Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is no one upset that Blizz let another game wreck the WoW token econ?

I really feel like this is an issue but maybe I'm over thinking it... guess it's about the big picture for Acti-Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion1 View Post
    I really feel like this is an issue but maybe I'm over thinking it...
    It would have happened even with one of their own games if it was B2P. So what if it's Destiny 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like this is an issue but maybe I'm over thinking it...
    In a way I am but then I think about the people whom might not really have a chance of getting the game for real money / permission to get it due to it costing a lot in real money. It isn't really uncommon for active players to have a good stash of gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Any new game, expansion or anything would mess up the wow token prices. Doesn't matter if it was Destiny or whatever it was bound to happen eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It would have happened even with one of their own games if it was B2P. So what if it's Destiny 2?
    I'm saving tokens for the Necromancer unlock in Diablo 3, as it'll cost money but the patch itself and other content, won't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    wreck it? what do you mean?

i mean who wouldent want to spend 20$ to get 130k

oh wait you mean the other way

idk if you know this but there is two ways to an economy.

if the price of an item goes up, yes those buyying it are harmed, but those selling are doing much better

item was 30k, people selling where only getting 30k, rather lame, those buyying were spending 30k to get 15$ rather good
    item is now 130k, people selling are now getting 130k! much better, those buyying are now spending 130k to get 15$ rather lame

yes it means you cant buy each month as easily but those who want to buy gold can buy much more
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

QQ let them flow.

Hasn't dramatically changes the prices from my perspective.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It's an Actiblizz game. I don't see a problem with it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Problem isn't the new game making the token price go up, there's simply nothing to make it go down enough.

Gold is already very easy in mediocre quantities , and theres no insane mandatory gold sinks, not everyone spends 3.75 million on the "mad merchant" stuff..

Heirlooms might put you down about 650-750k, but that's only if you really want them all at 110.

(1000 a day is nothing now for regular gameplay at 110, not counting circulation of AH money)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-06-14 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Problem isn't the new game making the token price go up, there's simply nothing to make it go down enough.

Gold is already very easy in mediocre quantities , and theres no insane mandatory gold sinks, not everyone spends 3.75 million on the "mad merchant" stuff..

Heirlooms might put you down about 650-750k, but that's only if you really want them all at 110.

(1000 a day is nothing now for regular gameplay at 110, not counting circulation of AH money)
    The new heirloom items in 7.2.5 will be a good gold sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like this is an issue but maybe I'm over thinking it... guess it's about the big picture for Acti-Blizz
    The token system isn't a requirement... If you can't afford it in game, just keep doing what people have been doing for 12 years before the token system came out... buying sub cards or paying online for stuff...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Like I said, only if you want them all, it cost me like 400k to upgrade all of them from 100 to 110 (I don't have the SOO/WoD heirlooms)

Which I probably won't even use them all, you can really "budget" yourself if you don't touch the weapons and double armor pieces/necks etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    At like 5k and 7k a piece? Not really.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    It does move a lot of money people have banked to circulation, which devalues all money currently in circulation and that raises prices by a bit.

I bought a token yesterday and upgraded almost all of heirlooms except the weapons to 110. I had 50k gold from a token i had bought a few months ago. I guess it was about 200k to get all the heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wreck it? what do you mean?

i mean who wouldent want to spend 20$ to get 130k

oh wait you mean the other way

idk if you know this but there is two ways to an economy.

if the price of an item goes up, yes those buyying it are harmed, but those selling are doing much better

item was 30k, people selling where only getting 30k, rather lame, those buyying were spending 30k to get 15$ rather good
    item is now 130k, people selling are now getting 130k! much better, those buyying are now spending 130k to get 15$ rather lame

yes it means you cant buy each month as easily but those who want to buy gold can buy much more
    Still cheaper to buy gold *elsewhere*, then buy wow tokens.

An optional one. There hasnt been a real, mandatory gold sink since TBC(flying mounts).
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It's a master stroke for Acti-Blizz. I mean, what better way to monetize WoW when it's population is steadily dropping that to incentivize the whales to keep dropping cash into it while the "free" players keep farming gold? Not only that, but they're getting players into their OTHER games, potentially causing them to spend money there as well.

It's a 100% profit-driven decision, to be sure. But holy shit is it an amazing move. You can't help but respect the ingeniousness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    At like 5k and 7k a piece? Not really.
    Also, MANY people will not buy it. In order for a gold sink to work it has to be something everyone or most people need. There has not been a high end, required gold sink for 10 years.
    READ and be less Ignorant.