Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock should be redesigned

The more I think about, the more I begin to realise that Blizzard's insistance upon splitting each class and all of their moves 3 ways is just a bad idea for some pure DPS classes.

Warlocks, by far, get the worst of this. Hunters and Rogues both suffer, but Warlocks are almost crippled by it.

Our player representation is low and to be honest with you, the class is boring to play, no matter what spec. Especially compared to other classes that have much smoother and more rewarding mechanics.

So scrapping the 3-spec system and giving pure DPS classes like Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, a single spec and allow us to customize our talents from a larger pool.

I doubt Blizzard would do that so imagine then, if you will, Warlock becomes a Hybrid. Where Demo actually got big, scary pets and could actually tank instances, dungeons, even raids. Affliction became a healer, where we (for once) take someone elses ability (in this case, priest) and we heal our team through our damage.

Deleted
    I've always thought that Affliction should be based around permanent dots that you manipulate through other abilities. I.E. You put up your 3 dots, and then you cast Plague Bolt that stacks additive damage to your DoTs. A big CD would be a spell that triples your tick speed for x amount of seconds for a large burst window when you've stacked up Plague bolt. But that's just how i'd design the class tbh.

Warlocks only just got redesigned, and after several changes are starting to look a lot better in terms of design. It doesn't need a complete redesign, maybe a few more changes.

Also, "boring gameplay" is subjective.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

I understand what your saying and I agree with you to a degree our core class is chopped into 3 tiny bites that don't all work together that well by themselves. It probably wont happen until the next expansion though if ever. Having a tank class that wears cloth is needed though and our armor would come from the demon form or whatever like bear form is.

I like playing a caster but only if they dont get 2 shot by nelth lair scorpion adds so thats why I choose warlock. Also I pug a lot and warlock with summon portal is a good way to have a perma invite to any raid. I try to stay optimal in those things. Having to gear up a rogue by pure pugging... GL ever getting invited.

Affliction is the smoothest it's been since mop honestly. Any other argument other just mean you don't understand their abilities and rotation.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks should be un-redesigned.

And here I just want my Cataclysm Affliction back... Talk about having different opinions.

Deleted
    Affliction is OK, I shan't comment on destro as I hate that playstyle, but the elephant in the room is dmeonology. It's basically dots with legs and everything is bound to the hideously horrible Dmeonic Empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    And here I just want my Cataclysm Affliction back... Talk about having different opinions.
    I was one of the masochistic few who enjoyed soulfire's 15% buff (early cata - improved soulfire iirc). Overall though my fav was early mop redesign (infamous Xelnath era). All 3 specs varied greatly, had harmony within.

Warlocks are constantly overhauled since... cata I guess?
    Last edited by Sartre; 2017-06-14 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikin33t View Post
    splitting each class and all of their moves 3 ways is just a bad idea for some pure DPS classes.
    I disagree, I think that making each spec a "mini-class" is very good idea, it brings a lot of identity and fantasy.

Our player representation is low and to be honest with you, the class is boring to play, no matter what spec. Especially compared to other classes that have much smoother and more rewarding mechanics.
    I don't care about player representation, it means nothing in regards gameplay, and on the other hand I find warlock super fun, even after having mained my DestroLock since mid Vanilla I still enjoy it, while when I try to play some other classes (except my feral) I tend to get bored a while later... the concept of fun and boredom is 100% subjective.

So scrapping the 3-spec system and giving pure DPS classes like Hunters, Warlocks, Rogues, a single spec and allow us to customize our talents from a larger pool.
    No thanks. Merging all 3 specs in one means I'd have an ubercomplicated rotation due to having to deal with affliction dots, demonology clunkiness and destruction nukes, pretty much what Destro in Cataclysm was, it had so many unsynchronized buttons and cooldowns I still don't know what was the proper rotation back then, (it had many tools in PvP tho), and I don't wanna deal with that again. The MoP version of the class was the climax for many of us.

I think you are quite lucky, as blizz seems to design currently for players like you.
    With dumb 3-4 buttons classes, all having self heal and same number of offensive/def CD, clearly for lazy people who like to "master" a class by watching a youtube video and reading half a guide from whatever website.

