Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Chaos theory overrated?

I have been testing the new legendary cloak (cloak+ring) on the ptr for weeks, and I have been quite disappointed by the fact that I was putting better numbers with the ring+shoulders combo. The only way I felt the cloak could be really useful was when they nerfed the ring (1-3 fury gen) so I could use the cloak+shoulders combo.
    Also, I got extremely lucky today as I managed to get the new leggo in my emissary cache, so I decided to give it a second go on the poutch with many trinkets combo. Still couldn't do better than shoulders.

What do you guys think of the new cloak? I personally think it needs some class changes for it to be effective for our classic raiding build. I'm waiting for the upcoming hotfixes that should be coming this week to know more about it.

Feel free to tell me what you think, maybe someone could has tested it or could correct me. But I am staying with shoulders+ring for now.

Ps: I actually think it's BIS for demonic, having chaos blade during our meta must be amazing, extremely rng though, but the output would be huge.

Seems like you have no clue what you are talking about. But i might be wrong..

It's good with T20 and ToS gear.
    For now, I'm simming 10k less with cloak instead of shoulders (but my cape is 920, and off set chest 905, vs a tier chest 890 and shoulders crit/haste 900).

And with my curent gear, CC still sims higher than Fb. The cape will be damn good when we hit T20 I guess.

Chaos there is under understood ... mainly because of a really bad run in a certain dinosaur movie.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It is good due to the Synergy with T20 4 pc.

shoulder has synergy with the new t20 as well. more meta=more juicy Death sweep that benefited from t20 4pec

so, the argument that cloak>shoulder merely because it's synergy with t20 isn't convincing at all
    Last edited by Realmerc; 2017-06-14 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realmerc View Post
    shoulder has synergy with the new t20 as well. more meta=more juicy Death sweep that benefited from t20 4pec

so, the argument that cloak>shoulder merely because it's synergy with t20 isn't convincing at all
    I agree with you, I think we should get rid of the ring to make the cloak efficient, it's up to blizzard and how they want us to play.

There was a simulation already, the back with aothg is top. However I think it's very random. The shoulders are quite close and would be much more reliable.

Meanwhile I just dropped the shitty talent ring. The fucking dissapointment when you see a stat stick like Prydaz simming higher in every scenario than a free talent ring. The joys of Blizzard's stupidity. I'd love to get the new Cloak or Shoulders instead... but it was dissapointment I got in its stead.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-06-14 at 02:38 PM.

The amount of stupidity in this thread is unreal

Infracted
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-06-22 at 11:16 PM.

I ran heroic NH with the cloak last night and to be honest with you having it is nice however our class is still the same crap.

There are times where I feel like maybe 2m meta would have been better but overall it works out to be the exact same thing except the difference is for an exhausting 3 minute and something downtime hoping to god you can get your second meta in.

The only thing that makes the spec okay is its opener but now with the dinnerbell nerf our opener and following meta coming at 3.65m with cloak spec that's 3.35M of the most eye gouging of rotations with very little hope of a rise in dps that requires any skill whatsoever outside of maintaining good uptime. With clientele who have played this long something with sophistication and finesse was desireable but instead we have this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    The amount of stupidity in this thread is unreal
    Do you have it?

Sims about 9k higher for me then ring/belt.. however I get way more from belt then sim shows (2-3%) I get (5-7%).. shoulders actually sim a tiny bit over cloak/ring..

In practice currently with the fights in nh I can say that for me shoulders/belt with ring> cloak + ring

Maybe that will change with new tier more haste but right now I don't think its amazing at all

Simcraft underrates belt due to something with the fight length. There are some command options you have to use to make it more accurate.

You also can almost always get the full benefit of the belt while shoulders get worse with any mechanics that interrupt attacking.

How can all this feelcraft cumulating not explode and shatter the whole universe into pieces? :thinking:

gz on cape man, i got a 50/50 to get it on next lego!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankstar View Post
    gz on cape man, i got a 50/50 to get it on next lego!
    Its completly crap

Its completly crap
    Why is it crap?

Its completly crap
    its bis with aothg ring. check in the DH discord from a few well known theorycrafters. It may not be strong now, but its bis in tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsSpiRo View Post
    Seems like you have no clue what you are talking about. But i might be wrong..
    You're not wrong. He's stupid.

Infracted
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-06-22 at 11:17 PM.