (which if a new motherboard is going to run you more than about $70 I would certainly do) you can sell the old parts and recoup a lot of your losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Gigabyte OC boards are pretty bad. Also, motherboards have nothing to do with videocards.
    Didn't see a Gigabyte video card mentioned anywhere here.
    Super casual.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Why are you talking about GFX cards?

GIGABYTE Breaks 7.5GHz Barrier

der8auer cpu frequency core i7 7740k 7562.25_MHz on Asus ROG Rampage VI Apex
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    All of this has nothing to do with the end user. These boards are designed to handle a lot more than a Kaby Lake-X has to offer, even under LN2, so I guess those people can push good chip to those clocks on a pretty much any X299 board.

They do if the chipset is more compatible with a particular vendor..

YAY!

11th post out of 10 towards normal messagning features! (Rolls eyes.)