I mained as well a destro lock since Vanilla, but it's best identity is nowhere near now. Quick example is drain life, which has nothing to do with destro fantasy, but ember tap seemed too sophisticated for a forth button, so many would avoid it and then qq on forums for lack of self heals.

I actually quite like the direction they're going, tbh. I like that the three specs feel actually different to me and, even though it's a disguised DoT based spec, demonology is the one I enjoy the most.
    The thing that I kinda miss the most is the flavor and the extra shit you had before - fel and demonic armor, curse of the elements and all that which kinda made you even more unique, even if it was kind of a waste of a GCD / just a flavor buff that was worked into a baseline thing that you no longe have to cast.
    But still, I'm actually enjoying playing a warlock while during WoD I was just kinda going through the motions because my guild needed a warlock for raids.

This, Warlocks were great in MoP. All 3 specs were in a much better place then.

I agree. My warlock friend that plays this game 24/7 for as long as the game exists confirms this every day. He's increasingly angrier by the day and doesn't let a single chance go to waste by constantly telling me how much his class sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I agree. My warlock friend that plays this game 24/7 for as long as the game exists confirms this every day. He's increasingly angrier by the day and doesn't let a single chance go to waste by constantly telling me how much his class sucks.
    your friend is not unique in any way. That is how warlock mains have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    your friend is not unique in any way. That is how warlock mains have always been.
    Are you telling me the majority of angry people play warlock or that by playing warlock people become angry people? omg I have to save my friend

Deleted
    Legion has been the worst expansion for Warlocks in my eyes.
    The other expansions you could have fun with soulswap, meta form and even demon fury was fun to charge up.

This expansion just blows

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Are you telling me the majority of angry people play warlock or that by playing warlock people become angry people? omg I have to save my friend
    That's actually an interesting thought. I suppose they start out normal and get twisted, much like how fel works in warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Legion has been the worst expansion for Warlocks in my eyes.
    The other expansions you could have fun with soulswap, meta form and even demon fury was fun to charge up.

This expansion just blows
    Warlocks have murdered parsing for Nighthold. PvP affliction is (was) broken in 3's, and affliction is the most sought for DPS in RBGs. Now with the changes buffing damage all around; the class is moving towards a dot fantasy even more. Especially since they moved PS and SL. 110 talent tree actually feels worth a damn now. People have rose tinted glasses of the past and can't accept that change is inevitable if you like it or not. SoulSwap this expansion would make no sense, and even if it did. It wouldn't be useful because of the fact we have soulflame and StS. Also, the fact that getting multiple instances of dots (agony) is just a waste of effort and/or global for very marginal gains. Demo for the past two expansion has so many changes with adding spells and removing spells. Although, yet to figure out what it wanted to do; because it had absolutely no consistencies in class fantasy and game-play. Truly feeling felt like you had zero control over demons, and you your self were a demon...? Rotation mechanics that were extremely clunky and unappealing. That everyone still played Affliction or Destro simply because it was better. To cast a filler for 45 seconds just to transform into a heinous demon to cast a renamed filler and use a nuke. Absolutely no thought behind the design.
    Demo has made leaps and bounds in terms of class / spec fantasy at some points having 15+ demon's out. All while buffing them, and controlling their movement/actions to your every whim. I'll admit demo can be clunky in the aspect of lining up thak's and DE for maximum damage. Overall a minor set back for the amount of quality oozing out of design and fantasy warlock currently posses.. We are clearly playing two different games. If Legion is "blows" in your opinion. I would recommend to you don't play. Not only would you do the community, but yourself a a certain justice.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    This, Warlocks were great in MoP. All 3 specs were in a much better place then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Warlocks should be un-redesigned.
    Blizz had it right then fucked it up. They refuse to put it right again so it will continue to be fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by spira View Post
    To no-one's surprise, neither gaidax nor bacon seem to be capable of presenting any evidence whatsoever to back up their argument. "You're wrong because I say so" doesn't make someone's argument wrong. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.